Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 21st October 2014, 15:56   #16
BHPian

Default Re: Mumbai indore

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmolChaps View Post
While on my way back I plan to take the Indore-Khandwa-Burhanpur-Jalgaon-Duhle-Thane route. Please let me know condition of this return trip route. Can it be driven in the night and are there good places to stop for food. I plan to travel with family. Thanks in advance!
Unless you have some work along this route OR you are taking this route just as an off-drive, I would suggest that you stick to the NH3. The NH3 in MP is far better than in MH. The drive is much faster on the NH3. Moreover since you are travelling with family you will have better options on the NH3.

Of course, the Burhanpur road is also good and scenic too. But in my view will take you longer than the NH3.
ptushar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2014, 18:05   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptushar View Post
Unless you have some work along this route OR you are taking this route just as an off-drive, I would suggest that you stick to the NH3. The NH3 in MP is far better than in MH. The drive is much faster on the NH3. Moreover since you are travelling with family you will have better options on the NH3.

Of course, the Burhanpur road is also good and scenic too. But in my view will take you longer than the NH3.
Thanks for the reply, I did want to visit Burhanpur on my way back, but it is not important if there is too much of hassle. But as you suggested, I will change my plan and stick to NH3. Thanks again!
AmolChaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2014, 16:25   #18
BHPian

Tye Burhanpur route is 2-laned route with not many options. In dhule just as you enter you can find decent hotels on the highway itself. Though NH3 is far more advisable to take than this route
bhavtol is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2014, 10:47   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelwriter View Post
Hi,

Can anyone help with good petrol bunks enroute (Bombay-Indore). Thanks.
While Bunks are plenty, I found the cheapest fuel on the way at the HP Pumps just before the Nashik Ghats. Most HP pumps are decent, and some have the "Fleur" branded washrooms as well which are clean enough to consider use in case you have female company on the journey.

Also, Toll cost for me was INR 666 not including the Kharegaon toll (Not applicable to us) as well as the Mumbai 35 Rs Tolls (We stay in Thane)

Roads are fantastic. We left at 4.43 AM and reached our place near Dewas Naka at 2 PM on the dot. Odometer reading of 598.9 Kms. Stuck to a maximum speed of 90 on the dashboard, took halts for breakfast, kiddie breakfast, kiddie diaper change, fuel, and just for the view.

Just note that there are some bad patches in all the Ghats, so best to go slow.
latentpotential is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2016, 19:25   #20
BHPian

Default Mumbai - Indore road conditions

Hi,
I am planning a road trip from Mumbai to Indore during mid-August 2016. Do any of you know the current road conditions (after the heavy rains) and whether it is safe to drive? We will be having a senior citizen (in robust health) with us as well. Please advise.
Best,
Ram
ramraman is offline   Reply With Quote