Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 13th May 2010, 15:20   #16
BHPian

I was at Ooty less than a month back - climate is excellent. Coonoor is wonderful - there's not much to do but laze around. I was also equally worried about the "engaging the 3-yr old" problem - turned out to be a non-issue. Kid had loads of fun everywhere we went. Lots of boating. Botanical garden was fun for the kid - lot of running around. Now the flower-show is on as well I guess (it started right after I left Ooty) - overall pretty good trip for me.

I stayed at Hotel Lakeview. About 1700 bucks a night - not bad for the place and the food is not all that bad (per my understanding of Ooty standards - tried a bunch of places outside and always ended up saying "we should have eaten at the hotel").

I did the reverse - went to Ooty, there on went to Coimbatore and returned to Chennai from Coimbatore. The drive from CBE to Chennai is pretty good all the way - I came via NH7 and Krishnagiri/Vellore.

I do remember some friends telling me now that Ooty this month is over-crowded (far above normal) - you might want to double-check that.

Need to start planning for a Munnar trip sometime soon ;-)
ddis_dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2010, 18:34   #17
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Kids need only one thing to have loads of fun irrespective of destination. That's called - Your Attention. Let not the feeling of a holiday detract you from your primary responsibility of that of a parent. Then, even if you take your kid to an opera recital and they'd be well behaved!
MX6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2010, 18:48   #18
Team-BHP Support

There is one thing in Ooty that every kid would love. And so would the parents!
The Toy Train....
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2010, 20:48   #19
BHPian

@MX6 . I have seen it with my elder daughter. She craves for attention. Whenever she gets it, she is fine.

That is the reason that I want to rest, relax, spend time with my daughters and not worry about sight seeing, even though this would be my first visit to Munnar.
dwarakv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2010, 23:09   #20
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Nice to see a doting father in you dwarakv. I was literally blown away by the snaps of a resort in munnar posted by srikanthpotluri (I guess). That's what I feel you should be targetting!
MX6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2010, 11:43   #21
BANNED

There are places like SN Tourist home, Poopada Resorts etc that provide you a decent accommodation at a reasonable rates, don’t expect any brilliant views from these places. There are few homestays in Devikulam providing budget accomodation
gadadhar is offline   Reply With Quote