Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 6th September 2014, 15:55   #76
Team-BHP Support
Default Re: Delhi to Kanyakumari

Originally Posted by Pottermore View Post
Delhi KK, I think the best option is through Westen India. Better roads and better facilities.

See more details on Delhi-Bangalore:

If Delhi-Jaipur is bad you can try Delhi-Mathura by expressway and the Mathura-Bharatpur-Jaipur by pass - AMD.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2014, 23:06   #77

I can partially answer your query. Have driven on the kishangarh to Bangalore section of your route. Kishangarh - udaipur - Ahmedabad - baroda - Surat - Mumbai - kolhapur - belgaum - Bangalore is great. Delhi to kishangarh and Bangalore to kanyakumari I haven't driven till now. Watch out for monsoon updates. The roads are good throughout from kishangarh till Bangalore. Drive safe
Drivethru is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2014, 09:58   #78

Dear Pottermore,

The The NH-8 & NH-4 routes are the best. I have done Mum-Amd & Udaipur-Mumbai in Dec 2013 and Mumbai - Mysore & Bangalore-Mumbai in May/June this year.

The roads are in great shape, except for the monsoon damage. Some threads say that Pune - Satara stretch is bad.

Watch out for snarls at Bharuch (between Vadodara & Surat). Not sure if the 2 bridges across the river are operational. We got stuck for 1.5 hours last Dec while going from Mumbai to Ahmedabad. Driving at a sedate speed of 100 km/h, we covered the strech in 9 hrs, including stops and the 1.5 hr delay.

Also managed Bangalore - Pune (840 kms) in 14 hrs, and Pune - Mysore (877 kms) in 15 hrs. Not exceeding 110 km/h.

Have not been on the remaining part of your intended route.

Hope this helps
rpunwani is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote