Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 27th May 2014, 11:55   #31
Default Re: Suggestions required for a 4-day trip from Bangalore

@Scorpio - I would go with @Ampere. Its your anniversary.You dont want to end up driving and driving and driving. Short drives, more time indoors

Coorg is a very good option. Check out some of the homestays. Some are premium ones and they have amazing experience. I stayed in one place about 10 years back (dont remember the place). But all we did was eat and sleep and eat and sleep and laze around. The owners are also good and join you for evening dinners, drinks etc and regale you with heart stopping tales.

Other place is Masinagudi. There is a nice joint there , rated number 1 in Tripadvisor. Real good place to stay and experience wildlife. You can do a quick up and down journey to Ooty if you want. But then Ooty is crowded and not advisable

If you prefer long drives and both of you drive, head to Goa. The big properties offer amazing deals now since its hot and humid. But the experience is amazing. Am planning to do Goa in August

Happy anniversary
subraiyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2014, 12:03   #32
Senior - BHPian
Default Re: Suggestions required for a 4-day trip from Bangalore

Originally Posted by scorpion_blore View Post
Hi folks,

I and my wife are planning a 4-day trip to celebrate our anniversary this weekend. Please recommend some nice place around Bangalore where we can enjoy for four days.

I short-listed Coorg, Wayanad and Pondicherry. Pondicherry is extremely hot now and the forecast for the weekend says that it is going to be around 40 degree and there will be thunderstorms. Wayanad is expected to be around 35 degrees and lot of thunderstorms. Coorg is expected to be in the twenties, but thunderstorms are predicted.

Please suggest some place where temperature is relatively low with less chance of rain.
Why don't you plan to go to Valparai. This is not commercialized unlike ooty. I had been to this place around this time some time back. It will take you approx 6 hrs by car. If you stay in Pollachi, you can cover both Valparai and Top Slip
suresh_gs is offline   Reply With Quote