Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 16th June 2010, 19:05   #1
BHPian

Default Nagpur to Chikhaldara : Route Queries

Hi All,

I need some help in deciding best and economic way to reach Chikhaldara from Nagpur for a group of 6-8 people. I tried searching for state transport busses but couldnít get info.

Please suggest on travel options, stay options etc.

Thanks
IndianNomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2010, 19:39   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianNomad View Post
Hi All,

I need some help in deciding best and economic way to reach Chikhaldara from Nagpur for a group of 6-8 people. I tried searching for state transport busses but couldnít get info.

Please suggest on travel options, stay options etc.

Thanks
Train from Nagpur to Badnera Jn.

Badnera to Amravati is around 10kms.From there I would reccomend hiring a pvt vehicle.Plenty of trains,you could book on IRCTC.

If By road,its around 5 hours(approx 250kms),via Amravati.Hire a pvt vehicle from Nagpur or else depend on ST buses.You could check msrtconline.in for the timetable.

To stay Satpura Retreat,MTDC resort,there are a couple more(dont remember,you will get it if you google it)
ranjitp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2010, 20:22   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Train from Nagpur to Badnera Jn.

Badnera to Amravati is around 10kms.From there I would reccomend hiring a pvt vehicle.Plenty of trains,you could book on IRCTC.

If By road,its around 5 hours(approx 250kms),via Amravati.Hire a pvt vehicle from Nagpur or else depend on ST buses.You could check msrtconline.in for the timetable.

To stay Satpura Retreat,MTDC resort,there are a couple more(dont remember,you will get it if you google it)
Thank you Ranjit, I am unable to get information online about ST buses to Chikhaldara.
IndianNomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2010, 20:39   #4
BHPian

Hi,

If you are 6-8 people, then hiring a taxi from Nagpur is the best option.
You may hire Qualis / Sumo.
Stay : MTDC would be a good option, though you can explore for more.

I would not suggest you to go by bus or train; since it might take longer time to commute.

Please note : Fare of State Transport (ST) from NGP - AMRVTI is Rs. 100 +
And AMRVATI - CHKHLDRA would be approx Rs.50 and for local travel (sightseeing), you would spend around Rs. 100 per person (Minimum for taxi).

So, your total cost (For 8 persons) : Rs. 3200.

If you hire a taxi (Sumo) & assume Per Km rate of Rs. 7.5; your total cost including driver bata would be around Rs. 4000.

So, you can decide !
neo45007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2015, 16:50   #5
BHPian

Default Pune to Chikhaldara route query

Hi guys,

I am planning a road trip from Pune to Chikhaldara on 25th Dec. There are 2 to 3 routes and I want to know which one I should take. The road condition should be good for the route.
If anyone has done this trip, please share the information about route and chikhaldara. I got the accommodation at Shannor and kolkaz tourist complex. Thanks in advance.

Thanks...
findviru is online now   Reply With Quote