Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 28th July 2014, 13:04   #31
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 39
Thanked: 13 Times
Default Re: Worst Experience/nightmare - carzonrent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajaypjayaraj View Post
Do these people understand the term "service", "customer satisfaction", etc.? How do they remain in business in today's date without knowing such things is what I fail to understand.
They remain in business because customers like me ( I should admit...) do not go to consumer court for whatsoever reason - I am even ashamed to say so, but I do not have the time nor the patience to win this in court, leave alone the muscle and might that might probably come into picture.
KPGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2014, 13:06   #32
BHPian
 
aerohit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: India
Posts: 798
Thanked: 460 Times
Default Re: Worst Experience/nightmare - carzonrent

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazmaan View Post
Sorry to hear your ordeal. Such experience make me firmly believe bad work ethics of Indian company. And we as Indians should not expect high level of service from Indian companies (Even foreign Indian companies). Its a sorry state of affair. Only if we take time to file a complaint in consumer court and win it to make the company pay.

This is same reason I dont trust radio cabs for airport and train pick ups in Mumbai. I walk to the road hail a cab and off I go.
By your logic, I should not expect good service from your business, or, from you as an individual either.
aerohit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2014, 13:19   #33
BHPian
 
tazmaan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 575
Thanked: 603 Times
Default Re: Worst Experience/nightmare - carzonrent

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohit View Post
By your logic, I should not expect good service from your business, or, from you as an individual either.
I know its a bitter pill to swallow. But without contacts and reference it is indeed dangerous to do business here lately. Complaining to BMC/Police/Electric companies/Internet companies/Auto rikshaw complaints etc etc day to day needs whom do you complain and how often does it work on time and without reference. Only option left is bear the brunt lower your head and walk.

As long as things go smooth you feel all is well but one wrong turn and you have no option but to bear it!

Further I have every right to present an opinion and since you have personally asked about my service well you are welcome to experience it. I really want to hear from you how you will be able to claim damages in this case and in how much time? I would love to be proven wrong.

@ the -mechanic I agree with you not all are corrupt but as you said most are. A market is defined by its majority. Especially after staying abroad for long period I had this thinking of getting things right and ended up in police station to make several complains, and guess what none worked unless I used money or pull. Being in business I am still recovering rightful money from clients for over a decade! and the money spent on recovery is more than money outstanding.

Last edited by tazmaan : 28th July 2014 at 13:26.
tazmaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2014, 13:38   #34
BHPian
 
roy_libran's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Ghaziabad
Posts: 966
Thanked: 648 Times
Default Re: Worst Experience/nightmare - carzonrent

Horrible experience!

Get in touch with a Lawyer and serve them with a legal notice, asking for a full refund and compensation for the delays, non-performance of contracted service and harassment.
Once, the stipulated waiting period passes (without response), send a follow-up notice, and then, take them to the consumer court.
Moreover, save your call logs and write the conversation transcripts in detail, before you forget. They will all add up as evidence.
Basically - Screw them now!

Now, thanks to this post, they PERMANENTLY lose my business out here in Delhi, and I'm sure that's gonna cost them a lot more than what they cheated you out of! Cheers.
roy_libran is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2014, 15:29   #35
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: DL9C
Posts: 2,171
Thanked: 1,670 Times
Default Re: Worst Experience/nightmare - carzonrent

Sad to read about your ordeal KPGB. I do believe a local rental agency would have been much more dependable.

Do drop them a note detailing all the issue you faced and include a link to this thread. Mention how this event has tarnished their name and also the chances of getting business from fellow members.
Dry Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2014, 19:22   #36
BHPian
 
the-mechanic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Secunderabad
Posts: 43
Thanked: 38 Times
Default Re: Worst Experience/nightmare - carzonrent

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPGB View Post
do not go to consumer court for whatsoever reason - I am even ashamed to say so, but I do not have the time nor the patience to win this in court, leave alone the muscle and might that might probably come into picture.
I have complained twice to the consumer forum. Once through www.akosha.com. Usually those people call up and get the refund done without any hassle. All it took me was one email to Akosha and the erring party called me thrice within the next day and refunded me the money the day after. I am not talking about taking it till court. You can always try just sending a complaint and see if something works out without dragging the matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazmaan View Post
@ the -mechanic I agree with you not all are corrupt but as you said most are. A market is defined by its majority. Especially after staying abroad for long period I had this thinking of getting things right and ended up in police station to make several complains, and guess what none worked unless I used money or pull. Being in business I am still recovering rightful money from clients for over a decade! and the money spent on recovery is more than money outstanding.
The police is literally useless in India. I have never in my life been genuinely helped by the police in atleast a dozen of times that I have approached them. But is bending our heads the only option we have?

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy_libran View Post
Horrible experience!

Get in touch with a Lawyer and serve them with a legal notice, asking for a full refund and compensation for the delays, non-performance of contracted service and harassment.
I guess he needs a refund of a couple of thousand bucks. How much will the lawyer charge for serving notices and dragging this in Indian courts where I am pretty sure he will receive the refund not before 10-20 hearings which will ultimately drain you because the worst part of fighting a case in consumer court is you have to be there at a certain time and then wait for hours for your hearing. And no you cannot go somewhere and come back in sometime. You can be called anytime.
the-mechanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2015, 14:58   #37
BHPian
 
bhappyharsha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 57
Thanked: 10 Times
Default Re: The "Renting a Tourist Taxi" Thread

Hi all,

I am going to Ooty and have a flight till Coimbatore. Need to book a taxi from airport to Ooty. Can some suggest a contact? Also, what could be the cost? Online search gives me about 1800 for indica (drop only). I think it is costly but not very sure!

Regards,
Sri Harsha.
bhappyharsha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2015, 15:15   #38
BHPian
 
chakri400's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 176
Thanked: 96 Times
Default Re: The "Renting a Tourist Taxi" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhappyharsha View Post
Hi all,

I am going to Ooty and have a flight till Coimbatore. Need to book a taxi from airport to Ooty. Can some suggest a contact? Also, what could be the cost? Online search gives me about 1800 for indica (drop only). I think it is costly but not very sure!

Regards,
Sri Harsha.
I know of a local travel agent, got this contact from my colleague a few years back. From then on, I booked an innova from him and been to rameshwaram-kanyakumari, hyderabad, tirupati etc. I ask for a driver who can stay below 100 kmph and ask for a clean car. I have never had any reason to complain. I will PM his number to you.
chakri400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2015, 02:09   #39
BHPian
 
rajushank84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: California, USA
Posts: 856
Thanked: 324 Times
Default Need suggestion on car vs van vs MUV

Hi, how's everyone? Its been a while since I posted. I will be in India in December, and we are planning to drive to Ooty from Chennai.

So here's the thing - we don't have our own car, so we will be renting a vehicle + driver for the entire trip. We will be 5 people + driver (6 total) from Chennai to Oozy and back.

But inside Ooty, we will be there for three days doing trips to Coonoor, Kotagiri, Pykara etc for three days and we will have two more people join us (totally 8 people).

I am trying to figure out if an Innova is good enough for this need. All of us are sort of plus sized, so I am wondering if three of us will fit into the third row of an Innova.

Should we get a van instead? Is there any in-between vehicle (something comparable to Odyssey or Dodge Caravan) which can seat eight people comfortably, or should I just spring for a Tempo Traveller?
rajushank84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2015, 03:30   #40
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: electricity
Posts: 2,291
Thanked: 1,362 Times
Default Re: Need suggestion on car vs van vs MUV

Quote:
I am trying to figure out if an Innova is good enough for this need. All of us are sort of plus sized, so I am wondering if three of us will fit into the third row of an Innova.
Impossible. Its probably kids only seat. But Innova is the most comfortable of all for touring. 5 of you will be fine. The additional two is going to get tough.

If you have kids you can squeeze them to the last seat and manage the rest 4 in the car but its uncomfortable even in Tavera.

Unless you want to be having a tough commute for a leisure vacation, i would recommend two comfortable cars to roam inside Ooty while use 1 innova to get to Ooty.
VW2010 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2015, 03:54   #41
BHPian
 
rajushank84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: California, USA
Posts: 856
Thanked: 324 Times
Default Re: Need suggestion on car vs van vs MUV

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
Impossible. Its probably kids only seat. But Innova is the most comfortable of all for touring. 5 of you will be fine. The additional two is going to get tough.

If you have kids you can squeeze them to the last seat and manage the rest 4 in the car but its uncomfortable even in Tavera.

Unless you want to be having a tough commute for a leisure vacation, i would recommend two comfortable cars to roam inside Ooty while use 1 innova to get to Ooty.
No kids :(. What do you think of the option of getting something like a Mahindra Van instead of Innova for the whole trip?

Last edited by rajushank84 : 9th December 2015 at 03:57.
rajushank84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2015, 04:10   #42
BHPian
 
ToyotaFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Meerut
Posts: 313
Thanked: 155 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajushank84 View Post
No kids :(. What do you think of the option of getting something like a Mahindra Van instead of Innova for the whole trip?
I think you have 2 options. Either take a self drive Innova or XUV or Fortuner. This way you won't have to use the 3rd row and you can use the first 2 rows. Else if u get innova you can get 1 or 2 adults to seat in the third row. I can't fathom why would there b 3 people in the 3rd row if you will be 6 in total? There's no mahindra Jeep. A good option for you would be Tata Winger. It can easily seat more than 6 and has compact enough dimensions to navigate on the narrow hill roads. A tempo traveller would be an overkill for your purpose. Hope this helps.
ToyotaFan is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2015, 04:36   #43
BHPian
 
rajushank84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: California, USA
Posts: 856
Thanked: 324 Times
Default Re: Need suggestion on car vs van vs MUV

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyotaFan View Post
I think you have 2 options. Either take a self drive Innova or XUV or Fortuner. This way you won't have to use the 3rd row and you can use the first 2 rows. Else if u get innova you can get 1 or 2 adults to seat in the third row. I can't fathom why would there b 3 people in the 3rd row if you will be 6 in total? There's no mahindra Jeep. A good option for you would be Tata Winger. It can easily seat more than 6 and has compact enough dimensions to navigate on the narrow hill roads. A tempo traveller would be an overkill for your purpose. Hope this helps.
Thanks, that Tata Winger is exactly what I was looking for! Will try to get one of these. Yes I was thinking Tempo Traveller will be overkill, it will be difficult to move around inside Ooty with that. I will look into Tata Winger.

By the way in my OP I mentioned 8 people, not six. Also, I asked about Mahindra Van, not jeep .
rajushank84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2015, 18:11   #44
BHPian
 
ToyotaFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Meerut
Posts: 313
Thanked: 155 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajushank84 View Post
Thanks, that Tata Winger is exactly what I was looking for! Will try to get one of these. Yes I was thinking Tempo Traveller will be overkill, it will be difficult to move around inside Ooty with that. I will look into Tata Winger.

By the way in my OP I mentioned 8 people, not six. Also, I asked about Mahindra Van, not jeep .
I am.sorry. I missed that part where you said 2 people will be joining you. I don't think there is any mahindra van to serve your purpose. Tata winger or the tempo traveller. Best of luck for your trip. Hope you enjoy it.
ToyotaFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2016, 15:22   #45
BHPian
 
sai_ace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: CBE-BLR
Posts: 263
Thanked: 144 Times
Default Re: The "Renting a Tourist Taxi" Thread

Hi everyone,

Looking for a cab for my weekend trip to Jog.

my itinerary is
shimoga - Saturday 7 am - proceed to jog and other places nearby and then leave shimoga on monday 7 am. Overall distance covered would be around 300 kms.

The quotes I am getting is for non ac indica rs 7/km , minimum 250 kms/day and driver beta at 300 /day and extra for early morning.

(250*2*7)+(300*4) = 4700 and one person quoted rs 4400. Is this a good price? I feel it is expensive. Anybody got any leads for rentals in Shimoga?

thanks!
sai_ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
"Cayenne" we "XC-eed" in our "Endeavour" to "Safari"? Taking powerful metal off-road SS-Traveller 4x4 Excursions 55 10th November 2016 22:56
Renting a 4x4 in delhi or manali ronaldfurtado 4x4 Vehicles 24 16th November 2012 17:26
Renting out a Car Parking Spot nirmalts Shifting gears 40 4th July 2012 11:19
Renting a Car In USA FlyingSpur Route / Travel Queries 13 19th January 2011 13:53


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 01:26.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks