Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 27th December 2016, 14:44   #46
Senior - BHPian

Default Cab Operators/Drivers:Contact Details

I am not sure if there already exists such a thread,if it does,mods-could you please merge-TIA!If it does not exist,then could everyone please use this thread to provide references of trusted-used & tried cab/taxi companies/drivers numbers and whereabouts.For starters,I am looking for a trusted cab person who could pick up an aged couple from Bangalore,drive to Chikmagalur,stay there for 3 nights and drive back to Bangalore.Any leads would be greatly appreciated.Thanks!
ranjitp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2016, 12:15   #47
Senior - BHPian

Default Bangalore & Goa Cab Details

This thread has the details of a trusted cab person at Goa.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post4117330 (The "Airport Transfer" Thread)

At Bangalore the below reference is valid:

08892002004 Mr Mahesh from Deccan Express
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2016, 11:59   #48
Senior - BHPian

Default Chennai Cab

Shiva : 9962393083 Etios
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2017, 08:34   #49
Senior - BHPian

Exclamation Online tourist cab rental aggregator hippocabs allegedly cheats customer

Doesn't pay the cab owner so the driver strands the passengers 20 km from their destination

https://www.facebook.com/jay.jesrani...55447431847112

Quote:
We booked a Innova to travel for 4days 3 nights from Chandigarh to Mandi(in Himachal Pradesh) from 31st May to 3rd June. The booking was done on @hippocabs (www.hippocabs.com) . We made full payment for the cab online via our credit card and received payment confirmation on mail and SMS. The booking process and confirmation was good and received the car confirmation and driver name prior to our arrival in Chandigarh. This was the only good part of booking the tourist vehicle online.

On arrival the driver was late at the airport and had to wait for 30 mins to come.

On our way to Mandi as we crossed 99kms of the total 250kms and the driver said car AC has to be switched off when we climb the hills. Also AC will not be switched on till we land back in Chandigarh !!!! This was not told to us... in fact we were charged 1/- extra per KM for driving in the hills. This information of AC will not be on in the hills was not given while booking the cab and speaking to the customer agent of hippo.

On our way to Mandi, driver was talking to his friends and boss while driving. We asked him to stop talking while driving.

After reaching Mandi the driver had lacklustre attitude towards the guests and driving around. He said wanted to quit the job and hence he was frustrated. In the total booking there was driver allowance of Rs. 250/- per day but we got him a room to sleep and food at home daily. There was not much of work for him in Mandi.

The return journey we started at 1:30pm from Mandi to Chandigarh. On the way we were asked how we would pay the balance amount by cash or paytm? We told the driver the payment was made 100% and there was no balance to be paid as we were under the total allotted 1000/kms.

On reaching 50kms before our destination, we were asked to make payment of balance amount as hippo cabs had not transferred funds to the car vendor(car owner). We made multiple concall's between hippocabs and the car vendor to clear the confusion. Hippo cabs told us no balance has to be paid by us. But would not transfer funds to the car vendor.

The driver and vendor stopped the car 20kms away from our destination and refused to drive further till he got the money either from us or hippo. Again we did multiple rounds of phone call with hippo customer service and after 2 hours hippo cabs transferred the funds to the vendor.

I had offered to stay with the car vendor till the funds were transferred , while my wife and 3 year daughter could take a taxi with the luggage and go home . But the car vendor did not allow to take the luggage . Our luggage was confesticated till the vendor got his dues from hippo cabs. All this happened between 7pm to 9pm and we were stranded on the roads of Chandigarh .

We were at ransom from the car vendor and no customer service attitude from hippo cabs.

There was no help from Hippo Cabs but more of a harrassment. It was complete case of disservice and strongly recommend not to use Hippo Cabs.
hserus is online now   (10) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2017, 09:00   #50
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Online tourist cab rental aggregator hippocabs allegedly cheats customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Doesn't pay the cab owner so the driver strands the passengers 20 km from their destination
Looks like they got a stereotype goonda driver, no matter what they'll only look to extort and take advantage.. specially to those who're nice to them. The customer has written a much too polite review, if I were them I'd have taken this as a police case (from the driver/owner end for extortion, threats and criminal intimidation) and in the legal end with the "aggregator" hippocabs, what next rhinocabs?

I've always, always had a problem with the aggregation model, there is mostly no verification done by these so called "aggregators", they just put together an app at the quickest time possible which connects its poor, unsuspecting patrons to a fully prepared dri.. er daku. The "employees" of such aggregators know fully well that without them the company has no revenue and the company knows that without them the customers lose the so called convenience. About time that it rains civil cases upon such companies, writing in FB and other review sites are useless as it'll get covered up by 500 other positive reviews and some even sponsored.

As for the driver, if he wanted to quit he was most welcome to do so.. its simply not ethical to display such childish arrogance when he's on duty, its my hope that he never touches a steering wheel again. Horrible incident, a customers worst nightmare come true.
dark.knight is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2017, 09:06   #51
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Online tourist cab rental aggregator hippocabs allegedly cheats customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark.knight View Post
As for the driver, if he wanted to quit he was most welcome to do so.. its simply not ethical to display such childish arrogance when he's on duty, its my hope that he never touches a steering wheel again. Horrible incident, a customers worst nightmare come true.
Some of my elders hate that I drive long distances and ask me to "take a driver or rent a cab like everybody else in the world does"

I look at such incidents and thank god I'm naturally disobedient in such matters and also thank god for Myles and other self drive startups.
hserus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2017, 12:47   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

https://www.facebook.com/jay.jesrani...55447431847112
Just horrible!

It is always better to book an outstation trip with your neighborhood operator, far less chances of running into such goons. And in a new place, it is better to book through the hotel's travel desk, making them fully aware, why you are booking from them and what is your expectation. Also pays to meet the owner/driver maybe a day prior to the trip. I know, it sounds a lot of work, but goes a long way to ensure such incidents are minimized.
Dry Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2017, 16:22   #53
BHPian

How reliable is 'Savaari'? One of my colleagues have to travel to Coorg from Bangalore. She will be going with her 1 year old daughter and her husband with the in-laws.

Want to know if they are reliable in providing transportation while also being worth the money. Looking at an Innova for 16K for 3 days.

Please let me know if there are other options as well.
SchumiFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2017, 16:27   #54
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: The "Renting a Tourist Taxi" Thread

As you have kids and elderly people in the party, carzonrent.com / avis.co.in are your best bet - expensive as they do a lot of corporate rentals as well. But you are assured of polite and professional drivers, and new vehicles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchumiFan View Post
How reliable is 'Savaari'? One of my colleagues have to travel to Coorg from Bangalore. She will be going with her 1 year old daughter and her husband with the in-laws.

Want to know if they are reliable in providing transportation while also being worth the money. Looking at an Innova for 16K for 3 days.

Please let me know if there are other options as well.
hserus is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2017, 11:12   #55
BHPian

Quote:
As you have kids and elderly people in the party, carzonrent.com / avis.co.in are your best bet - expensive as they do a lot of corporate rentals as well. But you are assured of polite and professional drivers, and new vehicles.
Thank you for the suggestions🙂 Carzonrent seems the better option. It is cheaper. Avis seems to offer discounts on the next immediate class, but still higher than the former service provider.

I have used Carzonrent for my local travels in Chennai and have found them reliable. Have suggested it to my colleague as well.

Will have to wait to see what they choose.
SchumiFan is offline   Reply With Quote