Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2015, 16:55   #286
Team-BHP Support
 
ampere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 14,769
Thanked: 7,436 Times
Default Re: On Bypassing Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by kippu View Post
is this route all okay ?

Going on the drive tomorrow hyderabad to coimbatore and just checking up if it is all okay
This is a very good option. And I hope you drive during day time. At night even though its fine, there is fair chance you may lose your way. But during day time it is easy.

Last edited by ampere : 24th August 2015 at 22:09.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2015, 22:04   #287
Senior - BHPian
 
ranjitp1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 3,416
Thanked: 1,536 Times
Default Re: On Bypassing Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by kippu View Post
is this route all okay ?

Going on the drive tomorrow hyderabad to coimbatore and just checking up if it is all okay
All okay.recently did the route,but like Ampere mentioned,dont do it in the night,because you would lose your way!
ranjitp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2015, 19:03   #288
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Cyberabad / hyderabad
Posts: 117
Thanked: 39 Times
Default Re: On Bypassing Bangalore

thanks , I have already done the trip
hyderabad to coimbatore 13 hours.

the bypassing bangalore part was the most cumbersome part of the drive.
kippu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2015, 19:20   #289
Team-BHP Support
 
ampere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 14,769
Thanked: 7,436 Times
Default Re: On Bypassing Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by kippu View Post
thanks , I have already done the trip
hyderabad to coimbatore 13 hours.

the bypassing bangalore part was the most cumbersome part of the drive.
What route did you take? As per me Devanahalli-Hoskote-Malur-Hosur is quite easy to do. In case you asked locals, I am very sure, they may have diverted you through other routes. Please let us know about your comments.
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2015, 20:50   #290
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Cyberabad / hyderabad
Posts: 117
Thanked: 39 Times
Default Re: On Bypassing Bangalore

No I meant cumbersome as in the state of the roads, the route itself was not that hard to locate .
kippu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2015, 23:23   #291
Team-BHP Support
 
ampere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 14,769
Thanked: 7,436 Times
Default Re: On Bypassing Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by kippu View Post
No I meant cumbersome as in the state of the roads, the route itself was not that hard to locate .
That is surprising!

- Devanahalli-Hoskote : NH207 is very good.
- Malur-Baglur-Hosur is also good.
- Hoskote Malur is also decent. (As per what I know)

So am curios to know which section did you find cumbersome? You should have taken about 1.5 to 2 hours for the 90km from Devanahalli to Hosur. Through the city it can take much higher, if you get stuck in traffic.
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2015, 23:48   #292
BHPian
 
smrtdvl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Coimbatore
Posts: 220
Thanked: 60 Times
Default

I'll be driving from Hosur to B'lore airport next month end. Can I take the above route there by bypassing B'lore city or since I'll be driving on a sunday is it fine to pass through the city?
smrtdvl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2015, 07:02   #293
Team-BHP Support
 
ampere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 14,769
Thanked: 7,436 Times
Default Re: On Bypassing Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by smrtdvl View Post
I'll be driving from Hosur to B'lore airport next month end. Can I take the above route there by bypassing B'lore city or since I'll be driving on a sunday is it fine to pass through the city?
I think traffic on Sunday is much lesser and you may just go through the city itself. If its a Sat, by all means, the bypass will help.
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2015, 07:03   #294
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian
 
NPV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Namma Bengaluru
Posts: 4,052
Thanked: 3,340 Times
Default Re: On Bypassing Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by smrtdvl View Post
I'll be driving from Hosur to B'lore airport next month end. Can I take the above route there by bypassing B'lore city or since I'll be driving on a sunday is it fine to pass through the city?
Bangalore city traffic on Sunday though lower than other days also depends on the time
You can take the NH207 route from Bagalur in Hosur all the way to Hoskote where it merges with Old Madras Road and then continue onto other side of NH207 so that you can go towards Devanahalli where you merge with NH7. Turn left and 1-2Km later you will see the toll booth which you can take to get inside the Bangalore airport.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2015, 07:24   #295
Senior - BHPian
 
suresh_gs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: KA-01 / TN-22
Posts: 1,713
Thanked: 960 Times
Default Re: On Bypassing Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by smrtdvl View Post
I'll be driving from Hosur to B'lore airport next month end. Can I take the above route there by bypassing B'lore city or since I'll be driving on a sunday is it fine to pass through the city?
The better route would be to go Via Attiebele, Sarjapur, go via SH 35 all the way till you meet the Old Madras Road. Then go via NH207 all the way till Devanahalli before meeting the Bangalore-Hyderabad NH. This leads to the airport.
suresh_gs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2015, 09:18   #296
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian
 
NPV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Namma Bengaluru
Posts: 4,052
Thanked: 3,340 Times
Default Re: On Bypassing Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by suresh_gs View Post
The better route would be to go Via Attiebele, Sarjapur, go via SH 35 all the way till you meet the Old Madras Road. Then go via NH207 all the way till Devanahalli before meeting the Bangalore-Hyderabad NH. This leads to the airport.
If taking this route, it will be easier to go via the Mandur route from Budigere cross instead of NH207 which is near Hoskote (and pay a toll too!).
After Sai Baba ashram flyover, when SH35 merges with Old Madras Road, turn left (for NH207, you need to turn right) and about 1Km later from service lane go below the flyover to get onto Budigere Road. Go via Mandur and reach Devanahalli. Near Devanahalli, NH207 and this road merge and then you can reach NH7 where you go past the toll into the airport.
Also, SH35 from Varthur-Old Airport Road junction to Hope Farm is not in great condition.

Last edited by NPV : 27th August 2015 at 09:19.
NPV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2015, 09:24   #297
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Belur/Bangalore
Posts: 3,442
Thanked: 7,747 Times
Default

On a Sunday, I would still pick BETL-Silkboard-ORR-KIAL option for Airport.

Traffic is way better and free flowing on a Sunday (Barring 6pm-10pm) all through ORR including Tin Factory.

Now that one my close family members shifted to Kudlu Gate and my parents visit there often on Sundays, I ask them to take OLA/Uber via ORR and not through the city despite of those 10 extra kms only because traffic is less.

Bangalore Traffic on weekend sees no pattern as folks taking a bus/cab to work on weekdays take their cars out to buy Shampoo Sachets at a mall.

Last edited by paragsachania : 27th August 2015 at 09:25.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2015, 09:35   #298
Senior - BHPian
 
suresh_gs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: KA-01 / TN-22
Posts: 1,713
Thanked: 960 Times
Default Re: On Bypassing Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
On a Sunday, I would still pick BETL-Silkboard-ORR-KIAL option for Airport.

Traffic is way better and free flowing on a Sunday (Barring 6pm-10pm) all through ORR including Tin Factory.

Now that one my close family members shifted to Kudlu Gate and my parents visit there often on Sundays, I ask them to take OLA/Uber via ORR and not through the city despite of those 10 extra kms only because traffic is less.

Bangalore Traffic on weekend sees no pattern as folks taking a bus/cab to work on weekdays take their cars out to buy Shampoo Sachets at a mall.
On Aug 19th, I drove to Club Cabana as a part of offsite meeting. I left my home in Bommanahalli by 7 20 AM and went via Adugodi, Cricket Stadium, Raj Bhavan , Golf course road and mekhri circle. I reached the venue by 8 20 AM.
In short I would say, if one leaves his home before 7 AM, he/she can still reach the airport by going via city rather than the ORR.
suresh_gs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2015, 15:44   #299
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Belur/Bangalore
Posts: 3,442
Thanked: 7,747 Times
Default Re: On Bypassing Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by suresh_gs View Post
On Aug 19th, I drove to Club Cabana as a part of offsite meeting. I left my home in Bommanahalli by 7 20 AM and went via Adugodi, Cricket Stadium, Raj Bhavan , Golf course road and mekhri circle. I reached the venue by 8 20 AM.
In short I would say, if one leaves his home before 7 AM, he/she can still reach the airport by going via city rather than the ORR.
This is easily because you are driving in the opposite direction. During the same time, try driving towards the city and you will notice that the traffic flowing out is free of jams anyway. This is the case right from 8AM-11AM.

Minsk Square - GPO - Chalukya - Highgrounds - Mekhri Circle - Hebbal is a cakewalk on a weekday (even weekend) only because not many travel that direction.

Same during evenings between 5:30 all the way till 9pm is mayhem!
paragsachania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2015, 19:24   #300
Senior - BHPian
 
suresh_gs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: KA-01 / TN-22
Posts: 1,713
Thanked: 960 Times
Default Re: On Bypassing Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
This is easily because you are driving in the opposite direction. During the same time, try driving towards the city and you will notice that the traffic flowing out is free of jams anyway. This is the case right from 8AM-11AM.

Minsk Square - GPO - Chalukya - Highgrounds - Mekhri Circle - Hebbal is a cakewalk on a weekday (even weekend) only because not many travel that direction.

Same during evenings between 5:30 all the way till 9pm is mayhem!
I agree with you. In my case for the onward journey from home to Club cabana, it took me exactly 1 hr. For the return journey, I left the venue at 5 PM and reached home by 7 PM. Horrible traffic near Hebbal flyover, Adugodi and Silk Board.
suresh_gs is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bypassing Pune on Bangalore-Shirdi route Rajiv-Bang Route / Travel Queries 39 13th June 2016 19:56
Salem to Hyderabad bypassing Bangalore vartakavi Route / Travel Queries 1 2nd February 2010 06:51
Bypassing Bangalore Minardi Route / Travel Queries 5 18th April 2008 20:13
Tips for Central Locking Systems and Bypassing mithun Technical Stuff 1 30th March 2006 11:37


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 08:06.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks