Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 12th February 2016, 12:39   #91
BHPian

Default Re: Inside Chennai city : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post
I am not aware of shuttle bus service (others may correct me), but there are lots of 70 series buses towards Tambaram/Guduvanchery available which you can take to reach airport.

-Ravi
Thanks. I will pass on the info to my friend. Do these buses run through the night? If not, what is the usual taxi or auto charges for CMBT to airport?
BenjiRoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2016, 12:50   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiRoss View Post
This is a quick query on getting from Koyambedu Bus Stand to the airport. is there a shuttle bus that does frequent trips?
You can also take the metro from Koyambedu to Alandur and take a bus (That is going to Tambaram, from the bus stop below the metro station that goes to the Airport.
sreedotk is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2016, 12:52   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. I will pass on the info to my friend. Do these buses run through the night? If not, what is the usual taxi or auto charges for CMBT to airport?
Usually buses are available till 10.30 or 11 pm after which frequency reduces till midnight.
Won't suggest to take Auto in late nights. Better to book Ola or call taxi and pay as per meter, if buses are unavailable due to odd hours.

-Ravi
ravib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2016, 13:11   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This is a quick query on getting from Koyambedu Bus Stand to the airport. is there a shuttle bus that does frequent trips?
If it is in the day and probably till about 11pm, 70 series (there are many) and IIRC 114 too does Airport to Koyambedu. Other option is take any bus till Alandur and take the metro from there.

But outside 430am-11pm MTC bus frequency is very minimal or almost nil.

If the friend has luggage (anything more than one hand luggage) he is better off taking the app taxis, which workout cheaper than the airport taxis by a mile. Autos are a strict no-no, app taxis work out cheaper than autos even for short distances (3 km ish).

EDIT: Is your friend taking a bus from CMBT (already booked?) getting down from airport?

Last edited by narayans80 : 12th February 2016 at 13:13.
narayans80 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2016, 13:13   #95
BHPian

dup post - please delete!

Last edited by BenjiRoss : 12th February 2016 at 13:17.
Old 12th February 2016, 13:16   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post

EDIT: Is your friend taking a bus from CMBT (already booked?) getting down from airport?
Nope. He is reaching the bus stand and then needs to make his way to the airport.
Thanks for the suggestions! He may end up using the cab option. Is there any prepaid or fast track counter in the bus stand?