Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2010, 14:50   #16
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: BANG-A-LURE.
Posts: 1,111
Thanked: 3,462 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeTorque View Post
Thanks again, SILVERWOOD (Thats why i love this forum). But i plan to halt at Hospet as i am travelling with family and trying to avoid driving beyond 9-10PM. Any pointers for accomodation at Hospet?
www.malligihotels.com

Hotel Malligi
J.N Road, Hospet.
08394 228101

This is the best hotel in Hospet.Have stayed here couple of times.

Last edited by SILVERWOOD : 29th June 2010 at 14:52. Reason: Comments
SILVERWOOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2010, 15:03   #17
Team-BHP Support
 
ampere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 15,583
Thanked: 8,553 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
www.malligihotels.com

Hotel Malligi
J.N Road, Hospet.
08394 228101

This is the best hotel in Hospet.Have stayed here couple of times.
Hospet should have good hotels, as most people prefer to stay while visiting Hampi. That reminds, dont you want to visit Hampi?
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2010, 15:45   #18
BHPian
 
ExtremeTorque's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 379
Thanked: 19 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Hospet should have good hotels, as most people prefer to stay while visiting Hampi. That reminds, dont you want to visit Hampi?
Well, i do have Hampi in the crosshairs but I plan to visit it while coming back (it would be night while going, you know).
Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
www.malligihotels.com

Hotel Malligi
J.N Road, Hospet.
08394 228101

This is the best hotel in Hospet.Have stayed here couple of times.
malligi is the best hotel around. I just placed a call to these guys but i need to take 2 rooms for 4 adults (no extraa bed allowed saaar). I booked Hotel Priyadarshini on Station Road (Ph: 08394-228838/39) as this seems to be a decent hotel for the 6hrs sleep. They quoted 1400 for an A/C room with extra bed against 3000+8% taxes at Mallige. Also, Tripadviser reviews are not bad about priyadarshini. what say?
BTW, any idea about the rains and the condition of Jog falls (water flow)?

Last edited by ExtremeTorque : 29th June 2010 at 15:55. Reason: addtional queries
ExtremeTorque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2010, 16:50   #19
Senior - BHPian
 
vnabhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: DC -> DC
Posts: 5,264
Thanked: 1,233 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeTorque View Post
Well, i do have Hampi in the crosshairs but I plan to visit it while coming back (it would be night while going, you know).

malligi is the best hotel around. I just placed a call to these guys but i need to take 2 rooms for 4 adults (no extraa bed allowed saaar). I booked Hotel Priyadarshini on Station Road (Ph: 08394-228838/39) as this seems to be a decent hotel for the 6hrs sleep. They quoted 1400 for an A/C room with extra bed against 3000+8% taxes at Mallige. Also, Tripadviser reviews are not bad about priyadarshini. what say?
BTW, any idea about the rains and the condition of Jog falls (water flow)?
Malligi also has cheaper AC rooms--but they try to sell you the costly ones first.
We paid Rs 3336 for 2 AC rooms, which also included an extra bed last September. We got the rooms on the spot.

I strongly recommend Malligi as it has decent and secure parking.
vnabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2010, 10:32   #20
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: BANG-A-LURE.
Posts: 1,111
Thanked: 3,462 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeTorque View Post
Well, i do have Hampi in the crosshairs but I plan to visit it while coming back (it would be night while going, you know).

malligi is the best hotel around. I just placed a call to these guys but i need to take 2 rooms for 4 adults (no extraa bed allowed saaar). I booked Hotel Priyadarshini on Station Road (Ph: 08394-228838/39) as this seems to be a decent hotel for the 6hrs sleep. They quoted 1400 for an A/C room with extra bed against 3000+8% taxes at Mallige. Also, Tripadviser reviews are not bad about priyadarshini. what say?
BTW, any idea about the rains and the condition of Jog falls (water flow)?
Priyadarshini is also a decent hotel for an overnite stay.

As of now the monsoon has not done its magic, so the falls are not in their full splendor.You may get lucky over the weekend if it rains.


Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Malligi also has cheaper AC rooms--but they try to sell you the costly ones first.
We paid Rs 3336 for 2 AC rooms, which also included an extra bed last September. We got the rooms on the spot.

I strongly recommend Malligi as it has decent and secure parking.
I agree,they try to sell the costly ones first.

Bewt:July-August is the season for foreign tourists (european) as this hotel caters mostly to them.
SILVERWOOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2010, 13:41   #21
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: BANG-A-LURE.
Posts: 1,111
Thanked: 3,462 Times
Default

Update;

Spoke to my friend who hails from shimoga.

He said the waterfall is average as of now and the best to visit is after july 20th.

Last edited by SILVERWOOD : 30th June 2010 at 13:52. Reason: Comments
SILVERWOOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2010, 14:03   #22
BHPian
 
ExtremeTorque's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 379
Thanked: 19 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
Update;

Spoke to my friend who hails from shimoga.

He said the waterfall is average as of now and the best to visit is after july 20th.
Now that might be a dampner :-( But will have to go nevertheless (July-Aug) is gonna be packed for both me and wifey). Thanks again, silverwood.

Thanks for the info @vnabhi.

Last edited by ExtremeTorque : 30th June 2010 at 14:05.
ExtremeTorque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2010, 14:12   #23
Team-BHP Support
 
ampere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 15,583
Thanked: 8,553 Times
Default

You might still want to try the Linganamakki dam.

Linganamakki dam - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2010, 14:38   #24
BHPian
 
ExtremeTorque's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 379
Thanked: 19 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
You might still want to try the Linganamakki dam.

Linganamakki dam - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This sounds good. I will try and cover this as well as i am planning to head to Agumbe, via sagar.
ExtremeTorque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2010, 12:10   #25
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: hyderabad
Posts: 229
Thanked: 41 Times
Default

hi guys,

I was planning a trip to Hampi, from Hyderabad, mostly on this Saturday. Plan to leave hyd by 4 AM so that I can be in Hampi by 10 or 11. Google maps shows the route to be

Hyd ---> Jadcherla ----> Mahaboob nagar ----> Raichur -----> Manvi -----> Sindhanur ----> Gangawati ---> Anegondi ---> Hampi.

Is this route better for travel or should I consider the other one via NH7. I think the above route is shorter and the NH7 one will be longer one (Hyd --> Kurnool ---> Gooty -->Bellary --> Hospet). Can you people please suggest me some good route. How will be the condition from Jadcherla --> hampi ?

Thanks,
Srini.
sriswe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2010, 12:21   #26
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: BANG-A-LURE.
Posts: 1,111
Thanked: 3,462 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriswe View Post
hi guys,

I was planning a trip to Hampi, from Hyderabad, mostly on this Saturday. Plan to leave hyd by 4 AM so that I can be in Hampi by 10 or 11. Google maps shows the route to be

Hyd ---> Jadcherla ----> Mahaboob nagar ----> Raichur -----> Manvi -----> Sindhanur ----> Gangawati ---> Anegondi ---> Hampi.

Is this route better for travel or should I consider the other one via NH7. I think the above route is shorter and the NH7 one will be longer one (Hyd --> Kurnool ---> Gooty -->Bellary --> Hospet). Can you people please suggest me some good route. How will be the condition from Jadcherla --> hampi ?

Thanks,
Srini.
This route is very good. Jadcherla to Raichur route is also good and Raichur to gangavati road is maska.

I hail from Raichur and will strongly recommend this route.

Betw;Which vehicle are you planning to drive.?

Last edited by SILVERWOOD : 1st July 2010 at 12:23. Reason: Comments
SILVERWOOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2010, 12:29   #27
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: hyderabad
Posts: 229
Thanked: 41 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
This route is very good. Jadcherla to Raichur route is also good and Raichur to gangavati road is maska.

I hail from Raichur and will strongly recommend this route.

Betw;Which vehicle are you planning to drive.?
Hi SilverWood,

Thanks for the immediate reply. I will be driving my 1.5 year old Indica Diesel (NA). As per your words, guess hyd-hampi can be done easily in 6 hours ?

Thanks,
Srini.
sriswe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2010, 13:15   #28
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: BANG-A-LURE.
Posts: 1,111
Thanked: 3,462 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriswe View Post
Hi SilverWood,

Thanks for the immediate reply. I will be driving my 1.5 year old Indica Diesel (NA). As per your words, guess hyd-hampi can be done easily in 6 hours ?

Thanks,
Srini.
Why not.? 6-6.5 hours of driving time is sufficent for you to reach hampi.
SILVERWOOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2010, 16:08   #29
BHPian
 
ExtremeTorque's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 379
Thanked: 19 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriswe View Post
hi guys,

I was planning a trip to Hampi, from Hyderabad, mostly on this Saturday. Plan to leave hyd by 4 AM so that I can be in Hampi by 10 or 11. Google maps shows the route to be

Hyd ---> Jadcherla ----> Mahaboob nagar ----> Raichur -----> Manvi -----> Sindhanur ----> Gangawati ---> Anegondi ---> Hampi.

Is this route better for travel or should I consider the other one via NH7. I think the above route is shorter and the NH7 one will be longer one (Hyd --> Kurnool ---> Gooty -->Bellary --> Hospet). Can you people please suggest me some good route. How will be the condition from Jadcherla --> hampi ?

Thanks,
Srini.
Srini as silverwood indicated above, i am takeing the road via raichur. I am starting 3-4pm tomorrow. On the other route (Via NH7) dont even think about it. Last Sep, it took 6 and half hours for me to navigate NH63 (gooty to bellary around 90KM) . If you want i can PM you my number and call me on sat and i can give you the freshest ;-) update.
ExtremeTorque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2010, 19:55   #30
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 77
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

hey Srini - am planning to do the exact same trip a week later, leaving Hyd early and planning to reach Hampi by 10-11. Do let me know if that's realistic with the current road conditions.

Silverwood - I gather you're the expert on this topic. I intend to stay there for a day (at Malligi) and drive back the next early morning. Can you advise if that's a good plan and any specifics on what I can do during the day/evening (apart from the visit to the ruins)? Thanks!
KESriram is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bangalore to Jog Falls - Route, experiences sethu.murali Route / Travel Queries 39 14th October 2017 12:55
Bangalore-Shimogga-Jog Falls-Goa-Mangalore-Bangalore Route ravi_hsrlayout Route / Travel Queries 61 5th December 2015 10:37
My Hyderabad-Bangalore-Coorg-Dharmashtala-Udipi-Gokarna-Jog Falls trip in Sx4 dilsoft Travelogues 15 13th September 2014 12:24
Mumbai-Jog falls-Mangalore-Mumbai magiceye Route / Travel Queries 38 20th May 2010 08:15
Bangalore-Jog Falls- Murdeshwar-Goa - Route Advice mdmahesh Route / Travel Queries 0 12th December 2009 11:26


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 06:26.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks