Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2010, 12:13   #1
BHPian
 
rideon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: DXB/DEL/MEL
Posts: 122
Thanked: 21 Times
Default Miraj - Panaji (Goa). Suggestions for quickest route

I shall be doing a Miraj (Dist. Sangli, South Maharashtra) - Goa trip as an extension of my Delhi - Miraj road trip in September. Although I have done the Miraj - Goa trip about 8 years earlier, I need suggestions on the quickest route to Goa from Miraj. I shall be travelling with wife and 2 year old kid (just FYI).
Any suggestions would be highly appreciated.
rideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2010, 13:19   #2
Senior - BHPian
 
ranjitp1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 3,616
Thanked: 1,723 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rideon View Post
I shall be doing a Miraj (Dist. Sangli, South Maharashtra) - Goa trip as an extension of my Delhi - Miraj road trip in September. Although I have done the Miraj - Goa trip about 8 years earlier, I need suggestions on the quickest route to Goa from Miraj. I shall be travelling with wife and 2 year old kid (just FYI).
Any suggestions would be highly appreciated.
Miraj-Kolhapur-NH4-Sankeshwar-Ajra-Amboli-Sawantwadi-NH17-Panjim

Alternately,road conditions permitting the better option and the more scenic drive option would be

Miraj-Kolhapur-NH4-Belgaum-NH4A-Londa-Anmod-Mollem-Ponda-Panjim.This goes through the Mollem National park.At the moment,this road has been reported to be in supreme conditions,but things can go bad pretty quickly in between Londa& Mollem as this route is a favorite for the mining trucks and tends to break up big time during the monsoons,since sep is your travel month,suggest check closer to the date on this forum on road conditions.

Distance would be approx 240kms from Miraj to Panjim and a travel time of approx 5hrs.
ranjitp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2010, 13:50   #3
Team-BHP Support
 
ampere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 15,611
Thanked: 8,606 Times
Default

I used to be a regular on the Belgaum-Londa section with both bus and train. Its one of the most beautiful stretches.
Though the same cannot be said about roads. But its worth the drive.

PS: My details are almost a decade old !

Last edited by ampere : 2nd July 2010 at 13:52.
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2010, 14:29   #4
BHPian
 
rideon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: DXB/DEL/MEL
Posts: 122
Thanked: 21 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Miraj-Kolhapur-NH4-Sankeshwar-Ajra-Amboli-Sawantwadi-NH17-Panjim

Alternately,road conditions permitting the better option and the more scenic drive option would be

Miraj-Kolhapur-NH4-Belgaum-NH4A-Londa-Anmod-Mollem-Ponda-Panjim.This goes through the Mollem National park.At the moment,this road has been reported to be in supreme conditions,but things can go bad pretty quickly in between Londa& Mollem as this route is a favorite for the mining trucks and tends to break up big time during the monsoons,since sep is your travel month,suggest check closer to the date on this forum on road conditions.

Distance would be approx 240kms from Miraj to Panjim and a travel time of approx 5hrs.
Thanks for the prompt reply! Any ideas on how long the alternative route is (Miraj-Kolhapur-NH4-Belgaum-NH4A-Londa-Anmod-Mollem-Ponda-Panjim)? And the approximate travel time to Panjim?
rideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2010, 14:55   #5
Team-BHP Support
 
ampere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 15,611
Thanked: 8,606 Times
Default

The road is great till Belgaum. But beyond it depends on the Monsoon status.
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2010, 12:42   #6
Senior - BHPian
 
ranjitp1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 3,616
Thanked: 1,723 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rideon View Post
Thanks for the prompt reply! Any ideas on how long the alternative route is (Miraj-Kolhapur-NH4-Belgaum-NH4A-Londa-Anmod-Mollem-Ponda-Panjim)? And the approximate travel time to Panjim?
Both are going to take the same amount of time,with the Belgaum route taking marginally lesser time as the entire route upto Panjim is a NH.But do check closer to date for updates on nH4A
ranjitp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pune to Miraj and Aurangabad siddheshb Route / Travel Queries 15 14th March 2016 16:00
Acceleration List - Worlds Quickest Cars Stratos The International Automotive Scene 13 31st January 2006 18:13
Autocar UK's 2005 0-100-0mph test - Ariel Atom 2 is the quickest among the cars. Shan2nu The International Automotive Scene 11 29th July 2005 22:10


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 11:21.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks