Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 25th November 2010, 12:20   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadracer View Post
G
CHENNAI to GOA

2. Bangalore - Tumkur - Chitradurga [ NH4 ]
3. Chitragurga - Hampi [NH13]. NH13 is bad.
Will post the pics in travelouges section sometime later in the week.
Where did you stay at Chitradurga? tel no and price please.
goandude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2010, 12:52   #62
BHPian

Thanks for your feedback Sarin. Assuming i took the route you suggested on my way back, and then instead of getting into Bangalore, i take the NICE road to proceed to HOSUR; how long do you think it would take me from Panaji to the point where i touch the NH4 after crossing over the NICE road?

Asking because, im trying to gauge how much time it will ultimately take me to reach Chennai, because on my way back, i want to reach Chennai the same day and get home by around 23:00-00:00.

Thanks,
Varun
misguidedmisile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2010, 15:52   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by misguidedmisile View Post
Thanks for your feedback Sarin. Assuming i took the route you suggested on my way back, and then instead of getting into Bangalore, i take the NICE road to proceed to HOSUR; how long do you think it would take me from Panaji to the point where i touch the NH4 after crossing over the NICE road?

Asking because, im trying to gauge how much time it will ultimately take me to reach Chennai, because on my way back, i want to reach Chennai the same day and get home by around 23:00-00:00.

Thanks,
Varun
If I understood your question correctly, here is the answer.

From Panaji till my house near NICE road at Bannerghatta crossing it took me 9.5 hours total (8.5hours driving time plus 1 hour lunch). I started around 7:15 am from Panaji and reached my home 4:45pm. Assume that you drive the same way as I do, then you will reach Chennai around 9:30pm (max) if you drive non stop and add break time to this if you are planning to take any break.
Regards,
Sarin
sarinkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2010, 16:24   #64
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks,
Varun
Hi couple of months back I did Margao - Chennai in single day in my Cruze.

Left Varca Beach at 6:00

Reached Nice Road at 18:00.

Stopped for Breakfast at Yellapur for 30mins.

Stopped for Tea at Ghar Dhaba after Hubli for 15mins.

Stopped for Friday Prayers at Davengere for 1 Hour.

Stopped for Late Lunch at CCD after Tumkur for 45mins.

From Nice Road we reached Electronic city and had to Drop a friend at Madiwala then stopped for Dinner at Kamat after Hosur for 1 Hour.

Reached Chennai at 2:00.

Roads are excellent from Margao-Karwar-Yellapur-Hubli-Chitradurga-Nelmangala-Electronic City-Hosur-Krishnagiri-Chennai.

970kms. Spirited driving you can do it in 15 Hours.
sameer sultan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2010, 17:52   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
Where did you stay at Chitradurga? tel no and price please.
The best place to stay at Chitradurga is Hotel Naveen Regency #08194 230052. Its located on the Chitradurga Bypass in NH 4.

Tariff starts from Rs.850/- for Non-A/C Room.

Very decent Hotel with good food. Highly Recommended.
sameer sultan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2010, 21:46   #66
BHPian

Sarin & Sameer- Thanks for your Feebdack! it will definitely help me in planning my schedule on the way back..
Old 26th November 2010, 12:33   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameer sultan View Post
The best place to stay at Chitradurga is Hotel Naveen Regency #08194 230052. Its located on the Chitradurga Bypass in NH 4.

Tariff starts from Rs.850/- for Non-A/C Room.

Very decent Hotel with good food. Highly Recommended.
Thanks. Team bhp has been the guiding light for oh so many reasons
goandude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2010, 08:55   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Sarin & Sameer- Thanks for your Feebdack! it will definitely help me in planning my schedule on the way back..
Welcome and have a nice and safe trip.
Regards,
Sarin
sarinkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2011, 13:47   #69
BHPian

Default Re: Chennai to Goa - Road Trip : Route Info Needed

Team, iam planning to halt the night at some hotel close to NICE road on my way back from Goa to Chennai.

Can someone please recommend a decent hotel to stay the night? I should be able to reach NICE road by around 7pm.

I saw Sameer had posted above that i could stay at Chitradugra, but i would like to cover some more ground and prefer to halt closer to Bangalore.

Thanks!
Varun
Old 15th September 2011, 21:44   #70
BHPian

Default Chennai - GOA road trip

Hello Roadies,

Wanted to share the route update for people travelling between Chennai & GOA.. below given is the best route right now..9th Sep 2011

Chennai -NH4 - NH46 - Bangalore - NH6 - Chitradurg - Haveri -Bankapur - Turn left after Bankapur onto State highyway - 6 - Mundagod - Yellapur- turn left @ yellapur - NH 46 - karwar - Panaji ( road between Bankapur & Yellapur is single road with few potholes ...great scenic route though )..

Caution : Road via Jogfalls is very very bad right now..from Honavar to jogfalls ( very bad road)

If you have any questions, call me @ 09940044748.. will be glad to help
;-)

regards,
Venkat
virgovencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2014, 21:51   #71
BHPian

Smile Chennai to Goa by Road in late Nov 2014

Hi guys,
I intend to take up a road trip from Chennai to Goa in my Maruti Ertiga with wifey (i will do the driving) during end Nov 2014. I have done quite a few shuttles to Bangalore but nothing to Goa yet. I am interested in knowing the best route, preferred halts, veg food, halt if required, etc.

While the onward journey is partly time-bound (to reach Goa by 1600 hrs on a Thursday), halts en route can be taken on the return journey over the weekend. I am also open to taking different routes for both the segments.

Since I am clueless in this road segment, I request you guys to suggest timings, possible routes with important/interesting places to visit, food and halting places, etc.

The last thread in this sector is pretty old and may not reflect the present road/stay conditions. Hence, this request.

Thanks in anticipation.

Viswam

Last edited by Viswam : 30th October 2014 at 21:53. Reason: omission
Viswam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2014, 22:05   #72
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Chennai to Goa by Road in late Nov 2014

If you are comfortable with night driving, start around midnight-ish from Madras. Madras-Bangalore-Goa. Otherwise leave Madras like 1530-1600 on Wednesday and stay in Hosur/Tumkur (expect 5 hour drive to Hosur with this start time). Leave early morning 5ish to Goa.

The various options for Bangalore-Goa have been discussed to death here.
narayans80 is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2014, 22:26   #73
BHPian

As pointed out by @narayans80, check out the Bangalore to Goa he has listed. Bangalore to Goa takes about 10 hrs including breaks for fuel and food. If you are leaving early morning(5ish) from Chennai, you can probably reach Hubli by bypassing Bangalore traffic using NICE Road near electronic city and reaching Tumkur road on NH4 on the way to Goa.
sswaroop is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2014, 15:09   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sswaroop View Post
leaving early morning(5ish) from Chennai
5am start from Madras is not recommended. If you are using Hosur route, you'll land in peak hour traffic at 9am. It won't get the OP at 1600 in Goa either. Estimate 2000-2200 hrs arrival time for 0500 start from Madras. Better route for 0500 start will be Madras-Ranipet-Chitoor-Kolar-Vijayapura-Devanahalli-Doddabalapur-Dobbaspete-NH4.
narayans80 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2014, 15:42   #75
Distinguished - BHPian

Viswam. For more detailed and up to date information I guess it is better to refer two seperate threads -

1.Bangalore - Chennai thread
2. Bangalore - Goa thread

Also for Bangalore- Chennai you can think about Chitoor route too instead of Krishnagiri- Hosur.

There are coupe of old threads about Chennai- Goa, however current road conditions will be missing.

Chennai - Goa (Chennai to Goa - Road Trip : Route Info Needed)

Chennai - Goa 2

Apart from that you may have to budget ~ 6 hours for Chennai- Bangalore and ~ 11 hours for Bangalore - Goa.
mpksuhas is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote