Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 22nd March 2013, 13:49   #31
Default Re: A Hill Station around Delhi for 5 days in September

Originally Posted by <Badguy> View Post
If you are with Kid and wife than avoid travelling in UP for complete week of Holi. You never know in which lane and which highway drunken goons will stop you and ask for money. It will be tough to pass them with lady and kid on-board.Its better to be safe and avoid it. In any case Chail is good option.
Yeah, that's what my thought was. Not too fond of travelling through UP anyway and we've visited Nainital before.
sharninder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2014, 23:02   #32
Default Re: A Hill Station around Delhi for 5 days in September

Hi Guys,

Can someone update on the current road conditions from Delhi to Nainital & upto Munsiyari, as well as from Shimla to higher destinations.

I am planning a 5 day tour in May 1st week to hill station from Delhi.
I will be driving my Dzire diesel, will be travelling with my wife & want to have a nice peaceful relaxing vacation.
We are not much intro trekking/adventure. But a 2-3 hours trek offering good views would be good.

I am stuck in two options, one is towards shimla (shogi, solan, chail, kalpa, chitkul) & other is towards nainital (mukteshwar, binsar, chaukori, munsiyari).

I have been to Kasauli recently, so I know that the roads till around Shimla are great. So, that is the reason I am inclined a little towards Shimla side, but I have heard that the views from Chaukori-Munsiyari are better.

What would be a good itinerary, if I do not want to drive for more than 8 hours in any single day?
ank.nsit is offline   Reply With Quote