Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 2nd August 2010, 21:15   #1
Senior - BHPian

Default Panna-Bandhavgarh-Kanha-Pench Route.

I have a business tour, so I just tried to include the National Parks in my list, The problem is that though I will not be visiting the National parks as a visitor. Could I still take the routes that go through these parks?? For e.g Below is my travel route, it goes through Kanha, Pench, Panna National parks.(look at the routes going from inside national park indicated by blue lines.)

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sour...2&z=7&dirflg=d

I came to know that all these National parks are closed from July-October. Are the routes that are shown in my map too closed?? or They are just normal highways that went through the National parks.

I have a Tata Safari TCIC. Also I would like to ask if I could also travel through those (Inside National Park) routes at night. We will be 7 Gents in the car.

P.S.: I will start on Thursday, this week.

Need Help! SOS:|

Last edited by mercedised : 2nd August 2010 at 21:17.
mercedised is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2010, 22:50   #2
Senior - BHPian

The roads indicated by you are normal roads, open through the year. I heard that you can stay in Kanha even during the rainy season although you may not be able to go inside the park.

Going by past experience, MP roads will break up during the rains.
hvkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2010, 07:27   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
The roads indicated by you are normal roads, open through the year. I heard that you can stay in Kanha even during the rainy season although you may not be able to go inside the park.

Going by past experience, MP roads will break up during the rains.
(Phew!) Thanks, I am relieved now. Yes, the roads must have broken down by now, and also I would like to ask if it is safe traveling through through the National Parks at night. or Also in daytime, if it is advisable to do speeds of 80-90kmph on those routes?
Old 3rd August 2010, 09:40   #4
Senior - BHPian

I saw your route, I do not see you going through any of the private WLS roads, they are all public highways and I do not think there are any Check Posts to restrict your travel by night, but I would generally avoid night travel due to sparse traffic and adverse perceptions about law and order in MP in general.
Old 3rd August 2010, 21:11   #5
Senior - BHPian

Thanks once again, I might avoid that (night journey), but not at all times. Sometime I will have to do it in the journey.

'Adverse Perception'? about Law, Why? I donot get any of the things of that types during my travel in M.P. May be that I belong to a city in M.P. and the car is of M.P. might have made the things easier.
Old 3rd August 2010, 22:24   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedised View Post
Thanks once again, I might avoid that (night journey), but not at all times. Sometime I will have to do it in the journey.

'Adverse Perception'? about Law, Why? I donot get any of the things of that types during my travel in M.P. May be that I belong to a city in M.P. and the car is of M.P. might have made the things easier.
Tales of dacoity in Sendhwa-Damnod and Sagar area are known. But in MP even the cops are terrible, I have had my car seized by cops - when you have such cops, why bother about dacoits?
Old 4th August 2010, 09:53   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
Tales of dacoity in Sendhwa-Damnod and Sagar area are known. But in MP even the cops are terrible, I have had my car seized by cops - when you have such cops, why bother about dacoits?

Sendhwa - Dhamnod : The route was known for Dacoits at one time, but now, it is not as troublesome as it was earlier. One can now do that stretch at nights too.

Sagar: It was too a case earlier, nowadays it has reduced.

Yes, when we have got such COPS then why bother about the Dacoits. But, the more CRUEL thing is that the incident happened to you (I read it at your thread) only happens with non-MP vehicles. It is the biggest 'hole in security' of this state.

BTW, I will be leaving today evening. Thanks for your support HV, really I appreciate your 'route skills'/Knoweldge.