Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 10th August 2010, 15:29   #1
Default Ranthambhore - Current weather conditions

Hey folks,

I am planning on a photography trip to shoot the tigers of Ranthambhore. Any Idea about the current weather condition there. Pointers to the best way to go on safaris ( like name of a service group that can arrange such solo trips) are also welcome with both hands!
I plan to travel to Ranthambhore by 28th or 29th of August.

I tried to contact a resort that arranges such trips, its called "Ranthambhore Bagh", but didnt get any feedback from them yet. So Any kind of input as to how to go on a safari to the park is welcome.

Torqueguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2010, 16:59   #2
Team-BHP Support

If you want to shoot tigers, ranthambore is not the place. You will get lots of other animals though. Tiger sighting rate is high in the parks of MP.
That said, during monsoons most parks are closed. I am not sure if Ranthambore will be open.
tsk1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2010, 17:30   #3
Senior - BHPian

Mukul, Ranthambore opens from 1st October. Bookings start in September. Presently it is closed due to rains and the mating season.

Ranthambore is presently teeming with Tigers. As their density has increased, some from there are being relocated in Sariska. Recently a big male T-2 was sent to Sariska.

If you want to shoot Tigers during this time, then go to Tadoba/Pench in Maharashtra.

If you need any help there, I will be happy to....

I'm going to Ranthambore during the first week of Oct to shoot Tigers..
gd1418 is offline   Reply With Quote