Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 17th August 2010, 17:57   #1

Default Road condition - Nagpur - Jabalpur - Maihar

Hi Team,

Planning to visit Maihar Temple in Madhyapradesh. Would be taking morning flight from Mumbai to Nagpur and there after on road to Maihar. From Nagpur we would travel to Jabalpur, make a night stay, and then the Maihar.

Need few information on below points by anyone who has traveled this route recently:
  1. How is road condition?
    A. Nagpur to Jabalpur
    B. Jabalpur to Maihar
  2. Approximate travel time?
    A. Nagpur to Jabalpur
    B. Jabalpur to Maihar
  3. Other places of interest?

My parents would also accompany me hence we need to take a break. Open to making pit stop at any other interesting place (Jabalpur stay is not necessary)

Thanks
Gaurav Verma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2010, 22:31   #2
Senior - BHPian

Nagpur to Jabalpur road is OK.
NH7 further to Maihar should also be OK (was Ok a few weeks ago).
If you want a break in between, visit Bedeghat to see the Marble Rocks on River Narmada, it is hardly 15-20 kms detour from NH7 off Jabalpur (Bhopal road)
hvkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2010, 11:40   #3
BHPian

+1 to that. An evening is all that you really need for Bedhaghat. An evening stroll, boat ride and waterfall.

You can stay at the MP Tourism hotel for your overnight stay. IIRC, the one day fair for AC accomodation when I visited in Jun' 09 was less than a grand and the rooms were pretty neat. It also over looks the Narmada.

Cheers,
Ardy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2010, 12:04   #4
BHPian

It would have been more easy for you, if you take a direct flight to Raipur, instead of Nagpur.

But if you have the constraint of geting a car or relatives from Nagpur only, then it is ok.

Otherwise fly to Raipur / Bhopal.
WDM007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2012, 13:18   #5
BHPian

Default Re: Road condition - Nagpur - Jabalpur - Maihar

Any update on recent condition of Nagpur - Jabalpur road? Starting journey today.

Regards,
Aniket Tiwari
aniket.tiwari27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2012, 13:24   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniket.tiwari27 View Post
Any update on recent condition of Nagpur - Jabalpur road? Starting journey today.

Regards,
Aniket Tiwari
Generally OK, except for some bad sections in MP border to Seoni sector, where the 2-laned road has not been widened.
hvkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2012, 13:36   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
Generally OK, except for some bad sections in MP border to Seoni sector, where the 2-laned road has not been widened.
HVK sir,

I heard from someone who travelled JBP to NGP by bus a couple of days back that the road condition is pathetic. It took about 9hrs whereas generally JBP-NGP can be covered in about 5-6 hrs. Hence, got worried.

Any idea on the distance between NGP to JBP and approximately how much time it will take to cover that distance givent he current road condition?

I have planned to start from Pune today evening at around 5pm. Nigh halt at Aurangabad. Then start early at about 6am from Aurangabad. Will reach Nagpur by 3pm. Then plan to reach JBP latest by 9pm.

Any tips or information for this journey will be helpful. I will be travelling with my wife and mother in law.

Regards,
Aniket
aniket.tiwari27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2012, 14:16   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
HVK sir,

I heard from someone who travelled JBP to NGP by bus a couple of days back that the road condition is pathetic. It took about 9hrs whereas generally JBP-NGP can be covered in about 5-6 hrs. Hence, got worried.

Any idea on the distance between NGP to JBP and approximately how much time it will take to cover that distance givent he current road condition?

I have planned to start from Pune today evening at around 5pm. Nigh halt at Aurangabad. Then start early at about 6am from Aurangabad. Will reach Nagpur by 3pm. Then plan to reach JBP latest by 9pm.

Any tips or information for this journey will be helpful. I will be travelling with my wife and mother in law.

Regards,
Aniket
No, road have improved. Some of our friends have driven on this route as lately as 3 days - 3 weeks ago, that too on small cars, so you don;t have to worry about bad roads.

I worked on a route plan for someone recently for the Bombay-Pune-Aurangabad-Nagpur-Seoni-Kanha-Amrkantak route, which you can refer for your drive. IT is attached.

Around 300 kms from Nagpur to Jabalpur, it should still take you 6-7 hours.
Attached Files
File Type: xls Rajesh-Pune-Nagpur-Amarkantak.xls (33.0 KB, 849 views)
hvkumar is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2012, 13:00   #9
BHPian

Just returned from the Pune-Jabalpur-Pune trip. The route to JBP from NGP via Seoni is ok with about 30 Kms of very bad road just before you reach the Bison National Park Resort. Thereafter its a four lane road. That 30kms stretch is too bad and prone to huge traffic jams. I would say the road has huge craters and sometime you will literally have to come to a standstill and spend a moment to decide which part of road will hurt the car underbelly LESS (in either case it will hurt).

So, I found out a better route. JBP-Chindwada-Nagpur. This will be about 40-50Kms additional but will be a peaceful ride. While coming from Jabalpur, about 10-16 Kms before Seoni you will see a Motel Centre Point on your right. About 10Kms from that point, there is a flyover. Take that flyover. At that flyover you will see a left diversion going down which will connect you to Chindwada road from under that same flyover. There is a sign board there. There after its a straight road all the way till Nagpur.

Last edited by aniket.tiwari27 : 18th April 2012 at 13:03. Reason: Typo and statement correction
aniket.tiwari27 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2012, 14:26   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Just returned from the Pune-Jabalpur-Pune trip. The route to JBP from NGP via Seoni is ok with about 30 Kms of very bad road just before you reach the Bison National Park Resort. Thereafter its a four lane road. That 30kms stretch is too bad and prone to huge traffic jams. I would say the road has huge craters and sometime you will literally have to come to a standstill and spend a moment to decide which part of road will hurt the car underbelly LESS (in either case it will hurt).

So, I found out a better route. JBP-Chindwada-Nagpur. This will be about 40-50Kms additional but will be a peaceful ride. While coming from Jabalpur, about 10-16 Kms before Seoni you will see a Motel Centre Point on your right. About 10Kms from that point, there is a flyover. Take that flyover. At that flyover you will see a left diversion going down which will connect you to Chindwada road from under that same flyover. There is a sign board there. There after its a straight road all the way till Nagpur.
Thanks. How long did it take you from Jabalpur to Nagpur. And from Nagpur to Pune? Regards
satrab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2012, 17:39   #11
BHPian

JBP to NGP in about 6 hours with adequate breaks. Both ways I took halt at Aurangabad. Started Thursday evening at 5 Covered Pune to Aurangabad (223 Kms - 3.45Hrs) and then next day Aurangabad to Jabalpur (762 Kms - 15 Hrs). Total Pune to JBP via Seoni = 985 Kms

While returning, did JBP to Aurangabad via Chindwada, Nagpur (805 Kms - 16 Hours) Next day Aurangabad to Pune via Shirdi/Shani-shingapur.

In all my entire trip was 2308 Kms.
aniket.tiwari27 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2014, 11:49   #12
BHPian

Can someone please update about the road conditions from Nagpur to Jabalpur? I plan on doing BLR- JBP very soon.
ssjr0498 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2014, 16:56   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjr0498 View Post
Can someone please update about the road conditions from Nagpur to Jabalpur? I plan on doing BLR- JBP very soon.
I drove Pune->A'Nagar->Aurangabad->Jalna->Sindkhed raja-> Wardha -> Nagpur -> Seoni-> Jabalpur in last week of August. Below are few sections which are bad but overall route is fine for big tyre vehicle
1) In and after Jalna towards sindkhed raja for 45 kms (worst road of entire section)
2) Before Khawas (MH-MP border) for 20-30 odd kms
3) After Seoni for 20-30 kms

Regards,
Shubhendra Singh
Shubhendra is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2014, 20:09   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjr0498 View Post
Go ahead, straight NH7(44), no major troublesome stretches now!
onkar1710 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2015, 08:56   #15
Team-BHP Support

A generic question : How is Chidwara-Narsingpur-Sagar section ? Because if decent, that gives a good alternative to Seoni. Nagpur-Chindwara seems to very good as per reports.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote