Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 17th August 2010, 18:29   #1
BANNED

Default Selaiyur to Sriperumbudur

Guys,

What would the ideal route from Selaiyur to Sriperumbudur. I stay in T.Nagar and have to go to Selaiyur to pick a friend and then move to Sriperumbudur. If I have to come back to Guindy, it would be time consuming. Is there any good state highway that connects Tambaram with Sriperumbudur.

Cheers
roadracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2010, 18:44   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadracer View Post
Is there any good state highway that connects Tambaram with Sriperumbudur.
One option & my favorite is Tambaram - Chennai-Tambaram Bye pass - NH4; take a left at Maduravoyal Junction which is again a cake walk due to the bridge construction almost complete; after that its one straight road all way upto Sriperumbudur. From Tambaram up to Sriperumbudur, this is a super good highway.

Other option would be is to stay on SH110 via Mudichur-Manimangalam; I'm not sure on the road conditions on this one, but this is shorter.

Last edited by aargee : 17th August 2010 at 18:53.
aargee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2010, 20:09   #3
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
One option & my favorite is Tambaram - Chennai-Tambaram Bye pass - NH4; take a left at Maduravoyal Junction which is again a cake walk due to the bridge construction almost complete; after that its one straight road all way upto Sriperumbudur. From Tambaram up to Sriperumbudur, this is a super good highway.

Other option would be is to stay on SH110 via Mudichur-Manimangalam; I'm not sure on the road conditions on this one, but this is shorter.
Thanks Aargee. I forgot about the bypass road option. From Selaiyur I can reach the GST road. How do I get to the Bypass from GST? I think once I get onto the bypass I should be able to take a left somewhere near Poonamallee or Porur to catch the NH-4.

Cheers
Old 17th August 2010, 20:14   #4
Senior - BHPian

Well, how do you intend to come? From Tambaram towards Dindigul OR Dindigul towards Chennai side? If you come from Tambaram towards Dindigul, then you need to take right; otherwise left. Follow the sign boards, they're way too good to follow & you'll never miss them.

Once on the Chennai-Bye pass keep straight; after you cross the Porur lake, you'll hit a toll booth in less than a Km. Pay the toll fee & keep moving straight, say about 3-4 Kms you'll see another bridge. DO NOT, take the bridge & instead keep left most lane that goes off the bridge that leads to NH4, which will be, Saveetha Dental College & joins towards Thirumazhisai. Pls let me know if this confuses & I'll post a map for you.
Old 17th August 2010, 20:19   #5
BANNED

Quote:
Well, how do you intend to come? From Tambaram towards Dindigul OR Dindigul towards Chennai side? If you come from Tambaram towards Dindigul, then you need to take right; otherwise left. Follow the sign boards, they're way too good to follow & you'll never miss them.

Once on the Chennai-Bye pass keep straight; after you cross the Porur lake, you'll hit a toll booth in less than a Km. Pay the toll fee & keep moving straight, say about 3-4 Kms you'll see another bridge. DO NOT, take the bridge & instead keep left most lane that goes off the bridge that leads to NH4, which will be, Saveetha Dental College & joins towards Thirumazhisai. Pls let me know if this confuses & I'll post a map for you.
Thanks Aargee. It's very clear now. I will be travelling away from Tambaram i.e. towards Dindigul.
Old 17th August 2010, 20:36   #6
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Hi Roadracer, you can try the option I always use to catch the Banglr-Chennai Highway thro the Darkas road.

Here is the link, but one has to get used to the road to know where to turn etc. Link

But pl go there only if you are used to the Kodambakkam - Sriperumbudur SH, compared to the By pass it saves atleast 20 mins,.
xingamazon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2010, 20:49   #7
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
Hi Roadracer, you can try the option I always use to catch the Banglr-Chennai Highway thro the Darkas road.

Here is the link, but one has to get used to the road to know where to turn etc. Link

But pl go there only if you are used to the Kodambakkam - Sriperumbudur SH, compared to the By pass it saves atleast 20 mins,.
I have never used SH-113. What about SH-110? I was thinking of using it in the return journey. I need to go quickly,without any confusion,to Sriperumbudur, hence I would prefer Chennai-Bypass and NH-4 in the forward. But I can do a bit of experiment in the return journey.
Old 17th August 2010, 23:06   #8
Senior - BHPian

Hi roadracer

The route which aargee suggested (bye pass) is good but very long.It should be 20 kms extra.

BTW where do you want to go in sriperumbadur??

In the below option you can reach Apollo tyres,nissan is just 20 mins from tambaram.If its hyundai estate then will take 45 min - 1hr.But which ever way the shortest is the below given (from tambaram)

Quote:
This one is THE BEST.even for this there are two option

Option 1 : Take right before tambaram bus stand,ie .. Kiskinta road and ask for mudhichur road.it joins in the Kanchipuram-vandalur road (passing thru Padappai).after padappai say around 10km you will find apollo tyre factory in your right and further you will see a junction ,where if you go straight you will goto kanchipuram and right will goto sriperumbadur.

Option2 : From tambaram goto vandalur and you need to take a right (ask for padappai/sriperumbadur road).After that its the same instruction as above .

TO guide you correctly let us know the exact company /place you need to go
joshguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2010, 06:57   #9
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
Hi roadracer

The route which aargee suggested (bye pass) is good but very long.It should be 20 kms extra.

BTW where do you want to go in sriperumbadur??

In the below option you can reach Apollo tyres,nissan is just 20 mins from tambaram.If its hyundai estate then will take 45 min - 1hr.But which ever way the shortest is the below given (from tambaram)

This one is THE BEST.even for this there are two option

Option 1 : Take right before tambaram bus stand,ie .. Kiskinta road and ask for mudhichur road.it joins in the Kanchipuram-vandalur road (passing thru Padappai).after padappai say around 10km you will find apollo tyre factory in your right and further you will see a junction ,where if you go straight you will goto kanchipuram and right will goto sriperumbadur.

Option2 : From tambaram goto vandalur and you need to take a right (ask for padappai/sriperumbadur road).After that its the same instruction as above .

TO guide you correctly let us know the exact company /place you need to go
@joshguy, I am planning to go to the actual Sriperumbadur town for a temple visit.
Old 18th August 2010, 20:15   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@joshguy, I am planning to go to the actual Sriperumbadur town for a temple visit.
Ok in that case take padappai and take right after appollo tyres and keep going straight ,you will cross lots of small village .The road is good and for 1 km or so it will be little damaged.You will cross TVS/Sundaram ,Nokia (back entrance) after which you will join poondamalee - sriperumbadur (bangy highway).

There you need to take right ,cross Rajiv Ghandhi Memorial and then proceed into Sriperumbadur instead of taking bye pass.You will see Dindukal sarathy Hotel in that junction.

Or you can take the bye pass and turn left which will take you to other side of town.

More clarification ,ask me
Old 18th August 2010, 20:41   #11
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
Ok in that case take padappai and take right after appollo tyres and keep going straight ,you will cross lots of small village .The road is good and for 1 km or so it will be little damaged.You will cross TVS/Sundaram ,Nokia (back entrance) after which you will join poondamalee - sriperumbadur (bangy highway).

There you need to take right ,cross Rajiv Ghandhi Memorial and then proceed into Sriperumbadur instead of taking bye pass.You will see Dindukal sarathy Hotel in that junction.

Or you can take the bye pass and turn left which will take you to other side of town.

More clarification ,ask me
Are you suggesting this route? If the roads are decent, I am happy to take this route at it will be shorter and quicker and also will be an opportunity to see the country side.

Selaiyur, TAmbaram, Tamil Nadu, India to Sriperumbudur, Tamil Nadu, India - Google Maps
Old 19th August 2010, 10:36   #12
Team-BHP Support

Can one summarize:

If you are entering from NH4, what is the method to by-pass Porur road construction?
(Destination: Mandavelli.)

The person driving has no idea of the city. So main roads would be easier.
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2010, 12:07   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Are you suggesting this route? If the roads are decent, I am happy to take this route at it will be shorter and quicker and also will be an opportunity to see the country side.

Selaiyur, TAmbaram, Tamil Nadu, India to Sriperumbudur, Tamil Nadu, India - Google Maps
I have no idea about that route and the road condition

I am suggesting you mudhichur-padappai-sriperumbadur (SH48 & SH57)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Can one summarize:

If you are entering from NH4, what is the method to by-pass Porur road construction?

The person driving has no idea of the city. So main roads would be easier.
It depends on what time you reach porur if its after 4.30 its better to take either

poonamalee-kundratur-pammal-pallavaram-meenambakkam-guindy

or

poonamalee-maduravoyal-nelson manikam road-and then mandaveli

But i suggest he sticks to the porur road as it will take only 15 mins max for the traffic to clear

Rest all routes will be difficult as the driver is new to city

Last edited by joshguy : 19th August 2010 at 12:09.
Old 19th August 2010, 12:32   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
@Ampere sir, do you want to skip construction because of traffic jams? If that's the case, the construction jam is not that bad; it would take max of 15-20 minutes to clear the traffic jam. Just stick to regular route or take the Kundrathur or Nelson Manickam route.

If you want I can click some pics on construction & post you pics this evening. But that will during the non peak hours.

Last edited by aargee : 19th August 2010 at 12:37.
Old 19th August 2010, 16:05   #15
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
@Ampere sir, do you want to skip construction because of traffic jams? If that's the case, the construction jam is not that bad; it would take max of 15-20 minutes to clear the traffic jam. Just stick to regular route or take the Kundrathur or Nelson Manickam route.

If you want I can click some pics on construction & post you pics this evening. But that will during the non peak hours.
So Aargee are you saying that Porur in spite of construction is the better way to go. That means the route via Kathipara is still preferrable.
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote