| || ||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|17th August 2010, 21:25||#1|
Join Date: Sep 2009
Thanked: 90 Times
Driving destinations around Ranikhet : inputs please
A brief background on my conundrum.
I had plans to visit Corbett in October, as follows :
1. Depart from Mumbai - reach Udaipur for an overnight halt ( 29th Sept)
2. Depart from Udaipur - reach New Delhi (30th Sept)
3. Spend two days in Delhi (1st and 2nd Oct; personal work)
4. Depart early from Delhi to reach Ranikhet by 11 am (3rd Oct)
5. Stay overnight in Ranikhet (3rd Oct)
6. Depart from Ranikhet for Corbett (4th Oct) and stay till 7th Oct
7. Depart from Corbett for Ranikhet (8th Oct)
8. Overnight stay in Ranikhet (8th Oct)
9. Depart from Ranikhet - reach New Delhi (9th Oct)
10.Depart from New Delhi - reach Udaipur (10th Oct)
11. Depart from Udaipur - reach Mumbai (11th Oct)
This was meant to be a driving experience with a stay in Corbett, with its charms thrown in. Visit to Ranikhet is a personal matter. We have done Ranikhet before. I have to be in Ranikhet on the 3rd and again on the 8th.
I have come to know now that doing Corbett during this period is not on as extensive repair work is undertaken for the damage wrought by the monsoon on roads, bridges and huts inside Corbett.
So, I have two options, A and B, as follows :
Proceed with the above itinerary but substitute Corbett with one or maybe two (at most) places where one can relax and enjoy the solitude of nature.
Postpone the programme to Christmas-New Year time and do Corbett then. In this case the dates will be as follows :
1. Depart from Mumbai - reach Udaipur for an overnight halt (25th Dec)
2. Depart from Udaipur - reach New Delhi (26th Dec)
3. Depart from Delhi - reach Ranikhet by 11 am (27th Dec)
4. Stay overnight in Ranikhet (27th Dec)
6. Depart from Ranikhet for Corbett (28th Dec) and stay till 29th Dec
7. Depart from Corbett - reach New Delhi (30th Dec)
8. Stay in New Delhi (30th-31st Dec- 1st Jan)
9. Depart from New Delhi - reach Udaipur (2nd Jan)
10. Depart from Udaipur - reach Mumbai (3rd Jan)
In this case, I have to be in Ranikhet on the 27th.
The points on which I require inputs/advice are :-
I. If I choose Option A, which is the one place/are the two places that I should go to visit? I have done Nainital, Ranikhet, Almora, Jageshwar, Kausani, Naukuchiatal earlier. So those places rule themselves out.
Should I visit Landsdowne in Garhwal? Or any other place which is quiet and not overcrowded? If there are any such places, should I expect clean and hygienic accommodation, which is important for me?
I am fine with desi cusine ( roti-dal-subzi-kachumar-chicken curry-toast-omelette-idli/sambar works fine with me).
II. If Option A becomes unworkable for some reason, I require advice on Corbett, the complete works - dos and donts, accommodation, bookings within Corbett, the need to hire an SUV/Jeep/Gypsy within Corbett etc., etc., etc.
Do let me know. If I choose Option A, I don't really have much time for bookings etc.
Further points :
i. Accommodation in Udaipur and Ranikhet is not a problem. For my (correction, our) stay in Delhi, do let me have info. on the possibilities of acco. in South Delhi
ii. I will be driving a diesel car with low ground clearance (154 mm) so advice on driving to Ranikhet, to Corbett and to other destinations such as Landsdowne, as stated above, will be greatly appreciated.
Last edited by issigonis : 17th August 2010 at 21:31. Reason: Corrected dates
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Photoblog of destinations in & around Trivandrum, Kerala||Nutty Nair||Travelogues||163||13th November 2017 20:50|
|Driving destinations from Kolkata||premjit||Route / Travel Queries||51||22nd December 2016 15:04|
|Planning Delhi-Vaishno Devi. Please Suggest route Other destinations||arunforu1||Route / Travel Queries||17||10th September 2013 00:57|
|Waiting for your inputs.....Options around 4 lacs?||soumya||Hatchbacks||81||25th August 2007 16:06|
|Driving destinations in Mumbai||vivek agarwal||Route / Travel Queries||7||1st September 2006 11:52|