Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 25th August 2010, 09:51   #1
BHPian

Exclamation Diveagar over this weekend (monsoons?)

Hello pals, I have been to Diveagar numerous times but never in monsoons. Generally in monsoons beaches are not that clean & sea is not safe. Henc, would like to know from the informed members of this forum who know how is this place in monsoons? Is it fine if I plan this trip this weekend?
ulhas.ahirrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2010, 11:39   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulhas.ahirrao View Post
how is this place in monsoons? Is it fine if I plan this trip this weekend?
Monsoon and beach is always bad idea.
MX6 had done the trip last month and read the result in his travel story in magnificent Maharashtra.

Though Diveagar is safe beach, why to take risk when the sea is rough in this season.

Just my 2 paisa!!!
ASHISHPALLOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2010, 11:42   #3
BHPian

well..the flip side to AP's answer would be..if you love watching rough waves while getting wet on the sticky clingy sand...then its your scene.

Had been Maravanthe recently and it was mesmerizing!! I guess it would be worth a drive especially the drive from Shrivardhan to Diveagar over the cliff.

Last edited by nix1976in : 25th August 2010 at 11:44.
nix1976in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2010, 14:41   #4
BHPian

agree with what nix says...if you like cloudy skies, choppy seas and empty beaches then this is as good a time to go to a beach as any. Only avoid the trip if you have small children with you.

I have visited plenty of beaches in all sorts of weather and have always enjoyed monsoons at the coast. You do need to take extra care if going in the water but you will definitely enjoy the drive on the wet roads.
Abhay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2010, 14:57   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
Monsoon and beach is always bad idea.
MX6 had done the trip last month and read the result in his travel story in magnificent Maharashtra.

Though Diveagar is safe beach, why to take risk when the sea is rough in this season.

Just my 2 paisa!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nix1976in View Post
well..the flip side to AP's answer would be..if you love watching rough waves while getting wet on the sticky clingy sand...then its your scene.

Had been Maravanthe recently and it was mesmerizing!! I guess it would be worth a drive especially the drive from Shrivardhan to Diveagar over the cliff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhay View Post
agree with what nix says...if you like cloudy skies, choppy seas and empty beaches then this is as good a time to go to a beach as any. Only avoid the trip if you have small children with you.

I have visited plenty of beaches in all sorts of weather and have always enjoyed monsoons at the coast. You do need to take extra care if going in the water but you will definitely enjoy the drive on the wet roads.
I like sandy beaches & calm sea...so I guess beach in monsoon is out...
What about Panhala...has anybody been there? Is it worth for one night halt?
ulhas.ahirrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2010, 15:27   #6
MX6
Senior - BHPian

I'd suggest you to go to diveagar. It's a different treat altogether. But use extreme caution when getting in waters.

I'm planning on a trip to Diveagar again in 3 weeks time.
MX6 is offline   Reply With Quote