Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 16th January 2014, 20:50   #61
Team-BHP Support
 
ampere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 14,784
Thanked: 7,454 Times
Default re: Bangalore - Shravanabelagola - Halebidu - Belur : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Best food option as per TBHPian Parag who frequents this route was Athiti after Channarayapattana which is opposite to Kamat Upachar (along with petrol bunk and CCD) located here. However we found Athiti to be closed for renovation. Food at Kamat was average and service slow.
Its not closed. They are renovating true. But I think they are still functional.
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2014, 21:18   #62
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian
 
NPV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Namma Bengaluru
Posts: 4,062
Thanked: 3,367 Times
Default re: Bangalore - Shravanabelagola - Halebidu - Belur : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonelyPlanet View Post
- Food options for breakfast and lunch.
For breakfast you can try Swathi which is ~100km from Bangalore just about a km or so before the Yadiyur turn off and about 3-5 Km before Bellur Cross.
This is on right side so you need to make a U-turn.
3-5Km ahead, at Bellur Cross on left side you have Mayura.

*When returning to Bangalore during last week of December I also saw couple of new restaurants on right side between Hotel Swathi and Bellur cross.

Lunch - you can try Hoysala Village Resort on the Hassan-Belur road.

Last edited by NPV : 16th January 2014 at 21:25.
NPV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2014, 21:23   #63
Senior - BHPian
 
mpksuhas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: KA03/KL11
Posts: 2,457
Thanked: 2,634 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
They are renovating true. But I think they are still functional.
Yes I came to know you had been there 2 weeks back. May be they are functional, it looked like they were closed so we did not check further and ended up going to Kamat.
mpksuhas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2014, 11:44   #64
BHPian
 
Cooltronics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 185
Thanked: 81 Times
Default re: Bangalore - Shravanabelagola - Halebidu - Belur : Route Queries

Hello All,
I am planning to do Bangalore --> Shravanbelagola--> Halebidu --> Bellur --> Mysore --> Bangalore
OR
Banglaore --> Mysore --> Bellur --> halebidu --> Mysore --> Bangalore on one of the weekends in the coming fortnight. ( no Shravanbelagola)

a) Is it right time to take this route considering high temperatures ?
b) Is it possible to do Shravanbelagola--> Halebidu --> Bellur in 1 day and reach Mysore by night ? I believe it will be too tight, can I skip one of the place, reach Mysore by evening and then visit the place next day while coming back to Bangalore ?
c) Does reaching Mysore first(Saturday) and doing the rest of the 2 places sound reasonable ?

My idea is to have a relaxed drive, enjoy my new car and spend some time at each of these places.
Cooltronics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2014, 12:37   #65
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Belur/Bangalore
Posts: 3,461
Thanked: 7,800 Times
Default re: Bangalore - Shravanabelagola - Halebidu - Belur : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooltronics View Post
a) Is it right time to take this route considering high temperatures ?
Its Hot right now and under heat, visiting Belur and Halebidu and walking on the fried jute carpet is not a great experience. May be occasional rains which are greeting this area in the past weeks can make things better. I was in Belur last weekend and it was surely hot and inside temple, you really need heat resistant feet :-)
Quote:
b) Is it possible to do Shravanbelagola--> Halebidu --> Bellur in 1 day and reach Mysore by night ? I believe it will be too tight, can I skip one of the place, reach Mysore by evening and then visit the place next day while coming back to Bangalore ?
Very easily possible if you can start from Bangalore around 6am and nothing late. And no, it certainly wont be a tight schedule at all as roads are fantastic and devoid of traffic too. Hassan-Mysore (130kms) would have very less traffic too.
Quote:
c) Does reaching Mysore first(Saturday) and doing the rest of the 2 places sound reasonable ?
Depends on how much time you intend to spend in Mysore and what all places you will cover here. Belur, Halebidu and Shravanabalagola anyways have limited options when it comes to sight seeing.
paragsachania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2014, 11:30   #66
Senior - BHPian
 
sushrutha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Chikmagalur/Ban
Posts: 1,701
Thanked: 317 Times
Default re: Bangalore - Shravanabelagola - Halebidu - Belur : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooltronics View Post
b) Is it possible to do Shravanbelagola--> Halebidu --> Bellur in 1 day and reach Mysore by night ?
.
Helebeedu to Belur via Hebbalu is in very bad condition. I took this route very recently, it was such a pain taking my civic in this route.

To reach belur from halebeedu rather take Halebeedu - Hagare - Belur road.
sushrutha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2014, 07:01   #67
BHPian
 
pgupta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 158
Thanked: 96 Times
Default

I am planning to do a short trip covering Belur and chikmangalur.

I understand from the existing posts that bangalore - Neelamangala-thru Sh48 - Hassan - Belur road is in good condition. Any recent update on this route will be very helpful.

Request advice on decent places to stay in belur and chikmamgalur. How about KSTDC Mayura Velapuri, is it a safe place to stay with family. I heard they have secured car parking which is certainly a plus. I need a decent accommodation In both places and a no frills one is perfectly fine as long as the place is safe and hygienic.
pgupta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2014, 09:17   #68
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Belur/Bangalore
Posts: 3,461
Thanked: 7,800 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgupta View Post
I am planning to do a short trip covering Belur and chikmangalur.

I understand from the existing posts that bangalore - Neelamangala-thru Sh48 - Hassan - Belur road is in good condition. Any recent update on this route will be very helpful.

Request advice on decent places to stay in belur and chikmamgalur. How about KSTDC Mayura Velapuri, is it a safe place to stay with family. I heard they have secured car parking which is certainly a plus. I need a decent accommodation In both places and a no frills one is perfectly fine as long as the place is safe and hygienic.
In Belur you can stay at Vishnu Regency or Sumukha Regency. The latter is diagonally opppsite to Mayura Velapuri. Though Sumukha won't have closed parking, its still a better bet.
Vishnu Regency will be just 200 meters ahead from Sumukha on road leading to Biccodu. Its got closed parking attached to a South-North Indian restaurant (Veg).
If I were you, I would avoid Mayura Velapuri!

In Chikmagalur your options increase and Improve. Planters Court being the preferred option within the town while Taj Gateway a little on the higher side of the Budget.

Roads are all good till destination.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2014, 09:26   #69
Team-BHP Support
 
ampere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 14,784
Thanked: 7,454 Times
Default re: Bangalore - Shravanabelagola - Halebidu - Belur : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgupta View Post
Request advice on decent places to stay in belur and chikmamgalur. How about KSTDC Mayura Velapuri, is it a safe place to stay with family. I heard they have secured car parking which is certainly a plus. I need a decent accommodation In both places and a no frills one is perfectly fine as long as the place is safe and hygienic.
Do you really need to stay in Belur? You can enjoy the estates of Chikkamagulur and visit Belur as a day trip.

Last edited by ampere : 28th May 2014 at 09:39.
ampere is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2014, 09:36   #70
Senior - BHPian
 
addyhemmige's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Bangalore/Hassan
Posts: 1,548
Thanked: 464 Times
Default re: Bangalore - Shravanabelagola - Halebidu - Belur : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgupta View Post
I am planning to do a short trip covering Belur and chikmangalur.

I understand from the existing posts that bangalore - Neelamangala-thru Sh48 - Hassan - Belur road is in good condition. Any recent update on this route will be very helpful.

Request advice on decent places to stay in belur and chikmamgalur. How about KSTDC Mayura Velapuri, is it a safe place to stay with family. I heard they have secured car parking which is certainly a plus. I need a decent accommodation In both places and a no frills one is perfectly fine as long as the place is safe and hygienic.
The route is good all the way to Belur & Chikmagalur. The NH48 is tolled upto Hassan and is superb. Hassan-Belur-Chikmagalur is a beautiful 2 laned highway.

I would suggest you avoid staying in Belur as both ampere and parag have mentioned below. Chikmagalur is hardly 20 kms from Belur and it offers a lot more options.
addyhemmige is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2014, 10:16   #71
BHPian
 
pgupta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 158
Thanked: 96 Times
Default re: Bangalore - Shravanabelagola - Halebidu - Belur : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
In Belur you can stay at Vishnu Regency or Sumukha Regency. The latter is diagonally opppsite to Mayura Velapuri. Though Sumukha won't have closed parking, its still a better bet.
Vishnu Regency will be just 200 meters ahead from Sumukha on road leading to Biccodu. Its got closed parking attached to a South-North Indian restaurant (Veg).
If I were you, I would avoid Mayura Velapuri!

In Chikmagalur your options increase and Improve. Planters Court being the preferred option within the town while Taj Gateway a little on the higher side of the Budget.

Roads are all good till destination.
OK thanks for your advise. Very useful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Do you really need to stay in Belur? You can enjoy the estates of Chikkamagulur and visit Belur as a day trip.
I do not need to stay in Belur. Since there are some good reviews about this hotel and its close to the temple I thought of staying here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by addyhemmige View Post
The route is good all the way to Belur & Chikmagalur. The NH48 is tolled upto Hassan and is superb. Hassan-Belur-Chikmagalur is a beautiful 2 laned highway.

I would suggest you avoid staying in Belur as both ampere and parag have mentioned below. Chikmagalur is hardly 20 kms from Belur and it offers a lot more options.
Agree. Any suggestions / recommendations for a decent accomodation preferably with secure car park in Chikmagalur will be very helpful.
pgupta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2014, 10:24   #72
Senior - BHPian
 
addyhemmige's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Bangalore/Hassan
Posts: 1,548
Thanked: 464 Times
Default re: Bangalore - Shravanabelagola - Halebidu - Belur : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgupta View Post
Agree. Any suggestions / recommendations for a decent accomodation preferably with secure car park in Chikmagalur will be very helpful.
Planter's Court is a good option and has secured parking. There are a couple of decent-no frills lodges on the bus stand road, but do not have secured parking.

My suggestion would be Planter's Court.
addyhemmige is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2014, 06:39   #73
BHPian
 
pgupta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 158
Thanked: 96 Times
Default

Any Idea about road condition for Mullayangiri? Can we drive up to some distance or hiring a cab is advisable ?
pgupta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2014, 12:03   #74
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 167
Thanked: 52 Times
Default re: Bangalore - Shravanabelagola - Halebidu - Belur : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgupta View Post
Any Idea about road condition for Mullayangiri? Can we drive up to some distance or hiring a cab is advisable ?
Road condition (last December) is not too great. Narrow, and at some points just gravel. You can drive, but dont try it if you have not done hill/ghat roads before.
It becomes quite hectic on the steep stretches when there's a car coming from the other side. There are 2 places to park. One around 3/4ths of the way up the top, where there is a temple, and ample parking space. Second, right at the top, where there is a parking area, but you need to pass through narrow stretches, where other cars may be haphazardly parked on one side of the road (and a drop on the other side)!
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2014, 17:50   #75
BHPian
 
MorePower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 106
Thanked: 40 Times
Default re: Bangalore - Shravanabelagola - Halebidu - Belur : Route Queries

Planning a Belur-Halebidu-Shravanabelagola drive tomorrow. Plan to start by 6 am from JP Nagar. With reference to some of the earlier posts, have a few questions;

- Is Belur - Hagare - Halebidu still a better bet than Belur - Halebidu via NH234?
- What's a better breakfast option? Kamat, Atithi or Mayura near BGS institute?
- Keeping in mind the afternoon sun and the hot temple complex floors, is it better to finish off Halebidu first thing in the morning or Belur?
- Vishnu regency was mentioned as one of the decent lunch options in Belur. Any word on Mayura Velapur and Sumukha?
MorePower is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wanderlust traveler - Halebidu - Belur from Bangalore mpksuhas Travelogues 18 16th May 2016 21:36
Driving Holiday: Bangalore -> Belur -> Chikmagalur -> Halebeedu -> Shravanabelagola B103 Travelogues 16 3rd June 2014 20:17
SunShine tours Halebidu-Belur-Kalasa-Hornadu-Sringeri iVento Travelogues 27 16th January 2014 10:51
Bangalore-Mysore-Ooty-Kodai-Wayanadu-Coorg-Belur-Halebidu-Bangalore StarVegabond Route / Travel Queries 17 16th December 2009 14:34
Reclaiming Shravanabelagola - Hassan - Halebid - Belur - Sakleshpur dadu Travelogues 23 17th November 2008 10:52


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 01:43.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks