Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 25th August 2010, 23:47   #1
BHPian

Default Allahabad to Mirzapur (Vindhyachal Temple) - Route Query

Friends,

I need to travel by road to Vindhyachal temple (20 kms short of Mirzapur) tomorrow.

I would be starting from Gurgaon, and I have done Gurgaon-Agra-Kanpur-Allahabad-Varanasi last December, and going by that experience, I would assume that the cleanest route ought to be taking Allahabad bypass towards Varanasi and then take a detour to join Mirzapur road via SH5.

However, this is just my assumption and would prefer inputs from members who are familiar with the road conditions, specially during monsoons.

Thanks in advance!
AlokSriva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2010, 10:06   #2
BHPian

Getting a bit restless and therefore, bumping the thread after a mere 10 hour wait

Am starting this afternoon at 2.00 p.m. and inputs prior to that would sure come in handy.
Old 26th August 2010, 10:31   #3
Senior - BHPian

The new Allahabad bypass rejoins the NH2 at Handia. I think 30 kms from that point, you come to Badohi Junction where you turn right to go to Mirzapur. However, I have not gone to MIrzapur on SH5, so cannot comment on the road condition.
hvkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2010, 11:52   #4
BHPian

Thanks HVK sir, I was sure if no one else, I would hear from you

Sure, let me try the route you mentioned. Would check with locals once I reach Handia/Gopiganj about the road condition and decide on the fly about what what exact route to take.
Old 2nd November 2013, 13:12   #5
BHPian

Default Re: Allahabad to Mirzapur (Vindhyachal Temple) - Route Query

This is the only thread I could locate in order to find the route to Vindhyachal.

From Gopiganj, the google directions show two routes to Vindhyachal, one that connects with NH 76, and one that connects with SH 5 that takes the Shastri bridge. Which one is more ideal? Can anyone help me?

I am planning to drive Lucknow to Vindhyachal and back on next Saturday.

And how much easy/difficult is it to enter Allahabad city from Handia side while returning?

Vipin.
Vipin Kumar is offline   Reply With Quote