Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 13th December 2010, 13:33   #16
Default Re: To Madikeri - from Mangalore / Kannur or Kasargod?

Originally Posted by gypsyFreak View Post
I went on a two days 900 KM trip on friday. Started from Mysore at 5:45 am and reached Kukke Subramanya around 10 am. Route taken Mysore - Madikeri - Sampaje - Subramanya. The roads upto Madikeri are excellent. From Madikeri to Dakshina Kannada border (~25KM) is bad. As soon as you enter DK district road conditions improve. From here up to Kukke road is good.
After Kukke i changed my plans as wifey was sick of the ghats. So did not go to Bekal instead took NH 48 to Mangalore. The roads upto Gundya is good. From Gundya some 15 KMs is not that good but manageable. From there to Mangalore the roads are good.
The next day went to Bekal from Mangalore. The roads are the in their prime worst condition. Took almost 3 hrs for 65 KMs. Then went to back to Mangalore then udupi. From here did a overnight journey to Mysore via Dharmasthala - kottigehara - belur and hassan.
Can you detail out the route you took from Mysore to Kukke. I will be doing Kukke from Bangalore on 18th Dec. Was told that the Sampaje road might be closed anytime. Is there an alternate route to Kukke, from Sampaje if the road is closed.
daisyb is offline   Reply With Quote