Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 28th August 2010, 14:26   #1
Default Need stay recommendations at Darjeeling / Gangtok / Lachung / Peling / Lachen

Myself and another close friend intend to spend around 10 days in Sikkim / Darjeeling along with our family around mid November. Its going to be two couples + four kids combination.

We plan to have in this trip..
  • To be picked up and dropped off at NJP.
  • Hotel stay is to be modest and not luxury.
  • Travel plan is to basically enjoy outdoors with a bit of trekking (even rafting) and see as many places. We want to stay only one night in Darjeeling so we can cover Sikkim.
I did go through some travelogues and hence have these questions.
  1. Is it required to engage a tour operator to chart out this visit (permits, transport services issues)? If yes, any recommendations based on satisfactory experience and expected cost of an all inclusive 10 day package?
  2. Recommended budget (clean) hotels at these places.
  3. What weather conditions to expect (around 10-15 deg C?)
  4. Must see / do things..
Thank you and any recommendations are welcome. Have a good day.

Cheers, Sam
lightinin95 is offline   Reply With Quote