Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 29th August 2010, 21:20   #1

Default Resorts near waterfalls in Karnataka

Does anybody know any good resorts or homestays that are located close to waterfalls in Karnataka? I live in Bangalore and I am planning a trip around the Dasara holidays. With kids who are always impatient to reach the destination, I don't think it is practical for me to drive 2-2.5 hrs from the resort/homestay to a waterfall. So, I was wondering if anybody had stayed at a resort / homestay which was located less than an hour from a decent sized waterfall in Karnataka.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Swaroop Rao
rkrpxz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2010, 15:11   #2
BHPian

You can check out these waterfalls/resorts:
1) Koodluteertha Waterfalls: This is a beautiful waterfalls near Someshwara, Agumbe. There's a cottage called Sita Nadi Nature Camp very near to this falls. Adventure activities like trekking, cycling and rafting are organized there. Adreno ( Adreno - The Rush That Gets You Ahead. ) organizes rafting and other stuff at this place.

2) Hidlumane Falls, Arshinagundi Falls near Kodachadri: These are beautiful waterfalls near Kodachadri. There's a homestay named Simha Farms ( Simha Farms | Places around | Resort, Homestay, Cottages, Trekking, at Kodachadri, Western Ghats, Kollur ). Looking at reviews at other sites/blogs, this seem to be pretty good.
370Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2010, 18:32   #3
Senior - BHPian

swaroop 1st of all please decide where you wanna go ? Karnataka has a long list of waterfalls and its quite difficult to suggest unless you tell us where you plan to head to.
rjstyles69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2010, 22:44   #4

370Z, thanks a bunch. That's exactly the kind of information I was looking for.

rjstyles, I know I posed a rather broad and difficult question, so I apologize for that. Honestly speaking, though, I don't really know where exactly in Karnataka I want to go. Ideally, the place should not be more than 7-8 hours from Bangalore. Roads should not be impenetrably bad. My frustration stems from my most recent trips where the resorts we stayed in had advertised waterfalls nearby, but when we got there, they said it would take us 2-3 hours to get there. And, I knew that it was an understatement. I don't want to spend an entire day driving back and forth for 1-2 hours of waterfall fun.
rkrpxz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2010, 00:37   #5
Team-BHP Support

You can also try :

.:: Vihangama ::.

Very close to the river (flowing river).
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2010, 09:22   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkrpxz View Post
rjstyles, I know I posed a rather broad and difficult question, so I apologize for that. Honestly speaking, though, I don't really know where exactly in Karnataka I want to go. Ideally, the place should not be more than 7-8 hours from Bangalore. Roads should not be impenetrably bad. My frustration stems from my most recent trips where the resorts we stayed in had advertised waterfalls nearby, but when we got there, they said it would take us 2-3 hours to get there. And, I knew that it was an understatement. I don't want to spend an entire day driving back and forth for 1-2 hours of waterfall fun.
Hebbe Falls - Chikkamagalur
Abbey Falls - Mercara/Coorg
Wayanad - Has has a few waterfalls.

You are better off driving to the following destinations keeping in mind that the drive shouldn't exceed 7-8 hours. From what I know , there are hardly any resorts close to waterfalls. Most places have waterfalls at a driving distance and methinks it shouldn't be a problem to drive 30-40kms to a waterfall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
You can also try :

.:: Vihangama ::.

Very close to the river (flowing river).
Vihangama has nothing more to offer than the stay by the river. Makes sense if you plan to cover a few places beyond Tirthahalli. Have put up a travelogue here.
rjstyles69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2010, 10:00   #7
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Vihangama has nothing more to offer than the stay by the river. Makes sense if you plan to cover a few places beyond Tirthahalli. Have put up a travelogue here.
Thanks Riju. Just heard about it from folks that during rains, when the river is roaring its an amazing place to go. Hence the suggestion.

I looked at you TL brilliant snaps as usual.
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote