Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 20th September 2016, 12:48   #106
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Mumbai - Udaipur : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Where exactly was this? Is it that infamous bridge over Narmada river?
Nope. The one over Narmada River is between Bharuch and Ankleshwar towns and the one mentioned here (Bhiwandi) is when nearing Mumbai.
paragsachania is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2016, 15:01   #107
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Nope. The one over Narmada River is between Bharuch and Ankleshwar towns and the one mentioned here (Bhiwandi) is when nearing Mumbai.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronz_2507 View Post
I should have rephrased my sentence total journey took 14 hours. There was a jam over the Narmada river, thankfully we were a little observant and followed loads of cars on the wrong side and by passed that. (added 1 hour)

We took Chinchoti Anjur Phata to bypass Vasai bridge which was showing a 2 hour slow down and were stuck in truck traffic. It was nerve racking since it was night, raining and we were the only car stuck. For any fellow motorist just be a little observant since all small vehicles (LMV) were bypassing this traffic by going on the wrong side and by passing all the traffic caused by the truck check post.

I know it is against the traffic rules but just be a little careful and cognisant that you are on the wrong side and give right of way to on coming traffic.
Thanks guys. Actually i too would taking this route coming 30th but starting from Delhi, hence wanted to know all bottlenecks that i would face in this route.

Since we are at this topic, one more question.
If i have to reach Mumbai latest by 12/1 PM, what time should i ideally start if i start from Udaipur??
nitinralli is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2016, 15:05   #108

Quote:
If i have to reach Mumbai latest by 12/1 PM, what time should i ideally start if i start from Udaipur??
It will take about 12-13 hours including decent breaks and if you dont encounter any off beat traffic situation. So if you want to reach at 12-1pm then you would have to drive through the night. The route has very heavy truck and trailer traffic so I would be extremely careful.
ronz_2507 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2016, 15:28   #109
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks guys. Actually i too would taking this route coming 30th but starting from Delhi, hence wanted to know all bottlenecks that i would face in this route.

Since we are at this topic, one more question.
Let us work backwards. Ahmedabad Mumbai is a 7-8 Hours affair for 500 kms depending on traffic.

Udaipur to Ahmedabad will be roughly 4.5 Hours assuming you are not entering the city and hitting NE1 for Vadodara directly.

This makes the total journey time to 12.5-13.5 Hours including all your breaks and that means, you really need to start at midnight from Udaipur for Mumbai to reach Mumbai by 12/1 PM.

Now, you will have an easy entry and exit for Ahmedabad onto NE1 between 0400-0500am but you will hit Bharuch - Ankleshwar belt at 0700-0800 am which I feel is still "super safe" to bypass the NH8 Bridge with least local traffic that starts to get thick only after 0830/0900.

I would suggest you break only after you cross Ankleshwar at Honest Hotel (along with multiple options like CCD etc) here.

With this, you may not really have to stop anywhere ahead till Mumbai and even if you wish, you can always stop at "Sugar & Spice" after Navasari and refill your car and take a quick break.

I had done similar drive but from Rajkot with a 0400am departure, crossed Ahmedabad at 0700 and was in Thane at 1330 without exceeding 100/110 KMPH.
paragsachania is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2016, 17:31   #110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Udaipur to Ahmedabad will be roughly 4.5 Hours assuming you are not entering the city and hitting NE1 for Vadodara directly.
So you suggest that i should go through Ahmedabad and not through Godhra? Reason for asking because google suggest going via Godhra. Will Ahmedabad route via NH1 be a faster one?
Old 20th September 2016, 17:44   #111
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
So you suggest that i should go through Ahmedabad and not through Godhra? Reason for asking because google suggest going via Godhra. Will Ahmedabad route via NH1 be a faster one?
Not really. You can always opt for the Godhra route and I was giving you the perspective there.

The Godhra - Halol - Vadodara route is simply awesome and well managed and if I recall it right, it is maintained by L&T. I had last taken this on my return from Indore to Bangalore and loved every bit of it.

This option will help you bypass Ahmedabad completely and you reach Vadodara after NE1. It will surely save you an hour but then you will miss out driving on NE1.
paragsachania is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2016, 18:13   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Not really. You can always opt for the Godhra route and I was giving you the perspective there.

The Godhra - Halol - Vadodara route is simply awesome and well managed and if I recall it right, it is maintained by L&T. I had last taken this on my return from Indore to Bangalore and loved every bit of it.

This option will help you bypass Ahmedabad completely and you reach Vadodara after NE1. It will surely save you an hour but then you will miss out driving on NE1.
Perfect, will take Godhra route only. Thanks a Ton.

Since i am starting from Delhi, i was thinking of halting at Udaipur, however as per your guidance reaching Mumbai before 1Pm from Udaipur is tight, hence i would try and cover as much on day 1 and try to reach as close to Ahmedabad/Godhra so that next day i can cross that infamous bridge early morning and reach Mumbai in time.
Any suggestion for place to stop over for a night between Udaipur-Godhra stretch?

As for the NE1, maybe i can do that while returning as i wont be time crushed. Have heard lot about this highway.
Old 21st September 2016, 15:08   #113
BHPian

I just returned from Nathdwara yesterday, the Godhra road is really smooth and they have stopped taking toll for private vehicles now.Yes it is maintained by L&T

I went via Godhra and returned via NE1, going via NE1 it took me 14hrs to reach Mumbai and while going it took only 12.5 hrs. It is a good 100 Kms extra if one travels via Ahmedabad and a lot of tolls too.
chirag08 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2016, 15:22   #114
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Quote:
Any suggestion for place to stop over for a night between Udaipur-Godhra stretch?
Not a stop over. But, don't miss the food here on Godhra bypass.

J.Ravi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2016, 12:31   #115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
Not a stop over. But, don't miss the food here on Godhra bypass.

Any specific item to look for

By the way do they have rooms too? From the Pic it looks like they do.
Old 22nd September 2016, 12:48   #116
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Any specific item to look for.
These are typical Hotels you will find all over Gujarat highways and you will soon begin to realise that they all look the same most of the times.

A huge parking area, glass facades, Covered parking for cars, "Pure Veg", Green Dot, A toy and petty electronics shop outside, Non-AC and AC Dining halls.

Again, they serve usual North Indian (Punjabi) and as well typical Kathiwadi (Region of Gujarat) food along with South India dishes (which I would refrain from ordering).

Butter Milk, Garlic-Potato Curry, Sev-Tomato Curry are typical Kathiwadi options that you should not miss, usually on the spicier side.

Apart from that, order Rotis (Phulkas) Instead of Tandoor Rotis. They go well with all the Gujurati curries.

And mind you, you will find aplenty of these hotels and each one is good in their own terms and you really wont complain.

Quote:
Yes they do but then don't expect much. They are not the ideal last minute option as well.

Last edited by paragsachania : 22nd September 2016 at 12:50.
paragsachania is online now   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2016, 13:03   #117
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Quote:
Any specific item to look for
Strawberry lassi. I think, I had two glasses of it!

Quote:
Here is their website: http://www.hotel-trupti.com/index.html

You can call them to be 100% sure.
J.Ravi is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2016, 08:07   #118

Road trip from Thane to Udaipur

Here are car readings from Thane West to Udaipur City Palace gate parking

Made Trip A-000 at Hiranandani Estate, Thane West
000 Hiranandani Estate
013 express inn hotel (junction of ghodbunder road and NH48)
044 toll khaniwade Rs 64
065 kamath restaurant for veg food
091 toll Charoti Rs 60
149 CNG filling station at Vapi
220 toll Bhagwada Rs 65
273 toll Choryasi Rs 65
301 CNG Filling station
363 toll Vadodara Bharuch Rs 85
401 right turn below Golden Chokri Flyover to Godhra (on Vadodara–Halol highway)
488 CNG filling station at Godhra
492 touch udaipur highway
507 sharp right turn below bridge
639 CNG filling station at Shamala (No cng after this)
677 jai bajrangi vada pav
695 toll Khandi-Obari Rs 40
732 toll Paduna Rs 75
772 city palace gate parking, Udaipur
arun_112 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2017, 11:13   #119

Hi there
Anybody traveled on the Udaipur-Modasa-Godhra-Baroda route recently,appreciate if you can update on the current road condition,will be travelling on this route later today.
Thanks
Cavalier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2017, 11:17   #120

Hi there
Travelling later today on the Udaipur-Modasa-Godhra-Baroda route,appreciate if someone can provide an update on the current road conditions.
Thanks
Cavalier is offline   Reply With Quote