Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 8th September 2010, 19:00   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradkumar View Post
From Ernakulam, I recommend that you take the NH 47 via Alapuzha to reach Chengannur and then Pandalam. Much better than the twisty MC road. The road from Alapuzha to Changanassery should be good.
NH47 is in a terrible condition after Chertala. MC Road is a better option, its condition is far more better and it is now wider than before. The Alapuzha-Changanserry road is also in good condition despite some flooding.

I agree with what issigonis said about Pune-Satara road. I drove on it last week, it is in good condition,I did not see a single pothole.
hvkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2010, 19:30   #32
Senior - BHPian

what a coincidence,i am up for a family trip with my parents from 18th(initialy thought of from 24th,but preponed due to the allahabad court verdict,don't want to get stuck in case of any problems).We will be doing a Mumbai-palakkad trip in our 98 zen.My target is to reach davanagere(mumbai-deveneger 726km).Can any tbhpian suggest me a good hotel to crash in for the day.
rakesh_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2010, 20:02   #33
Senior - BHPian

Hotel Pooja International, inside Davangere
Hotel Sai, next to Pooja
Genesis Resort, on the bypass itself
Old 8th September 2010, 20:10   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
Hotel Pooja International, inside Davangere
Hotel Sai, next to Pooja
Genesis Resort, on the bypass itself
@kumar-Thanks for replying.genesis resort would be convenient for me,any idea of the tarrifs?
rakesh_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2010, 21:14   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v&v View Post
1. Hotels Details at Ahmadabad bypass .
Why do you need to stop at Ahmedabad? Carry on till Baroda. On the stretch bypassing Vadodara, I remember seeing a few resorts on the NH8 itself - one I can find right now is this - a couple of km backwards on NH8 from the Vadodara exit of NE1. Prakruti Resorts (Vadodara) - Hotel reviews, photos, rates - TripAdvisor. More inputs from folks in that region please.

Or else, you can call & check if this place has started with their rooms or not - last I was there 2 years ago, they mentioned converting the restaurant into a hotel/resort. It's on the right of the highway soon after you turn left towards Baroda.
Delhi - Kerala - Family road trip in Baleno - Completed Oct - 1-5th - 46 hrs/3300 k-gamthi-rest.jpg

Last edited by SS-Traveller : 8th September 2010 at 21:16.
SS-Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2010, 22:27   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
@kumar-Thanks for replying.genesis resort would be convenient for me,any idea of the tarrifs?
This is what our friend cool_dube had posted in another thread:
"Genesis Resort, about 20 kms after the bypass begins, on your LHS. A/C rooms at INR 1,200 are slightly overpriced but good/clean. Phone no. - 08192 280194"

They also have a web-site but is pitifully short of any info:

Untitled Document
Old 9th September 2010, 06:29   #37
v&v
Senior - BHPian

Thanks coolclouds, khoj, HVK, rhandle for the input.
So the final inference is post Udaipur, either i stopover at Himmatnagar or Drive down to Baroda. In Blr there is lot of options between E-city - Hosur as per coolclouds.

@ pradkumar - Route via Manglore is in bad shape and it is advisable to take route via BLR - Kumili - Tvlla - Cgnr.
v&v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2010, 18:31   #38
cLJ
BHPian

It is better to avoid Palakkad-Thrissur route which is in very bad condition. I took about 3 hours to cover this 70+ km two weeks back and it was heavy raining also, which made the driving impossible at that time.
cLJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2010, 09:09   #39
v&v
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
That will be good info, look forward to your update. Am sure that teh route will be fabulous.
Update on Kumili - Munkdakayam - Erumeli - Ranni - Pathanamthitta route exists and presently is in bad shape. Drivable but better to take KK highway and take MC road. Anway will ask local opinion when at kumili.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Why do you need to stop at Ahmedabad? Carry on till Baroda.
My original plan is to drive till Baroda, but just for data i want to keep options open. Last time i stayed near kalaghoda. Is there any option on Highway itself. Will enquire about prakruti resorts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cLJ View Post
It is better to avoid Palakkad-Thrissur route which is in very bad condition. I took about 3 hours to cover this 70+ km two weeks back and it was heavy raining also, which made the driving impossible at that time.
Thanks,I will be taking the NH 220 from Bnglr.
v&v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2010, 22:27   #40
Senior - BHPian

Gandhinagar bypass to Chiloda circle(where the left takes you to the Baroda EW and right takes you to AMD via SG Road) is in pathetic condition on Nh8.
ranjitp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2010, 00:56   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Gandhinagar bypass to Chiloda circle(where the left takes you to the Baroda EW and right takes you to AMD via SG Road) is in pathetic condition on Nh8.
ranjitp1,

Do you mean the road (part of NH8) from Chiloda circle up to the Ransan circle(Sardar Patel Ring Road) which still remains as a two way double lane stretch.
khoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2010, 12:21   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
ranjitp1,

Do you mean the road (part of NH8) from Chiloda circle up to the Ransan circle(Sardar Patel Ring Road) which still remains as a two way double lane stretch.
Right Khoj,the very same section.Its very deeply potholed at the moment for a distance of around 20-24kms and heavy truck traffic adds to the problem
ranjitp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2010, 20:33   #43
vdi
BHPian

The Palakkad - Trichur section is not that bad. Its better than NH 47 towards Kollam from Cherthala. Done this 2 weeks back.
vdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2010, 21:38   #44
asw
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v&v View Post
Update on Kumili - Munkdakayam - Erumeli - Ranni - Pathanamthitta route exists and presently is in bad shape. Drivable but better to take KK highway and take MC road. Anway will ask local opinion when at kumili.
I stay near kumily and had a trip to trivandrum via adoor yesterday. Mundakayam-erumely-ranni-pathanamthitta road is in bad condition. I recommend you to take mundakayam-kanjirappally-ponkunnam-kangazha-karukachal-changanacherry-tiruvalla-chenganoor-adoor route. This road is in good condition.Watch out for huge potholes between Kuttikanam and peruvanthanam (Mundakayam).
asw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2010, 11:34   #45
BHPian

Hi v&v, Nice to know about your trip. You'll sure enjoy that really long drive. having gone through this thread, I don't much to add in terms of route advise. Experienced people have discussed all the options in good details. Wish you a happy journey. Will be waiting for your experiences on return.
LongDrive lover is offline   Reply With Quote