Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 30th June 2017, 17:15   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvurride View Post
Thanks. I'll leave Whitefield only by 3:30pm which would make me get there by 8:30. Nevertheless, I'll give it a try.

The shimoga route is your best bet. I took the same while returning from Jog to Bangalore. Avoid Bhadravati as a shimoga local guy told due to additional truck traffic.
The shimoga route is absolutely fine apart from a few stretches which is ok.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ant_vas View Post
A friend of mine usually takes this route to visit his home in Shimoga: Bangalore - Tumkur - Chitradurga - Holalkere - Channagiri - Shimoga

As per him this is the best and fastest route to reach shimoga as the roads a very good throughout

Hey luvurride do let us know is Jog these days. was planning to visit it with family next weekend.

Jog Falls is not in its full blown force yet as the dam gates are still not open. But it isn't that bad as you have a couple of falls active. The new viewing point makes for a great view of the falls and also has stairs taking you all the way down if you are up for a draining climb.
Attaching a pic of my recent visit on the 26th June.

Bangalore to Jog Falls - Route, experiences-imageuploadedbyteambhp1498823093.757003.jpg
justwheels is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2017, 15:30   #17
BHPian

Sorry guys, I skipped Jog as I could start only by 5pm. Jog was supposed to be a stopover enroute to Goa. Since we started late, and it was raining, decided to take a break at Ranebannur instead.
luvurride is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2017, 00:18   #18
BHPian

Default Re: Bangalore to Jog Falls - Route, experiences

Hi Guys,

How's the flow at Jog falls now? Based on your inputs will add it to my Hyderabad - Bangalore - Kodachari itinerary for this weekend (Aug 15th).

For now I am looking at these route Options and would appreciate if you guys can share some inputs. Plan is to leave early morning on Saturday (Aug 12th) from Bangalore.

Option 1:

Preferred one as Shivamogga is not the final destination. Have this in mind due to the Shivamogga - Jog route being beautiful to drive as per earlier reports and so plan to join that route at Harnahalli

Bangalore to Jog Falls - Route, experiences-blorechitrdurgadavangereharnahallisagarjogkodachari.jpg

Option 2:

Google gives this the default but misses out on the Shivamogga - Jog route

Bangalore to Jog Falls - Route, experiences-blorechitrdurgadavangerejog-falls-kodachari.jpg

Option 3:

Channagiri - Shivamogga doesn't seem to be done yet so not sure of this route.

Bangalore to Jog Falls - Route, experiences-blorechitrdurgashivmogasagarjogkodachari.jpg

Option 4:

Many seem to recommend this for Shivmogga destination but it not being the final destination, may avoid this unless feedback is to the contrary.

Bangalore to Jog Falls - Route, experiences-bloretumkurshivmoggajogkodachari.jpg

Return

Will cover Agumbe, Chikmagalur.

Bangalore to Jog Falls - Route, experiences-kodachariblore.jpg

Thanks in advance guys.
manas_270 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2017, 08:06   #19
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by manas_270 View Post
How's the flow at Jog falls now? Based on your inputs will add it to my Hyderabad - Bangalore - Kodachari itinerary for this weekend (Aug 15th).
If you are planning drive from Bangalore I would suggest the Shimoga option via CR Patna. It may be more on 2-lanes, but you would enjoy the drive.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2017, 12:52   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
If you are planning drive from Bangalore I would suggest the Shimoga option via CR Patna. It may be more on 2-lanes, but you would enjoy the drive.
Thanks ampere. Just to be sure, you mean this route?

Bangalore to Jog Falls - Route, experiences-blorechannarayapatnashimmogajogkodachari.jpg
Old 8th August 2017, 13:03   #21
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by manas_270 View Post
Thanks ampere. Just to be sure, you mean this route?
Yes.

For Kollur, you can also try: Shimoga-Ayyanur-Ripponpet-Hosanagara-Nagar-Nittur-Kollur
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2017, 13:20   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Yes.

For Kollur, you can also try: Shimoga-Ayyanur-Ripponpet-Hosanagara-Nagar-Nittur-Kollur
Thanks a lot for the quick response ampere.

Yes, if I am skipping Jog falls, the route you mentioned is what I would be taking. If Jog falls is included, may use the below route on return from Jog falls

Jog falls - Sagar - Hosanagar- Nagara- Kattinahole

Google though shows Jog falls - Sagar - Hosanadu (Sharavati Valley Sanctuary route)- Kattinahole which I am kind of skeptical since not sure how good the roads will be inside the Sanctuary during the rainy season as the road seem to have water crossings.
Old 9th August 2017, 16:09   #23
BHPian

Hi There,

I would recommend via CR Patna-Shimoga for Jog or Kollur.

This route is good due to decent and multiple options for rest and food.

Roads are good and scenic till Shimoga and fantastic beyond Shimoga during monsoon. All the drives in the region till you come back on BLR -MLR road are good.
aithalsandy is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote