Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 6th September 2010, 16:19   #1

Default Bangalore to Jog Falls - Route, experiences

Hello all,

I am starting this new thread as the existing ones are more than a year old. I am planning a trip from Bangalore to Jog falls this weekend and would appreciate your share of any recent experiences about the road conditions, route suggestions and one night accommodation nearby. Thanks and looking forward to suggestions. On my part, I will post a write up in the same thread about my experience.

Regards, Murali
sethu.murali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2010, 11:46   #2
Senior - BHPian

Murali,
Check the below thread for latest update
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...bangalore.html (Bangalore-Kollur-Sagar-Honavar-Murudeshwar-Bangalore)
sushrutha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2016, 23:01   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Bangalore to Jog Falls - Route, experiences

Reviving an old thread to post this Jog falls update. Had been to Jog Falls over the independence day weekend. Route taken was the CR Patna-Shimoga-Sagar route. The stretch from Arsikere to Shimoga was pretty busy due to the weekend traffic (due to my late start) and also noticed few bad patches. In short, did not turn out to be the relaxed drive I expected it to be. Shimoga- Sagar was brilliant, scenic and traffic free.

Stayed at Tip Top Residency which is located on the right side just before you reach Sagar town. Good clean rooms, decent service and good rates ( Rs 1800 for an AC double room). Only weird thing was the restaurant. Only one person who takes the order, does most of the cooking and also serves. And it was a north indian style restaurant with both veg and non veg. In addition, the hotel does not serve breakfast. For breakfast and pure veg option, you need to go out to a small hotel next to this one. Quite a weird setting. The food itself was pretty good. There is also another new hotel Green Embassy in Sagar. Looked good from outside.

Visited Jog the same evening. As expected was very crowded and was raining heavily. Water flow was not as much as I expected (couple of pics below).

On the 2nd day went to the Kollur Mookambika temple. Returned to Bangalore on Day 3. Initially planned to take the same route. Google indicated this route back. (Link)

Bangalore to Jog Falls - Route, experiences-sagarroute.jpg

Could not find any reports on the stretch from Sagar to the point where it joins the Pune-Bangalore Highway. In any case, decided to go ahead. No harm trying a new route .

Overall was a good decision. The road conditions were very good (apart from one 5 km stretch which was good but narrow and some slightly patchy sections in the one of the small towns in the stretch. Took approximately the same time and as reported elsewhere had to negotiate a lot of truck traffic and general weekend traffic on the highway.

Bangalore to Jog Falls - Route, experiences-img_20160813_171535.jpg

Bangalore to Jog Falls - Route, experiences-img_20160813_171522.jpg

Bangalore to Jog Falls - Route, experiences-img_20160813_173457.jpg

Couple of pics from the stretch between Sagar and the NH. Most of the route was like this. Landscape started changing as we approached the NH, but roads were good all through and traffic was minimal.

Bangalore to Jog Falls - Route, experiences-img_20160815_104600.jpg

Bangalore to Jog Falls - Route, experiences-img_20160815_104545.jpg

Last edited by Rajeevraj : 19th August 2016 at 23:03.
Rajeevraj is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote