Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 10th November 2015, 11:38   #61
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Default re: Mumbai to Shirdi : Route Queries

Visited Shirdi yesterday from Mumbai.
The driver of the cab we had hired was very familiar with the route and mentioned that the Ghoti-Sinnar bypass was best avoided so onward we took Nh3 to Nashik and then took the Nashik-pune road from where we took the shirdi bypass road. Excellent all the way and I would recommend this for now. We left Juhu at 4.55am and were at Shirdi by 8.50am with just a 10 minute break for tea on the way.
Very sedate driving, car was a Tavera and he never exceeded 90kmph anywhere.
We had breakfast at Sai Amrut right opposite the temple entrance. Peaceful parking at Rs.70 for 12 hours.
Crossed the road to enter the temple at 9.40am since I'd taken the online Darshan ticket for 9.30-11am slot turned out to be a great decision. We walked straight inside the temple complex and proceeded to the Shani Gate for VIP entrace. No crowd in this line and walked straight up to main entrance near the Prasad counter where the regular queue merges. From here it took about 30 minutes to get agood Darshan and we were back at the car park by 10.30am after visits to the smaller temples inside the complex and some quick souvenir shopping.
We decided to skip the visit to Shani Shignapur as we would get back very late in the evening, so left Shirdi around 11, took the Sinnar-ghoti bypass road.
The driver said we would get stuck in truck traffic inside Nasik so this would avoid that but a large section of the road would be bad, I guess he wanted to prove his point
And yes the last 15-18 km (out of 50 total) turned out to be a mixed bag of average, very bad and bad roads
I wouldn't recommend hatch back and low GC sedans to take this route. We managed as it was a Tavera.
More details on distances, our lunch break stop etc later.

Last edited by NPV : 10th November 2015 at 11:39.
NPV is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2015, 00:00   #62
BHPian

Default Re: Mumbai to Shirdi : Route Queries

Hi Guys, I'll be doing Indore - Matheran road trip over the weekend and need your inputs on the road conditions from Shahpur to Matheran. I understand that Indore to Shahpur is NH 3 and the road condition is brilliant, but I am totally unaware of the conditions there after.
k.sumit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2016, 09:01   #63
Senior - BHPian

Question Re: Mumbai to Shirdi : Route Queries

Bumping an old thread.

I am planning a quick run to Shirdi tomorrow and wanted to know the road conditions of the Ghoti-Sinnar bypass. Would it be wise to go via Nashik or use the bypass road. I am assuming the NH3 would be in a good condition.
ghodlur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2016, 09:33   #64
BHPian

Just been to Shirdi ten days back. The Ghoti Sinnar road is in excellent condition except for few potholes . Take this route! Om Sai Ram
docaxe is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2016, 12:52   #65
BHPian

Default Re: Mumbai to Shirdi : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by docaxe View Post
Just been to Shirdi ten days back. The Ghoti Sinnar road is in excellent condition except for few potholes . Take this route! Om Sai Ram
Can you or anyone please confirm if the below one is the best route

https://www.google.co.in/maps/dir/Go...19.7668633!3e0

Thanks
sudhir3127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2016, 18:44   #66
BHPian

Yes that's the route! Should take about 4-4.5hrs with breaks
docaxe is online now   Reply With Quote