Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 16th September 2010, 14:58   #1
BHPian
 
f1fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 693
Thanked: 41 Times
Default Need Advice...Where to go from Mumbai...Three days in hand?

Folks,
Need your help on this one.
I am planning on a family outing for three days (can stretch to four too if required) come first week of November (post Diwali).

Would like to know which all places I can visit in a 3 days time period. Pls note that I have already been to nearby places like
1. Mahabaleshwar/Panchgani
2. Ganapatipule
3. Goa
4. Harihareshwar/Shriwardhan
5. Dapoli
6. Lonavla/Khandala
7. Malshej

Hence would like to know apart from the ones listed above, is there any other place in Mumbai's vicinity where I can spend three days with family (Wifey + 2 kids)

Your advice would be highly appreciated.

Thanks
f1fan
f1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2010, 18:54   #2
Senior - BHPian
 
ASHISHPALLOD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: BRMT
Posts: 1,987
Thanked: 285 Times
Default

I don't see the names like malwan, vengurla., amboli, bhandardara in the list.
ASHISHPALLOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2010, 10:54   #3
Senior - BHPian
 
ASHISHPALLOD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: BRMT
Posts: 1,987
Thanked: 285 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1fan View Post
I have already been to nearby places like
1. Mahabaleshwar/Panchgani
2. Ganapatipule
3. Goa
4. Harihareshwar/Shriwardhan
5. Dapoli
6. Lonavla/Khandala
7. Malshej
Hence would like to know apart from the ones listed above, is there any other place in Mumbai's vicinity where I can spend three days with family (Wifey + 2 kids)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
I don't see the names like malwan, vengurla., amboli, bhandardara in the list.
As earlier mentioned, apart from malwan, vengurla, amboli, bhandardara, you can visit diveagar beach, matheran hill station, ajanta and ellora caves.

Post deepawali, its best time to head beach.
ASHISHPALLOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2010, 11:47   #4
Senior - BHPian
 
ac 427's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,332
Thanked: 114 Times
Default

lonar lake. serene. beautiful a good drive. try it out. from there you can go to aurangabad too. and there you check ajanta elora caves.
ac 427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2010, 11:59   #5
BHPian
 
f1fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 693
Thanked: 41 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
As earlier mentioned, apart from malwan, vengurla, amboli, bhandardara, you can visit diveagar beach, matheran hill station, ajanta and ellora caves.

Post deepawali, its best time to head beach.
Ashish Bhau: The list that I have mentioned is of the places that I have already visited, hence wanted to visit some new place.
I have also been to Bhandardara and Diveagar earlier (sorry forgot mentioning them earlier in my list)
Cant visit Matheran as my daughter is only 3 and walking would be nearly impossible with her.
Had a few questions:
1. Can I do an Aurangabad/Ajanta/Ellora trip in 3 days?
2. Just googled and noticed that Vengurla is approx 500+ kms which would take a good part of a day to go and one day to drive back hence leaving me just a day there, hence doesn't look feasible.
3. How is Amboli i.e. is it worth visiting?

Beach trips is a big hit with the kids, hence any new beach is ok with me

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac 427 View Post
lonar lake. serene. beautiful a good drive. try it out. from there you can go to aurangabad too. and there you check ajanta elora caves.
Can all this be done in three day?
f1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2010, 12:12   #6
Senior - BHPian
 
ac 427's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,332
Thanked: 114 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1fan View Post
Can all this be done in three day?
easily...with time to spare

cheers,
ac
ac 427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2010, 12:45   #7
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 72
Thanked: 52 Times
Default

Hello f1fan

You can also try Dandeli (in case your options are not limted to beach ONLY).

Enjoy your drive and vacation (am jealous )
sandip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2010, 16:07   #8
BHPian
 
f1fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 693
Thanked: 41 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandip View Post
Hello f1fan

You can also try Dandeli (in case your options are not limted to beach ONLY).

Enjoy your drive and vacation (am jealous )
Nope, not limiting myself to beaches. BTW how far is Dandeli and what are the places to visit there?
f1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2010, 00:54   #9
SAS
BHPian
 
SAS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 287
Thanked: 60 Times
Default

Here's some more choices:
- Bordi (It's near Dahanu)
- Bhandardara (Approx 50 kms from Igatpuri)
- Alibaug
- Vengurla / Tarakali
SAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Three days in Valparai - Bliss! Bigzero Travelogues 98 15th June 2015 12:15
Three days in "The Wilderness" - My best Wildlife trip so far jacs Travelogues 155 2nd January 2014 15:44
M&M to roll out three new vehicles in three years safari_lover The Indian Car Scene 4 9th February 2013 12:16
Thekkady Vacation - Four days, three nights, two places, one family SafeDrive Travelogues 129 4th September 2010 19:32
Paris & Brussels in three days - Suggestions Please ashwinsid Route / Travel Queries 6 8th April 2010 08:13


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 03:51.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks