Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 12th March 2014, 13:57   #31
BHPian

Default Re: Gurgaon - Ranthambore

Thanks Stromerider ... I would most likely take Jaipur route.

Thanks for the revert Joy... I heard that patch after getting off from Yamuna Expressway to Bharatpur is not good. Considering that we would be driving in sedans, avoiding bad patches is priority....
gsachin21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2014, 15:09   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsachin21 View Post
Thanks Stromerider ... I would most likely take Jaipur route.

Thanks for the revert Joy... I heard that patch after getting off from Yamuna Expressway to Bharatpur is not good. Considering that we would be driving in sedans, avoiding bad patches is priority....
Which Sedan are you considering? The forest authorities were mending the road from the outer checkpost to the temple. Hence we even found humps of 6" (vertical edge of concrete road, they did not make a gradual ramp) and more inside the forest. drive carefully if you take your car inside.
stormerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2014, 15:14   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormerider View Post
Which Sedan are you considering? The forest authorities were mending the road from the outer checkpost to the temple. Hence we even found humps of 6" (vertical edge of concrete road, they did not make a gradual ramp) and more inside the forest. drive carefully if you take your car inside.
I would be driving ANF and in the convey there is a Verna (not the fludic)as well. thanks for the advice, will be careful.
gsachin21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2014, 19:14   #34
BHPian

Hi,
Could you please update the route you took for your trip and the condition. Any suggestions based on your experience.
I am planning to go there next weekend so thought of checking the best route.
Many thanks.

[/b][/b]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsachin21 View Post
Hi, visiting ranthambore this weekend by road (self drive) from Delhi. Has anyone done this stretch lately, want to check on the road conditions. Last when I went in 2010 roads were in bad shape, had taken alwar-dausa-lalsot route (dausa-lalsot was in particular pretty bad)
i_nv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2014, 11:08   #35
BHPian

Hi, I just went to Ranthambore last week. I took the Gurgaon-Ajmer-Dausa-Lalsot-Sawai Madhopur route. 95% of the road is in very good condition, and I strongly recommend this route.

We did the drive in 6.5 hours and it was an enjoyable drive.
kewlferrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2014, 09:56   #36
Senior - BHPian

Anyone done New Delhi-Ranthambore recently. Need an update on condition of roads...

Name:  Route Choices  Ranthambore.jpg
Views: 1700
Size:  159.1 KB
Route Option A) > New Delhi-Jaipur (NH-8), Jaipur-Bassi-Lalsot-Sawai Madhopur
Route Option B) > New Delhi-Bhiwadi (NH-8), Bhiwadi-Alwar-Bamanpura-Dausa-Lalsot-Sawai Madhopur
Route Option C) > New Delhi-Mathura (YEW), Mathura-Bharatpur-Bayana-Gangapur (SH 1) , Left on SH 24, Sawai Madhopur.
joybhowmik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2015, 23:58   #37
BHPian

Hello, I will be driving from Delhi to Bundi via Tonk in the coming week. Has anyone done these sections lately? I will highly appreciate leads on best possible route, and road condition. Many thanks.
itinerant is offline   Reply With Quote