Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2010, 18:10   #16
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 167
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

Neo,
Have a nice trip.

Regards
naren_gs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2010, 17:54   #17
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Chetan_Rao's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,927
Thanked: 3,443 Times
Arrow Best Road Route from Bhopal/Indore to Bangalore

Hi,

I've been reading up on team-BHP for quite some time, but this is my first post.

I'm planning to drive down my car from Bhopal (MP) to Bangalore (KA) around mid-November. I need help with planning the route I need to take. The distance is about 1500 km approx, and I'm planning a 2-day drive, with one overnight stop. The car is a 2006 model Accent GLE.

Would appreciate if some of the experienced guys here can help out with this.

Last edited by Jaggu : 6th October 2010 at 18:02. Reason: Please use Search before opening a new thread and also post in relevant sub sections. Thanks
Chetan_Rao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2010, 19:04   #18
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 25
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Chetan,
I did my recent trip from Bhopal to Nagpur on 30th September on a Civic. I definitely suggest you not to take this stretch, maybe from Bhopal to Hoshangabad was an ok road with here and there abouts heavily wide potholes, after this you'll face nightmare through Itarsi (forest ghat roads) its all huge craters lying up ahead to Betul, after Betul its pretty ok road with sometimes few potholes which you can evade and keeps good till you reach Nagpur. Nagpur to Hinganghat (incase you plan to drive via Hyderabad to Bangalore) seems an ok to fine road, until you come to a section of around 30kms to AP border, its like all hell freezes. You get a good surface of 2-3kms and then suddenly the road disappears, there is no shoulder, you look out for the road, when its already not in existence, but since you are saying November, a little good has been happening, few of them have started to some repair work inorder for the traffic doesn't get jammed. From AP border its a quite a bliss drive to Hyderabad, Adilabad-Nirmal is four laned, Nirmal-Nizamabad byepass(railway crossing with huge speed breakers, be sure you don't hit the bottom) is 2 laned. From here on its a four laned all the way to Hyderabad. Depends on your stay in Hyderabad or want to byepass you can go through the Hyderabad-Bangalore thread, but in short i can tell of my recent trip from Bangalore to Hyderabad in September, except the 20kms of single road, in which you encounter two railway crossings, but its an ok road for any vehicle, the whole stretch is quite an awesome pleasant stretch. You have go through Gooty town, since the byepass is still under construction, but i can assure you instead of so many heavy rains around even in those regions, the roads have been maintained, i don't think of any of littlest pothole on the four lane from Hyderabad-Bangalore. Since there is some time for you to hit the highway, i'm sure you will get some good updates more ahead.
scorpydave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2010, 21:32   #19
Senior - BHPian
 
pjbiju's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Karamattom, Aluva, Kotagiri, Yercaud, Hospet, Indore, Nashik, Pune (now)
Posts: 1,178
Thanked: 460 Times
Default

Neo have you decided the date of your travel? I will be driving to Indore from Pune for Diwali (most probably last week of Oct).

To get to the Nashik Highway from Chandini Chowk take the following route:
Chandini Chowk to Pashan Circle ->TR->University Chowk->TL->Bremen Chowk->TR->Ambedkar Chowk->TL->Harris Bridge->TR->Old Pune-Mumbai Highway->TL->Nashik Phata. At Nashik Phata turn right.

You can easily do it in the morning. I can send you the distances later if you need.

I am also planning to try out the NH3 route this time since I have always used the Aurangabad->Burhanpur route for my previous trips.

-Biju
pjbiju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2010, 15:12   #20
BHPian
 
neo45007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 226
Thanked: 31 Times
Default

@ Biju : I will be starting on 29th or 30th morning from Bangalore. Exact date not known yet. I will let you know, if you plan to leave around same time/day. (May be we can go till Indore driving together).

@Chetan : You must take Indore - Pune - Bangalore route. I dont expect Nagpur- Bhopal stretch to get better so soon.
neo45007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2010, 18:39   #21
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Chetan_Rao's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,927
Thanked: 3,443 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpydave View Post
Chetan,
I did my recent trip from Bhopal to Nagpur on 30th September on a Civic. I definitely suggest you not to take this stretch, maybe from Bhopal to Hoshangabad was an ok road with here and there abouts heavily wide potholes, after this you'll face nightmare through Itarsi (forest ghat roads) its all huge craters lying up ahead to Betul, after Betul its pretty ok road with sometimes few potholes which you can evade and keeps good till you reach Nagpur. Nagpur to Hinganghat (incase you plan to drive via Hyderabad to Bangalore) seems an ok to fine road, until you come to a section of around 30kms to AP border, its like all hell freezes. You get a good surface of 2-3kms and then suddenly the road disappears, there is no shoulder, you look out for the road, when its already not in existence, but since you are saying November, a little good has been happening, few of them have started to some repair work inorder for the traffic doesn't get jammed. From AP border its a quite a bliss drive to Hyderabad, Adilabad-Nirmal is four laned, Nirmal-Nizamabad byepass(railway crossing with huge speed breakers, be sure you don't hit the bottom) is 2 laned. From here on its a four laned all the way to Hyderabad. Depends on your stay in Hyderabad or want to byepass you can go through the Hyderabad-Bangalore thread, but in short i can tell of my recent trip from Bangalore to Hyderabad in September, except the 20kms of single road, in which you encounter two railway crossings, but its an ok road for any vehicle, the whole stretch is quite an awesome pleasant stretch. You have go through Gooty town, since the byepass is still under construction, but i can assure you instead of so many heavy rains around even in those regions, the roads have been maintained, i don't think of any of littlest pothole on the four lane from Hyderabad-Bangalore. Since there is some time for you to hit the highway, i'm sure you will get some good updates more ahead.
Thanks.

Most people I've spoken to are saying the same thing. The Route via Nagpur-Hyderabad is shorter compared to the one via. Pune by almost 250 kms, but the roads are horrible, esp. after the monsoons. Looks like I'll stick with the Pune route. Any idea about making overnight stops? Any good reasonable motels along the way or would it be best to stay in town for the night?

P.S. I'm unable to wrap my head around the multi-quote function, so couldn't quote all replies. Anyway, thanks all who replied.
Chetan_Rao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2010, 10:58   #22
Senior - BHPian
 
pjbiju's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Karamattom, Aluva, Kotagiri, Yercaud, Hospet, Indore, Nashik, Pune (now)
Posts: 1,178
Thanked: 460 Times
Default

Does anyone know if the bypass for Dhule on NH3 is completed or not?

Also what about the route Pune->Shirdi (via Ahmadnagar or Sangamner)->Manmad->NH3 (at Malegoan Bypass) instead of taking Pune->Nashik->NH3? The Pune->Shirdi route would be slightly shorter (I think) and is the route taken by buses going to Indore from Pune. Is the Pune - Nashik road in good condition after the monsoon?

Has 4-laning been completed all the way till Ahmadnagar? There was work going on at some places even last year. Also road widening work was going on from Nagar to Shirdi. Has that been completed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Looks like I'll stick with the Pune route. Any idea about making overnight stops? Any good reasonable motels along the way or would it be best to stay in town for the night?
You can stay at Ginger Hotel on NH4 in Pune. A good hotel, on the highway which will make it easy for you to start off for Bangalore early the next morning.

-Biju

Last edited by pjbiju : 8th October 2010 at 11:07.
pjbiju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2010, 11:15   #23
Senior - BHPian
 
ranjitp1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 3,617
Thanked: 1,723 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjbiju View Post
Also road widening work was going on from Nagar to Shirdi. Has that been completed?
Nagar to Shirdi is 4 laned now.Road is ok,not excellent,especially 20kms before Shirdi it is potholed,otherwise road is ok.
ranjitp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2010, 11:35   #24
Senior - BHPian
 
pjbiju's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Karamattom, Aluva, Kotagiri, Yercaud, Hospet, Indore, Nashik, Pune (now)
Posts: 1,178
Thanked: 460 Times
Default

Thanks ranjitp1 for the information.

@HVK and others.
Are there good petrol pumps on NH3 after Nashik towards Dhule? Also are there any good petrol pumps near Nashik on the Pune -> Nashik route?

How is the road condition between Dhule and Aurangabad? If this section is good, I think the best route to Indore from Pune would be Pune->Aurangabad (4 laned)->Dhule (2 lane)->Indore (4 lane completed? I know it was completed between Kalghat and Indore).

-Biju

Last edited by pjbiju : 14th October 2010 at 11:39.
pjbiju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2010, 12:28   #25
Senior - BHPian
 
hvkumar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 7,369
Thanked: 3,354 Times
Default

Yes, lots of fuel pumps en route.
No update on the Aurangabad-Dhule road.
Dhule-Indore road is good, 4-laned from MP border onwards.
hvkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2010, 19:57   #26
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 167
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

For Pune - Indore, I may prefer via Nagar-Aurangabad-Jalgaon-Bhusawal-Edlabad-Burhanpur. Roads are excellent all the way. Only issue is speed breakers in MP villages!
Via Dhule is not so bad - but Nagar-Shirdi & Dhule-Khalghat is not a good experience at all (I did this route as recently as OCT 2009). Moreover got stuck in Dhule bypass. And the narrow bridges around MP border at times block you for hours.

Last edited by naren_gs1 : 14th October 2010 at 20:02.
naren_gs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2010, 20:23   #27
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 167
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

If you eventually decide to go via Pune-Nager, pls refer to http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post2056560 for a good way to cross from Pune on to Nagar road.
naren_gs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2010, 18:54   #28
BHPian
 
neo45007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 226
Thanked: 31 Times
Default Alternate Plan

Through I have almost decided to take BNG - PUNE - INDORE - BHOPAL route (With halt at Pune); I am thinking of an alternative plan.

i.e. NH7 : BNG - HYDBD - NGPUR (NAGPUR - BHOPAL I may do by train; since roads are bad around Itarsi)

Now, detailed alternative plan :-
  • Start from Bangalore at 1 PM & reach Hydbad by 10 PM (Halt).
  • Start from Hydbad next day by 6 AM and reach Nagpur by 2 PM. (Halt)
Need info / help :-
  1. Any good hotels (Budget) in Hyd on NH7 or on my route ?
  2. Next day early morning, how do I bypass or go through Hyd city ?
neo45007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2010, 12:24   #29
Senior - BHPian
 
cool_dube's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,183
Thanked: 368 Times
Default

Latest updates from a relative of mine who is driving down from Bhopal to Nagpur today - roads are TERRIBLE all the way from Bhopal to Betul. It took him almost 5 hours to cover the 180 km stretch in a Scorpio!! Looks like MP roads are back to their original reputation
cool_dube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2010, 16:21   #30
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 5
Thanked: 2 Times
Default Staying options in Pune

Long time avid reader of the forum here.
Finally embarking on Bangalore to indore.
I got the route information this thread only.
Starting 4 AM tomorrow 30 Oct.Planning to Halt in Pune.
Are there any recommended lodging options in Pune ?
Along the route would be preferable.

Thanks
MSMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bhopal-Ajanta-Ellora-Mahabaleshwar-Konkan-Shirdi-Bhopal columbus Route / Travel Queries 28 6th October 2015 17:30
We are Rockin GOA !!! 02 Oct 09 - 05 Oct 2009 swiftnfurious Travelogues 14 19th November 2009 16:28
I will be in Jaipur EDIT: 11th Oct to 22nd Oct 2009.. Like to meet TBHPians there. dushmish The Team-BHP Meet Section 8 8th October 2009 10:49
Bangalore Vahan Yatra 2005 from 7th Oct to 16th Oct protege Shifting gears 10 21st September 2005 02:00


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 01:10.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks