Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 28th June 2011, 23:28   #46
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Bangalore to Bhopal (Oct'10) - Which route ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommie View Post
One of my friend has asked to post this on the forum as he is planning to travel and does not have access to team-bhp.

I am planning to leave on 30th June 2011.

I am planning a road trip from Bangalore to Kota, Rajasthan.

Following are the possible option.
1. Bangalore -> {Hospet -> Bijapur -> Sholapur } (via NH13) -> { Aurangabad -> Dhule} (via NH 211) -> Indore (via NH3) -> Kota
2. Bangalore -> Hyderabad -> Nagpur -> Indore or Bhopal -> Kota
3. Bangalore -> Pune -> Nashik -> Malegaon -> Dhule -> Indore (via NH3) -> Kota

I would like to know which one is the best in terms of road conditions and distance. In case there are other better option please let me know. I prefer #1 but
heard NH13 from Hospet to Sholapur is not in good condition. Also road in Maharashtra are not that great.
All routes have good and bad roads.
But I would avoid Route #1, as NH13 is being widened and is in bad shape.
To go to KOta, you do not have to go to Kota. If you take Route #2, you can go direct from Indore via Ujjain, Agar & Jhalawar.
Do not take NH3 north of Indore, it is very very messy during rains.

Approaching Indore on NH3 means navigating some roads under widening between Dhulia and MP border.

Another route would be to go via Indore, Ratlam, Neemuch & Chittorgarh.
hvkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2011, 23:36   #47
Team-BHP Support

The route via Nagpur-Ujjan-Jhalawar should be the best and also the most optimized.
HVK how is the Agar-Jhalawar section?
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2011, 23:38   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
The route via Nagpur-Ujjan-Jhalawar should be the best and also the most optimized.
HVK how is the Agar-Jhalawar section?
One of our friends went on it recently - Mercedised, I think - and he said road was fantatsic
hvkumar is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2011, 23:47   #49
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
One of our friends went on it recently - Mercedised, I think - and he said road was fantatsic
I remember about his post on NH79 (I think with reference to Jaipur-Omkareshwar).
If the road via Jhalawar is good then nothing like it.
Old 29th August 2014, 18:09   #50
Distinguished - BHPian

Planning a Bangalore - Bhopal road-trip this November (after festival season). The last one planned a few years ago didn't materialize for various reasons, so it's a long-standing itch now

I'm thinking Bangalore - Pune - Bhopal would be ideal, given Pune is halfway and can stop overnight there.

Route suggestions/comments please?
Chetan_Rao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2014, 19:05   #51
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Route suggestions/comments please?
Quite possible. End to end good roads. Till Pune, I dont have to say anything.

Beyond Pune:

Pune-Nagar-Shirdi-Khopargaon-Malagaon-Dhule-Indore-Dewas-Bhopal.

Good roads but for the section around Shirdi. Around 40-50km around Shirdi would be quite bad. To clear past Shirdi, you will need a very early start from Pune.

Any reasons why you would like to go via Pune and not the regular route via Nagpur?

Last edited by ampere : 29th August 2014 at 19:07.
Old 29th August 2014, 21:39   #52
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Quite possible. End to end good roads. Till Pune, I dont have to say anything.

Beyond Pune:

Pune-Nagar-Shirdi-Khopargaon-Malagaon-Dhule-Indore-Dewas-Bhopal.

Good roads but for the section around Shirdi. Around 40-50km around Shirdi would be quite bad. To clear past Shirdi, you will need a very early start from Pune.

Any reasons why you would like to go via Pune and not the regular route via Nagpur?
Primarily because I'd heard good feedback of the roads on the route via Pune, and there's a Ginger Hotel reportedly right off the highway so would be convenient to stay overnight and make an early start the next morning.

How are the roads on the Nagpur route? Good roads my primary criteria, so much so I'm willing to travel and extra couple hundred kms if it means better roads and a relaxed drive.
Old 29th August 2014, 21:51   #53
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
How are the roads on the Nagpur route? Good roads my primary criteria, so much so I'm willing to travel and extra couple hundred kms if it means better roads and a relaxed drive.
Beyond Nagpur I dont have much of an idea around Betul. But yes Pune option is quite good. Just get a very early start to beat the Pune-Nagar-Shirdi traffic. Thats the worst (A level worse than Bangalore Mysore!). If you can get past that 200km section by 8AM, I think you would good.
Old 29th August 2014, 22:38   #54
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Beyond Nagpur I dont have much of an idea around Betul. But yes Pune option is quite good. Just get a very early start to beat the Pune-Nagar-Shirdi traffic. Thats the worst (A level worse than Bangalore Mysore!). If you can get past that 200km section by 8AM, I think you would good.
I'm thinking I'll do this:

Day 1:
BLR - Hubli - Pune (Start from BLR 5AM, target reaching Hubli before noon, lunch break and then drive non-stop to Pune, target reaching by 7-8PM).

Day 2:

Pune - Nashik - Indore - Bhopal (Start at 5AM, reach BPL by night. I know the Indore-BPL stretch intimately so won't mind driving through the evening).

Day 2 is where I have doubts. Is there a way to avoid passing Shirdi? A slightly longer go-around? If not, is 5AM good enough or should I start earlier? Also, are the roads around Shirdi bad too, or is it just the traffic?

How about Pune - Aurangabad - Dhule?

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 29th August 2014 at 22:45.
Old 29th August 2014, 23:37   #55

Quote:
Primarily because I'd heard good feedback of the roads on the route via Pune, and there's a Ginger Hotel reportedly right off the highway so would be convenient to stay overnight and make an early start the next morning.

I drove through the nagpur bhopal stretch last month.Nagpur betul part is four laned and an absolute pleasure to drive.All major towns pandhurna,savner,multai and betul have been bypassed.This 180 km stretch can be easily done in 2 hours.Betul to bhopal is the same old 2 lane road.Betul to itarsi is a mix of ok and good roads.The pain comes when u cross itarsi specially the itarsi hoshnagabad stretch.This 20km part could take u almost an hour to cross.Once u get through hoshangabad there used to be a traffic jam 9 out of 10 times when u crossed budni because of a busy railway crossing but now that's history because of a newly constructed overbridge.So the hoshangabad bhopal stretch can be easily done in 2 hours.It would be better if u do the itarsi bhopal stretch in daylight.
anupam084 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2014, 23:41   #56
BHPian

Quote:
I'm thinking I'll do this:

Day 1:
BLR - Hubli - Pune (Start from BLR 5AM, target reaching Hubli before noon, lunch break and then drive non-stop to Pune, target reaching by 7-8PM).

Day 2:

Pune - Nashik - Indore - Bhopal (Start at 5AM, reach BPL by night. I know the Indore-BPL stretch intimately so won't mind driving through the evening).

Day 2 is where I have doubts. Is there a way to avoid passing Shirdi? A slightly longer go-around? If not, is 5AM good enough or should I start earlier? Also, are the roads around Shirdi bad too, or is it just the traffic?

How about Pune - Aurangabad - Dhule?
My suggestion is that you take the Hyderabad - Nagpur - Bhopal route. You can easily do Bangalore to Nagpur on day 1 and Nagpur to Bhopal on day 2. If you have any concerns on Hyderabad's traffic, you have a nice ORR towards Nagpur highway, thus avoiding the city traffic.

You can go through the below link for the recent updates on the condition of the road from Nagpur to Bhopal.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...-bhopal-2.html
JoseVijay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2014, 23:43   #57
Senior - BHPian

Bangalore-Hyderabad-Nagpur-Bhopal is the fastest route. If you start earlier like 3AM you can negotiate the 50 km on bad sections on NH7 in daylight and reach Nagpur. That'll leave you just 7-8 hour drive to Bhopal.

Nagpur-Savner-Chindwara-Pipariya-Obaidulahganj-Bhopal is the recommended route for Nagpur-Bhopal.

Bangalore-Pune-Bhopal will adds its own share of bad sections. Satara-Pune, 25 km to Shirdi
narayans80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2014, 00:10   #58
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseVijay View Post
My suggestion is that you take the Hyderabad - Nagpur - Bhopal route. You can easily do Bangalore to Nagpur on day 1 and Nagpur to Bhopal on day 2. If you have any concerns on Hyderabad's traffic, you have a nice ORR towards Nagpur highway, thus avoiding the city traffic.

You can go through the below link for the recent updates on the condition of the road from Nagpur to Bhopal.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...-bhopal-2.html
Last update (Aug 2014) on that thread points to concerns on the Betul-Bhopal stretch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
Bangalore-Hyderabad-Nagpur-Bhopal is the fastest route. If you start earlier like 3AM you can negotiate the 50 km on bad sections on NH7 in daylight and reach Nagpur. That'll leave you just 7-8 hour drive to Bhopal.

Nagpur-Savner-Chindwara-Pipariya-Obaidulahganj-Bhopal is the recommended route for Nagpur-Bhopal.

Bangalore-Pune-Bhopal will adds its own share of bad sections. Satara-Pune, 25 km to Shirdi
Agreed fastest route is via Nagpur, but there are concerns about the road conditions. Also, I'll be on vacation, so not necessarily in a hurry to take the fastest/shortest route.

Good roads is my main criteria. I know there will be bad stretches, so all I can hope for is take the route with the least bad patches.

If I do take the longer Pune route, would it make sense to bypass the Shirdi route by going via Ahmednagar - Aurangabad - Dhule? According to MapMyIndia routing, the road forks at Ahmednagar, one route towards Shirdi and the other onwards to Aurangabad.

Thanks for all the responses so far.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 30th August 2014 at 00:12.
Old 20th April 2016, 14:47   #59
RCD
BHPian

I am considering driving to Indore from Bangalore for a conference in July along with a couple of roadie friends.

I have driven the Bangalaore-Hyderabad-Nagpur stretch twice last year when going to Kanha and again while driving to Ladakh. I do the Bangalore-Nagpur stretch in 15 hours.

My questions are :

1. If taking the same route, how much longer would it take to reach Indore from Nagpur and what is the best route. Can it be done in another 5 hours ( 20 in all ) ?

2. Would it be better to go to Pune and then drive towards Nasik, Dhule , to Indore ? I have driven on the Bangalore Pune road more times than I can count using my fingers. Have also done the terrible drive through Pune-to reach Nasik phata and on to Nasik . Have also driven to Ajanta and Ellora caves from Nasik in 2013 so was wondering if it would be better to drive from Satara towards Aurangabad and then on toward Dhule and Indore instead of doing the Pune stretch ? How long would this route take ? I drive from Bangalore to south Mumbai in 15 hours. What are the roads like ?

I want to know which would be the faster route to take and approximately how long will it take ?

thanks & regards,

RCD

Quote:
Originally Posted by neo45007 View Post
Hi Friends,

I am planning for Bangalore - Bhopal drive in Oct (3rd/4th week).

Mostly travelling alone (Ritz Vxi) & no night driving (Will drive any day only from 3 AM to 9 PM max.)

Possible Routes:

1) Bangalore - Hydbad - Nagpur - Betul - Itarsi - Bhopal
  • Bangalore - Nagpur roads are fine. (Except 50-60 Kms around Maha border)
  • Possible to do BNG - NGP in 17-18 hours (with or without break at Hyd)
  • Roads from Betul - Bhopal are bad.
2) Bangalore - Pune - Nashik - Dhule - Indore - Bhopal
  • Bangalore - Pune roads are good / excellent
  • Break journey at Pune / Nashik
  • No idea about Pune - Indore Road condition
3) Bangalore - Pune - A'Nagar - Aurangabad - Barhanpur - Khandwa - Indore - Bhopal
  • No idea about roads from A'nagar onwards.
Suggestions required :-
  • Best Route ? (Shortest Time)
  • Expected travel time (Aprox). ?
  • Any hotels on way (For stay / food) ?
RCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2016, 14:23   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCD View Post
I am considering driving to Indore from Bangalore for a conference in July along with a couple of roadie friends.

I have driven the Bangalaore-Hyderabad-Nagpur stretch twice last year when going to Kanha and again while driving to Ladakh. I do the Bangalore-Nagpur stretch in 15 hours.

My questions are :

1. If taking the same route, how much longer would it take to reach Indore from Nagpur and what is the best route. Can it be done in another 5 hours ( 20 in all ) ?

2. Would it be better to go to Pune and then drive towards Nasik, Dhule , to Indore ? I have driven on the Bangalore Pune road more times than I can count using my fingers. Have also done the terrible drive through Pune-to reach Nasik phata and on to Nasik . Have also driven to Ajanta and Ellora caves from Nasik in 2013 so was wondering if it would be better to drive from Satara towards Aurangabad and then on toward Dhule and Indore instead of doing the Pune stretch ? How long would this route take ? I drive from Bangalore to south Mumbai in 15 hours. What are the roads like ?

I want to know which would be the faster route to take and approximately how long will it take ?

thanks & regards,

RCD
Nagpur to Bhopal is 5 to 6 hrs. The roads from Betul to Bhopal are not great. Bhopal Indore is an excellent expressway. Can be done under 3 hrs.

Pune - Indore can be done in 9 hrs.
columbus is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote