Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 18th January 2012, 12:49   #16
BHPian

Default Re: 3 Drivers , Pune To Delhi - 1 day Possible ?

In case anyone wishes to attempt this stunt in the future, I would say that taking NH8 is the wrong way to attack this problem. The way to do it is via NH3. It took me 21 hours on a Bike to ride(solo) from Pune to Jhansi. The distance is equivalent to Pune - Gwalior. This was almost a year back. The roads are in much better condition now as compared.

Gwalior - Delhi is another 330odd km via NH3(till Agra) and then Yamuna Expressway (till Noida) With 3 drivers, IMO, it is definitely doable in 25-26 hours tops (including food / pee pee breaks but no night halts, I even took power-nap breaks ). Heck I would do it on the bike in that time. Cars are supposed to be faster than a bike on the highway.
antz.bin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2012, 12:55   #17
Team-BHP Support

Why don't you use Pune, Maharashtra, India to New Delhi, Delhi, India - Google Maps

Pune->Lebad -> Ajmer -> Jaipur.

The Lebad -> Jaipur route is what I have been told is the best way to get to Delhi from Hyderabad.
That highway (NH79) is said to be in very good shape.
bblost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2012, 13:29   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by antz.bin View Post
Gwalior - Delhi is another 330odd km via NH3(till Agra) and then Yamuna Expressway (till Noida) With 3 drivers, IMO, it is definitely doable in 25-26 hours tops (including food / pee pee breaks but no night halts, I even took power-nap breaks ). Heck I would do it on the bike in that time. Cars are supposed to be faster than a bike on the highway.
The Yamuna Expressway is not yet open! It is still a long way from being completed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Why don't you use Pune, Maharashtra, India to New Delhi, Delhi, India - Google Maps

Pune->Lebad -> Ajmer -> Jaipur.

The Lebad -> Jaipur route is what I have been told is the best way to get to Delhi from Hyderabad.
That highway (NH79) is said to be in very good shape.
To get to Lebad, avoid the road from Indore, take off NH3 from Mhow bypass and go via Pitampura to Lebad. Road condition is bad between Neemuch & Chittorgarh. You do not have to touch Ajmer on this route, you go direct from Chittorgarh to Kishangarh via Bhilwara & Nasirabad.
hvkumar is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2012, 13:41   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
The Yamuna Expressway is not yet open! It is still a long way from being completed.
Oops! Tell that to Google maps!! Alternately, How bad is Agra-Delhi non expressway(NH2?)

BTW.. @bblost Word of advice.. never do Pune - Nasik if you don't wish to end up AT Nasik! Thats officially the worst road you can take in the middle of a 1000km long journey. The way to do it is Pune - Ahmednagar - Shirdi - Manmad - NH3 all the way. I would ALWAYS prefer this route over Pune - Nasik even though Nasik is my hometown and I know my way around the town.

Alternate route(s)

Pune, Maharashtra, India to New Delhi, Delhi, India - Google Maps (1404km)

Pune, Maharashtra, India to New Delhi, Delhi, India - Google Maps (1450km)
antz.bin is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2012, 13:48   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Oops! Tell that to Google maps!! Alternately, How bad is Agra-Delhi non expressway(NH2?)
Yes, Google Maps has been wrongly showing this road even though it is incomplete.

NH2 is very congested. You may face jams in Agra city and also crossing the region, although it is no problem in the night.

Quote:
BTW.. @bblost Word of advice.. never do Pune - Nasik if you don't wish to end up AT Nasik! Thats officially the worst road you can take in the middle of a 1000km long journey. The way to do it is Pune - Ahmednagar - Shirdi - Manmad - NH3 all the way. I would ALWAYS prefer this route over Pune - Nasik even though Nasik is my hometown and I know my way around the town.
NH3 through Nashik is being widened and sees big traffic jams. I am sure that the Dwaraka Circle must also be choked up.
hvkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2012, 15:51   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
Yes, Google Maps has been wrongly showing this road even though it is incomplete.

NH2 is very congested. You may face jams in Agra city and also crossing the region, although it is no problem in the night.

NH3 through Nashik is being widened and sees big traffic jams. I am sure that the Dwaraka Circle must also be choked up.
Actually not only that, but the fact that the traffic on the Nasik - Pune NH50 is extremely bad and my best timing on that road is somewhere around 4.5 hours both on the Civic and the Logan. Testimony to this is the fact that I have done the same road in 2hours 40/50 minutes on the bike (which doesn't get stuck much in traffic) maany times. By comparison, on the Pune - Shirdi - NH3 route, by the time its 4.5 hours, you will be somewhere in the vicinity of Dhule.
antz.bin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2012, 15:58   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Doable.Did this route recently,though not in one stretch.

Udp-Jaipur is 7 hours under best conditions.Take the NH76-79 4 lane GQ.
Udaipur - Jaipur is 4.5 hours under moderate speeds. Did it twice a few months back. Almost agree with rest of your time durations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daredeviljpr View Post
Thank you for the response. I would not prefer driving at night after 9 pm unless I am just an hours distance from Jaipur.
Does no -one go through the travelogues?

Have put up a detailed travelogue when I did Pune - Delhi - Pune last october, would suggest you to go through it, atleast the first post where I have given the statistics and details. Return trip from Delhi was 26 hours, non-stop. We did not overspeed on the return trip at all.

Rajasthan roads are extremely doable at night as the truck traffic goes down too. However if you have the time, then do take a break. There are several hotels, but the most economical are the RJ tourism hotels. Look up their website. If you leave early (3-4 a.m.) enough from Pune, you can reach Udaipur by late evening.

Quote:
I believe entering and getting out of Mumbai would be a struggle as I am totally new to Mumbai. I have Garmin with SatNav maps and believe that would help me go along the routes suggest by hvkumar and navigate me thru Mumbai.
Look up HVK's log books or his posts on this forum - almost a third of his posts are clarifications on mumbai bypass route
ninjatalli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2012, 16:07   #23
BHPian

Cool Re: 3 Drivers , Pune To Delhi - 1 day Possible ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Does no -one go through the travelogues?

Have put up a detailed travelogue when I did Pune - Delhi - Pune last october, would suggest you to go through it, atleast the first post where I have given the statistics and details. Return trip from Delhi was 26 hours, non-stop. We did not overspeed on the return trip at all.

Rajasthan roads are extremely doable at night as the truck traffic goes down too. However if you have the time, then do take a break. There are several hotels, but the most economical are the RJ tourism hotels. Look up their website. If you leave early (3-4 a.m.) enough from Pune, you can reach Udaipur by late evening.

Look up HVK's log books or his posts on this forum - almost a third of his posts are clarifications on mumbai bypass route

Ninjatalli,

He would have gone through your travelogue (The F1 Roadtrip : Pune to Noida), if you had published it before October 2010 and NOT in Nov. 2011.

Cheers!
Irish

Last edited by Irish : 18th January 2012 at 16:13. Reason: inserted hyperlink
Irish is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2012, 16:55   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish View Post
Ninjatalli,

He would have gone through your travelogue (The F1 Roadtrip : Pune to Noida), if you had published it before October 2010 and NOT in Nov. 2011.

Cheers!
Irish
Oops. That was quite a bummer from my end.

Thanks for clarifying.
ninjatalli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2012, 09:22   #25
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
If you are coming from Gwalior towards Agra, getting on to the NH2 and passing the city is a big difficulty.
The whole of NH2 from Sikandra signal to Bhagwan theater is one big choked location by trucks coming on the NH2.

It would be good take the by-pass. But I have no idea of the status of the road.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2012, 09:27   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
If you are coming from Gwalior towards Agra, getting on to the NH2 and passing the city is a big difficulty.
The whole of NH2 from Sikandra signal to Bhagwan theater is one big choked location by trucks coming on the NH2.

It would be good take the by-pass. But I have no idea of the status of the road.
Currently, the Agra bypass is in a good condition.
hvkumar is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote