Team-BHP - Is it safe to travel on 24th Sep 2010? EDIT: Date Deferred to 30-Sept.
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Route / Travel Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/)
-   -   Is it safe to travel on 24th Sep 2010? EDIT: Date Deferred to 30-Sept. (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/89353-safe-travel-24th-sep-2010-edit-date-deferred-30-sept.html)

Given that the Babri Masjid case verdict is pronounced on 24th Sep 2010, we are bound to see attacks by some religious fanatics. I am looking to travel on 24th night from Banglore to Chennai by train (Guwahati Express). I am hoping that the verdict might not have much of an effect in Tamil Nadu but not sure how it would be in Karnataka. Would it be safe to take up this travel, please advice.

I am put up in Indira nagar, given the situation which boarding point is best (in terms of safety) out of the three ... majestic, cantonment, KR puram ? Anybody else on the forum looking to do the same travel ?

Mods: Please move it to right section if posted wrongly.

There could be some rare instances of agitation, but my guess (and yes, it's a guess) is that the situation should be largely OK on the 24th. However when you are out, your family is going to be worried about your safety. If they are not too hyper, you can proceed with your plans. But if they are disturbed, you may want to reschedule your trip.

Please watch the situation during the day on the 24th and then decide whether to board the train that night.

Wish you a safe trip.

Quote:

Originally Posted by donarun (Post 2079609)
Given that the Babri Masjid case verdict is pronounced on 24th Sep 2010, we are bound to see attacks by some religious fanatics. I am looking to travel on 24th night from Banglore to Chennai by train (Guwahati Express). I am hoping that the verdict might not have much of an effect in Tamil Nadu but not sure how it would be in Karnataka. Would it be safe to take up this travel, please advice.

I am put up in Indira nagar, given the situation which boarding point is best (in terms of safety) out of the three ... majestic, cantonment, KR puram ? Anybody else on the forum looking to do the same travel ?

Mods: Please move it to right section if posted wrongly.

>>>

See the situation as it unfolds on the 24th, say by that evening, and then decide. Till that time, what you will get is speculation.

Regards

Quote:

Originally Posted by issigonis (Post 2080689)
>>>

See the situation as it unfolds on the 24th, say by that evening, and then decide. Till that time, what you will get is speculation.

Regards

Its always better to stay indoors on this day.

There is no point risking any untoward incidents.

Situation might get worse, have'nt we forgotten the way this issue flared up the whole of the country,crippling it for over a week.

some offices have declared half day tomorrow at employees discretion on account of potential havoc/ law and order scenarios.
hence it may be a good idea to follow discretion rather than valour.

By night it will be clear as to what the effects are. So you can decide accordingly.

IMO, there won't be major violence / damages, whatever is the judgement. However, small groups or roadside rouges may take adv and try things like stone-pelting, etc. That also will affect only road-travellers. There won't be any disturbances in train journey.

Quote:

Originally Posted by donarun (Post 2079609)
I am looking to travel on 24th night from Banglore to Chennai by train (Guwahati Express).

If at all any serious problems arise due to the verdict it will start before 6pm and the authorities themselves will decide to stop trains much before your boarding time(night).

Btw why is a DON worried about miscreants? Usually they have their own bodyguards right?
:) jus joking about the "don" in your username.

On a similar note, is it safe to bring your car to office tomorrow in Bangalore city ?

To be on the safer side, I am planning to observe BMTC Bus Day tomorrow. :D

Rohan

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daewood (Post 2080845)
Btw why is a DON worried about miscreants? Usually they have their own bodyguards right?
:) jus joking about the "don" in your username.

On a similar tone, why should a 'Dawood' be worried---just remove the 'e' in your handle and you'll know what i mean :uncontrol.

But hey, before I am accused of going OT, I plan to work from home tomorrow and have asked my kids not to go to school / college tomorrow. Just being proactive. After all, when we live in a country where hooligans can easily cause havoc, discretion is the better part of valour.

Verdict has been put off. So it should be safe to travel tomorrow.

Schools and colleges are closed tomorrow in Bangalore.
Yea, you can better stay in door rather than taking any chances. You never know , all of sudden some group will start creating violence and throw stones.

rohan_iitr : I would say car is safer option for you, instead of bus, because in case if they stop bus transport, you will be stranded. Either take your two wheeler, if you have or take the car.

In the past, we have seen violences many times for multiple causes, which disrupted the life badly.

-Ravi

Quote:

Originally Posted by H_Zoom (Post 2080936)
Verdict has been put off. So it should be safe to travel tomorrow.

Thanks, but what is the source of your information? Imagine putting it off after so many notifications from the PM's office in the newpapers.:Frustrati

Just read the news. so yes, its should be fine to travel tomorrow.
We have to resume this topic next week when the date is fixed ;)

SC defers Allahabad HC verdict on Ayodhya title suit till September 28 - The Times of India