Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 27th September 2010, 17:06   #1

Default Perambalur to Thanjavur and Bypassing Trichy

I need some help with directions/road conditions from Perambalur to Thanjavur. Google maps suggests to take SH27 all through - is the road good? How long would it take?

Also, from Thanjavur I'm planning to drive to Dindigul. The route I've planned is via Trichy. Are there good bypass roads at Trichy? If there are alternate routes which are better, I'd appreciate inputs.
natrajdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2010, 19:20   #2
Team-BHP Support

The road through Ariyalur is pretty bad. Thats why most folks want to go through Trichy so as to not use that SH.
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2010, 19:36   #3
BHPian

The road between trichy to Dhindugul is in bad shape at some of the areas. The 4 laning is in progress so you need to be cautious for oncoming traffic on the same lane and sudden detour to other side of the road.
ElantraGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2010, 20:33   #4

Thanks for the tips guys!

@ElantraGT: Mater fan?
natrajdr is offline   Reply With Quote