Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2012, 14:33   #61
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Kochi
Posts: 55
Thanked: 28 Times
Default Re: Suggestions needed for Honeymoon destinations in India

Would recommend just visit only one destination. For e.g. only Ooty or Only Kodai or only Srinagar or only Port Blair. Don't waste your precious time travelling from one place to another. Also, just stay at one place, soak in the atmosphere and get to know your partner. Don't waste time in travel. Sightseeing may be one of the agenda. Not THE agenda.
220kmph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2012, 16:15   #62
Senior - BHPian
 
DCEite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: NCR
Posts: 3,047
Thanked: 482 Times
Default Re: Suggestions needed for Honeymoon destinations in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by 220kmph View Post
Would recommend just visit only one destination. For e.g. only Ooty or Only Kodai or only Srinagar or only Port Blair. Don't waste your precious time travelling from one place to another. Also, just stay at one place, soak in the atmosphere and get to know your partner. Don't waste time in travel. Sightseeing may be one of the agenda. Not THE agenda.
Absolutely agree.

When we went for our honeymoon trip to Gangtok, we did not plan out to visit nearby places like Darjeeling/Kalimpong etc. We only visited places in and around Gangtok. Went to places like Tsomgo Lake/Rumtek monastry around Gangtok and Enchey Monastry, Namgyal institute, Mall road, within Gangtok.

Honeymoon is not the time to keep travelling from one place to another and extensive sightseeing.
DCEite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2015, 19:52   #63
BHPian
 
vjjustin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Cochin
Posts: 68
Thanked: 26 Times
Default Love is around the corner; need help on good honeymoon destinations and planning.

Friends,

I am getting married in February. We both, me and my sweet darling fiancée (Wow! ) love travelling. I am from Cochin, works in Bangalore and love driving. We are in the process of figuring out good locations where we can spend time just looking into each other’s eyes and doing what not ().

Being from Cochin-Kerala, the basic idea is to explore God’s own country in single/multiple day trips spread out over a month or so. The current list includes the usual suspects Munnar, Alleppey, Wayanad, Thekkady, and close to home, Athirappilly-Valparai route, and Fort Cochin area.

Also, at least one outstation, week or so long, trip. The contenders are Lakshadweep, Maldives, Andaman nicobar, Sri lanka, Coorg/Goa. Budget is kind of limited.

These are just ideas, and I am open to any other locations as well.

1) Any good resorts in Munnar/Wayanad/Thekkady/Coorg plus any good spots activities that we shouldn’t miss out in these places?
2) We probably will go for a day in houseboating with family; any of you has any contacts/friends/relatives where we can get a discounted rate?
3) I have a Mahindra club coupon with me with a 2 day or so free stay. Anyone know of any good Mahindra club resorts in these places that I should try in or more importantly avoid at any cost?
4) Anyone tried the Indian railway’s discover India or any other tour packages wherein they go through, Goa/Mumbai/Jaipur/Delhi/Agra etc.?

If anyone has any good accommodation/food/travel advices or contacts/friends/relatives that we can use in any of these or other locations and get a discount are very welcome.

Last edited by GTO : 15th January 2015 at 14:53. Reason: Typos
vjjustin is offline   Reply With Quote Received Infraction
Old 14th January 2015, 20:10   #64
Senior - BHPian
 
ranjitp1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 3,616
Thanked: 1,723 Times
Default Re: Love is around the corner; need help on good honeymoon destinations and planning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjjustin View Post

1) Any good resorts in Munnar/Wayanad/Thekkady/Coorg plus any good spots activities that we shouldn’t miss out in these places?
Munnar: Spice Tree spicetreemunnar.com

Wayanad: Windflower

Thekkady: Elephant Court , Niramaaya,

Coorg: Taj Madikeri , Tamara Coorg
Quote:
Originally Posted by vjjustin View Post
3) I have a Mahindra club coupon with me with a 2 day or so free stay. Anyone know of any good Mahindra club resorts in these places that I should try in or more importantly avoid at any cost?
CM Munnar and Madikeri are good.


Quote:
Originally Posted by vjjustin View Post
4) Anyone tried the Indian railway’s discover India or any other tour packages wherein they go through, Goa/Mumbai/Jaipur/Delhi/Agra etc.?
Golden Chariot,Deccan Odyssey,Palace on Wheels if the rates fall within your budget
ranjitp1 is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2015, 20:59   #65
BHPian
 
Chalu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 89
Thanked: 38 Times
Default Re: Love is around the corner; need help on good honeymoon destinations and planning.

Look at places which are away from normal tourist places where you can cherish the honeymoon moments. These destinations have no crowd what so ever

I would suggest -
Dandeli (Bison River Resort / Horn Bill resort - tree houses) - beautiful serene place
Madumalai - Inn the wild

Book using goibibo where they are providing 45% discount on hotels like Bisor River Resort, Inn the wild
Chalu is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2017, 11:31   #66
BHPian
 
amikacin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Jaipur
Posts: 84
Thanked: 31 Times
Default Re: Suggestions needed for Honeymoon destinations in India

Fellow Bhpians,

We are getting married in July this year and have decided to utilized the long weekends coming in August around independence day to plan our honeymoon. Need your advice and suggestions for finalizing honeymoon destination in India. The collective wisdom here will far supersede any other professional advise that I can think about.

Considering the fact that it will be monsoon time in India, we want to avoid the hill stations in North India. I would also like to avoid too much travel, so rather than cramming a number of places in the travel itinerary, we would like to have opportunity to spend some time together and plan visit to a couple of places during our stay. I am also wary of the holiday crowd we come across during any long weekends at popular tourist destinations. The ensuing traffic and crowd can spoil anyone's vacation mood.

Considering this situation, I have realized that a very limited options can be looked at during that time of year in India. This is going to be first actual holiday I am planning in a long time and intend to make it memorable for both of us. My budgetary cap at the start is somewhere around 60-70K but am open for suggestions. I am looking at a vacation period of six to seven days currently, anything beyond requires a reasonably good explanation for getting leave approvals from my supervisor

I want to finalize the booking by the end of the month and your suggestions will be great help.

Thanks in advance.
amikacin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2017, 12:02   #67
BHPian
 
TheDesertRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Ghaziabad
Posts: 118
Thanked: 371 Times
Default Re: Suggestions needed for Honeymoon destinations in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by amikacin View Post
Fellow Bhpians,

We are getting married in July this year and have decided to utilized the long weekends coming in August around independence day to plan our honeymoon. Need your advice and suggestions for finalizing honeymoon destination in India. The collective wisdom here will far supersede any other professional advise that I can think about.

Considering the fact that it will be monsoon time in India, we want to avoid the hill stations in North India. I would also like to avoid too much travel, so rather than cramming a number of places in the travel itinerary, we would like to have opportunity to spend some time together and plan visit to a couple of places during our stay. I am also wary of the holiday crowd we come across during any long weekends at popular tourist destinations. The ensuing traffic and crowd can spoil anyone's vacation mood.

Considering this situation, I have realized that a very limited options can be looked at during that time of year in India. This is going to be first actual holiday I am planning in a long time and intend to make it memorable for both of us. My budgetary cap at the start is somewhere around 60-70K but am open for suggestions. I am looking at a vacation period of six to seven days currently, anything beyond requires a reasonably good explanation for getting leave approvals from my supervisor

I want to finalize the booking by the end of the month and your suggestions will be great help.

Thanks in advance.
Given that it is a special occasion for you, I would highly recommend Orange County, Kabini. The link to the website is http://www.orangecounty.in/kabini/.

Having been to the place personally, I can vouch that this resort/place is truly special (one of the few places in India where you get your money worth).

Monsoons will just add to the beauty of the place with greenery and cooler weather all round.
TheDesertRat is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2017, 10:35   #68
BHPian
 
Saanil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 384
Thanked: 190 Times
Default Re: Suggestions needed for Honeymoon destinations in India

Hello,

We will be completing our first year of marriage in November and are looking for some suggestions for a 4 day holiday (Nov 16 to Nov 19, period of 4 days, Thursday to Sunday). We were looking at international destinations but realized that it does not make sense travelling abroad for just 4 days. Hence we are looking for places in India itself where travel time should be less. I am already very late in planning this and I think my wife is not going to like it if I do not finalize something by this weekend. So I am asking experts here to help me out! I am not looking for a very hectic schedule but I do want some activities which both of us can do together.

I was looking at Kerala but realized that there are too many places there and I am confused where to go. Should I just pick 2 places and spend 2 days at each place? Any suggestions for spending 4 days in Kerala? Also which other places should I consider? Goa? I saw the suggestion above for Kabini which is looking good!

Last edited by Saanil : 10th October 2017 at 10:36.
Saanil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2017, 12:53   #69
Distinguished - BHPian
 
mpksuhas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: KA03/KL11
Posts: 2,722
Thanked: 3,309 Times
Default Re: Suggestions needed for Honeymoon destinations in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saanil View Post
I was looking at Kerala but realized that there are too many places there and I am confused where to go. Should I just pick 2 places and spend 2 days at each place? Any suggestions for spending 4 days in Kerala? Also which other places should I consider? Goa? I saw the suggestion above for Kabini which is looking good!
As you mentioned, with 4 days for both Kerala and Kabini you need to consider time taken for commute also.

In Kerala, depending on the place you decide you will have to take road transport to reach your destination from airport. This will need atleast half a day. As an example, Munnar is around 4+ hour drive from Cochin airport, Wayanad another tourist location is around 3 hour drive from Calicut airport.

Similarly, Kabini is 5.5 hour drive from Bangalore airport.

- For KL, my suggestion would be Wayanad, if budget permits you can opt for Vythiri resorts and see nearby places.
- For Kabni, top end option is Orange County. However, Jungle lodges and resort is a cheaper option comparatively. Do note that, Kabini is a safari location. Hence if you both are not interested in wildlife, it may become boring after first safari.
- For beach types, Goa or for a change Kovalam beach Trivandrum.
mpksuhas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2017, 13:46   #70
BHPian
 
Saanil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 384
Thanked: 190 Times
Default Re: Suggestions needed for Honeymoon destinations in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post

- For KL, my suggestion would be Wayanad, if budget permits you can opt for Vythiri resorts and see nearby places.
- For Kabni, top end option is Orange County. However, Jungle lodges and resort is a cheaper option comparatively. Do note that, Kabini is a safari location. Hence if you both are not interested in wildlife, it may become boring after first safari.
- For beach types, Goa or for a change Kovalam beach Trivandrum.
Thanks for your suggestion! I am inclining towards going to Wayanad. I guess 3-4 days (including travel time) should be enough to explore the place? I checked out Vythiri resorts and it looks good! I am still debating whether I can afford this because although their per day charge sounds expensive, they do provide all meals too.

Any other resorts in Wayanad apart from Vythiri? Maybe slightly less expensive but still at the top end? How do people travel within Wayanad? I am not too keen on taking a self drive.
Saanil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2017, 14:17   #71
BHPian
 
Su-47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 624
Thanked: 91 Times
Default Re: Suggestions needed for Honeymoon destinations in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saanil View Post
I guess 3-4 days (including travel time) should be enough to explore the place?
Explore the place, why? There is a lot of be explored inside the room .

As far as Waynad is concerned - I remember seeing a fall, some tea/coffee estate and a lake on which you can go around in a boat. IMHO, you won't miss much, if you decide to not step out of the resort at all. Moreover, IIRC, the last patch of road is not that nice, and those 3-4kms to hit the main road will sap your time and energy.

The important thing about honeymoon is to go somewhere so that you get some reprieve from the hustle bustle of the marriage, and the newlywed can spend a quality time together. The resort needs to be good, but availability of sightseeing places is inconsequential. Vythri resort is reasonably good (not exceptional though).

Check if you can get a room overlooking the stream (and if it is flowing) - the balcony is a really nice place to spend tea time with the sound of stream in background. Have fun!
Su-47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2017, 14:40   #72
Distinguished - BHPian
 
mpksuhas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: KA03/KL11
Posts: 2,722
Thanked: 3,309 Times
Default Re: Suggestions needed for Honeymoon destinations in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saanil View Post
Any other resorts in Wayanad apart from Vythiri? Maybe slightly less expensive but still at the top end? How do people travel within Wayanad? I am not too keen on taking a self drive.
Yes, there are quiet few hotels around Wayand. I had suggested Vythiri resorts since few people I know had been there. The other places I know of are hotels (and not resorts), I can suggest those in case you plan to roam around and visit tourist locations. In that case, spending heavily on resort doesnt make sense.

For sightseeing you can rent a cab from hotel, this will be the easier way. You can use the public transport (mix of bus, jeep, auto), however it will be time consuming and confusing.

You can get more details here. Link (Bangalore-Wayanad: Route & Accommodation)
mpksuhas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2017, 22:44   #73
BHPian
 
Saanil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 384
Thanked: 190 Times
Default Re: Suggestions needed for Honeymoon destinations in India

Thanks suggestions above! I am also exploring other possibility for Kerala? Is it possible to stay at Kumarakom for 3 days and take 1 day trips to nearby places? Wife is not too keen on Wayanad and wants to explore coastal Kerala. Since I have just 4 days, I thought I should pick 2 cities to stay 2/2 days at each place or just stay at one place (Kumarakom) and if possible take day trips to explore nearby places. How feasible is that? Kumarakom and Allepey is one combination. Any suggestions/advice?
Saanil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2017, 00:10   #74
BHPian
 
jkrishnakj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 519
Thanked: 312 Times
Default

Not to throw a spanner in the works , but I thought you might want to try SrLanka. Good for 4 days. Am sure the costs will be neutral as well vis a vis the 4 days at Kerala.
jkrishnakj is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
4WD destinations in Eastern and North Eastern India BlackPearl 4x4 Excursions 34 3rd December 2017 12:32
India’s 100 Best Destinations - A Book by Bob Rupani GTO Street Experiences 4 25th December 2013 22:58
Honeymoon Drive - Chennai to Delhi reply2ab Travelogues 42 27th January 2011 20:10
The Honeymoon Drive nkrishnap Travelogues 43 11th July 2010 06:53


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 04:10.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks