| || ||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|12th February 2016, 18:27||#31|
Join Date: Aug 2014
Thanked: 580 Times
+1 to this. Had a similar experience with MakeMyTrip 2 years back when I travelled to Mumbai. Didn't want to stay at relatives place hence chose a hotel in Bandra. Got a mail saying booking is confirmed, thought of verifying with the hotel and they say no such booking with them. 😳
Switched over to booking.com and no hassles whatsoever. I've booked rooms in India and abroad (London, Dubai, Amsterdam, Frankfurt, Cologne Istanbul, etc.). Never had any issues. Also booking.com has some of the best rates for hotels anywhere. Their site is beautifully designed too, unlike MMT's cluttered look. Agoda is equally good.
I would vouch for these two anyday.
Sent from my iPhone 6 using Team-BHP
|The following BHPian Thanks drhoneycake for this useful post:|
|13th February 2016, 11:53||#32|
Distinguished - BHPian
Join Date: Jul 2011
Thanked: 4,957 Times
Re: Makemytrip reliable for travel?
Also, MMT charges flat 1000 for kids of age <12, but when booked directly we need to pay only if we take an extra bed. And it will be much less than 1000.
|13th February 2016, 12:00||#33|
Join Date: Apr 2010
Thanked: 323 Times
Ditto. Make my trip and clear trip and ezeego to check and book air tickets. But when it comes to hotels 'booking.com' is what I go to. Never had an issue with them thus far across India and outside.
|3rd April 2018, 11:40||#34|
Join Date: Apr 2007
Thanked: 13 Times
Re: Makemytrip reliable for travel?
( Mods please move this to appropriate thread if required )
I completed a week-long trip with family. Sharing my impressions with MakeMyTrip which can be helpful to others
MakeMyTrip is/ was my favorite brand and I have done multiple hotel flight booking in past , received MMT black status because of my spends. But I decided to do out station car booking with them which turned disastrous.
1) On MMT app/ site you can book car for 6 persons. The image is of Innova and the site says Innova , xylo or similar. I did booking, paid fully money received confirmation which says that I will receive innova or similar vehicle
2) On the departure day to my surprise the car I received was TUV 300. Now TUV 300 is way down in terms of comfort (Read 3rd seat space, rear ac vents, suspension etc etc ).
3) Called the MMT call center and checked if I have received this car by accident/ mistake. They confirmed that this the correct car and they expect 6 adults + 3 large suite cases to fit in this car and that to for out station trips.
4) The explanation provided was as per RTO rules TUV 300 is a 7-seater car. I told them as per RTO Tata Magic is also 7-seater vehicle. Should your customers expect such cars when they do booking for Innova and similar ? The answer was “Yes”
5) I asked for replacement car which was rudely refused. Then I asked for refund which was also refused saying that car allotment from MMT is already done.
6) I was advised to sort this with vendor directly instead of MMT. I was kind of speechless at this point time.
Long story short, the * marks in the MMT site matters and hurts you the most when you don’t expect them to.
Last edited by hrishig : 3rd April 2018 at 11:43.
|The following BHPian Thanks hrishig for this useful post:|
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Booking flight tickets on MakeMyTrip||BenjiRoss||Shifting gears||21||8th November 2012 21:25|
|Gps A Reliable Model??||racing4cure||Modifications & Accessories||10||28th June 2006 22:36|
|Hyundai Sonata - The most reliable car in USA||satish_appasani||The International Automotive Scene||54||27th March 2005 03:09|