Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 12th February 2016, 18:27   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Agreed with the others.

Booked a hotel for the Auto Expo 2 months in advance. On the weekend before the Auto Expo, we got an email from MakeMyTrip stating that the booking is confirmed.

Thought of cross-checking with the hotel - they said we don't have any room booked . After a lot of back & forth (and waste of time), MakeMyTrip arranged another hotel for us.

Learned my lesson the hard way. Best to book directly with the hotel as every hotel now has online bookings anyway, and they readily price match what price you're getting elsewhere.

On a related note, I've never had a problem with hotel bookings made via booking.com.

Will probably use MakeMyTrip for flight tickets, but never for hotels.

+1 to this. Had a similar experience with MakeMyTrip 2 years back when I travelled to Mumbai. Didn't want to stay at relatives place hence chose a hotel in Bandra. Got a mail saying booking is confirmed, thought of verifying with the hotel and they say no such booking with them. 😳

Switched over to booking.com and no hassles whatsoever. I've booked rooms in India and abroad (London, Dubai, Amsterdam, Frankfurt, Cologne Istanbul, etc.). Never had any issues. Also booking.com has some of the best rates for hotels anywhere. Their site is beautifully designed too, unlike MMT's cluttered look. Agoda is equally good.

I would vouch for these two anyday.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Team-BHP
drhoneycake is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2016, 11:53   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Makemytrip reliable for travel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Learned my lesson the hard way. Best to book directly with the hotel as every hotel now has online bookings anyway, and they readily price match what price you're getting elsewhere.
Yes, I do the same. MMT, Clear trip, tripadvisor for search purpose only. Once i find the hotel, I book directly through the hotel web site.

Also, MMT charges flat 1000 for kids of age <12, but when booked directly we need to pay only if we take an extra bed. And it will be much less than 1000.
arun_josie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2016, 12:00   #33
BHPian

Ditto. Make my trip and clear trip and ezeego to check and book air tickets. But when it comes to hotels 'booking.com' is what I go to. Never had an issue with them thus far across India and outside.
jkrishnakj is offline   Reply With Quote