Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 8th October 2010, 18:48   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post

Day 15 from Agra to Udaipur is going to be a long driving day too, you will have no time left for any sightseeing in Udaipur.
Yes Sir, it'll be long, but doable because excellent road conditions. Agra-Jaipur will take 4.5 hrs. + 30 mints for break. Another 7 hrs for Jaipur-Udaipur. But, yes, there will be no time left for sight-seeing on that day. Agra-Jaipur road (NH11) is superb newly 4-laned and good compared to Delhi-Jaipur.
LongDrive lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2010, 21:35   #47
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
* Delhi-Jaisalmer is a very very long tiring drive,instead stopover at Bikaner*You only have half a day in Jodhpur
Thanks, Ranjit. I have decided to drop Jaisalmer since I do not want to have hectic schedule always. Now, I will be staying more than one full day at Jodhpur.
Quote:
Originally Posted by issigonis View Post
In the matter of RTDC Kajri in Udaipur, I had a slightly bad experience when we visited Udaipur in February 2010 so would advocate caution.
Thanks a lot, issigonis, for kind advice. I shall explore other alternatives.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongDrive lover View Post
Agra-Jaipur will take 4.5 hrs. + 30 mints for break. Another 7 hrs for Jaipur-Udaipur.
I have revised my itinerary by dropping Jaisalmer. Now, it is New Delhi to Jodhpur, which is 591 km.
Attached Files
File Type: xls KA-MH-GJ-RJ-UP-DL TRIP.xls (27.5 KB, 349 views)
J.Ravi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2010, 09:17   #48

Change is the only thing that doesn't change! I have postponed my trip, included Mumbai, chopped off Palitana, Mount Abu & Jaisalmer and included two night stay at Pune in time to join Fiat Ranjangaon plant visit on 3 Dec 2010 organised by Team Fiat India. I have decided to explore GJ exclusively later.
Attached Files
File Type: xls KA-MH-GJ-RJ-UP-DL TRIP.xls (27.5 KB, 377 views)
Old 1st November 2010, 22:32   #49

So, the countdown has started. Hotels and homestays have been selected and the reservations done. Now, I am eagerly waiting for the take-off. :-)
Bangalore-Nagpur-Agra-Delhi-Jaipur-Udaipur-MountAbu-Bhavnagar-Palitana-Pune-Bangalore-touritinerary.jpg
Old 1st November 2010, 22:41   #50
Senior - BHPian

Hi Ravi

just now saw this thread, very detailed preparations.

I suggest you keep handy the FIAT showroom/service center contact details on your route. Also prior to your departure from bangalore, get your brake and clutch pads checked.

I also want to do similar trip some time in future, would keep an watch on your schedules, preparations and ofcourse the travelogue once you return.

All the best.
StarVegabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2010, 08:15   #51

Thank you, StarVegabond. Yes, I do keep all these details in my Linea. My Linea had her second free servicing done a few days back. She is fit as a fiddle to take up this tough task ahead!
Old 5th November 2010, 00:10   #52
BHPian

Its going to be a long journey if you are a single driver. Its not so much the car standing the journey as the person driving it. All the best anyway and avoid speeding!
frequentflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2010, 09:13   #53

Thanks, frequentflyer. The driving responsibilities will be shared by me and my son. I hope to accomplish the mission!
Old 17th March 2011, 10:09   #54
BHPian

Default Oldie Highway route from Bangalore to Jaipur/Delhi

Friends,

Not planning to do this trip immediately.. Might do it sometime this year. Googling and tbhp normally suggest these two typical bread and butter route:

1. Bangalore - Pune - Kota - Jaipur: This is along the the NH-4 and NH8.
2. Bangalore - Hyderabad - Nagpur - Bhopal - Sarai - Jaipur. This is all along the NH-7, NH-7, NH-69 and NH-12.

Somehow, i dont want to take these wide GQ roads which are barren without trees and keep you away from the roadside dhabas and civilization. Then it becomes just a journey without touching much of the local life.

- I love and miss the well shaded highways of the olden days which are lined with villages, paddy fields and even old banyan trees to swing a bit and stretch the tired limbs.. .
- I would love to dine in the small roadside stalls and enjoy the warmth of their hospitality rather than the visiting "Kamats" of the world.
- I dream to take a nap under the shade of the tree on hot afternoon rather than remaining confined to the AC of my car in hot afternoons.
- I dont mind even if the trip takes an extra day.
- I dont mind if the road is even slightly bad. Its a opportunity to see my country rather than dashing from one place to other.

Any recommendations on such routes is welcomed. I am sure there would more bhpians here who would be missing those tree lined single/double laned highways of the old world era..

Cheers,
JP

Last edited by recker_us : 17th March 2011 at 10:11. Reason: .
recker_us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2011, 10:21   #55
BHPian

Default Re: Oldie Highway route from Bangalore to Jaipur/Delhi

Dear JP,

It all depends on the time at your disposal-I am just back from a drive to Bhuj, Jaisalmer, Jodhpur, Udaipur, Daman and Pune-NH 4, 8, 15, 14 and a few more in between. Yes I agree the charm of the highways in the late 60s, 70s and even the 80s ( i belong to that generation but still love long drives) is not there-but i still prefer the broad GQ any day-we can make our detours on to the SH and see the NHs of yore. My drive-5745 in 12.5 days.

I would prefer NH8 0nto Jaipur-after Udaipur you may use 76??

Col Jude Mayne
Judemayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2011, 11:09   #56
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Oldie Highway route from Bangalore to Jaipur/Delhi

@JP, as much as I can understand your desire to enjoy a relaxed drive, I'll still suggest going with the highways, esp in central India. Safety is primary concern. Do check any posts by HV Kumar for the routes you have mentioned.
condor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2012, 00:13   #57
BHPian

Default Route info request: Jaipur-Ahmedabad-Palitana-Bhuj and back

Dear T-Bhpians

We're three (parents and I) and dont drive much (I have traveled extensively in India and other places using public transport). I've planned this trip as below on self-drive basis. Please comment on feasibility and route conditions. The longer drives my father and I can share. The car will be Swift D'zire petrol in good condition.

The dates are fixed but I can try to add a day more. Any suggestions on places to stay will be welcome too.

DayDay's planned activity or journeyLocation (Night) Distance

Saturday 22 -Dec Jaipur - Ahmedabad 670

Sunday 23-Dec Ahmedabad -Palitana Palitana 220

Monday 24 -Dec Palitana climb up and Down Palitana 0

Tuesday 25-Dec Palitana -Jamnagar Jamnagar 250

Wednesday 26 -Dec Narara Bet and Khijadiya Sanctuary Jamnagar 120

Thursday27 - Dec Jamnagar to Bhuj 270

Friday 28 - Dec Bhuj and Villages around Bhuj 100

Saturday 29-Dec Bird Safari (Chhari Dhandh / Banni )Bhuj 0

Sunday 30 - Dec Bhuj to Modhera and Patan Patan 330

Monday 31 - Dec Patan to Ambaji Ambaji 120

Tuesday 1- JanAmbaji to Jaipur 480

many thanks in advance
Vaibhav

Last edited by manson : 18th November 2012 at 01:47. Reason: Please make active use of the space bar key as lack of formatting in posts is an eyesore for our readers.
vaibhav_a_a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2012, 11:47   #58
BHPian

Default Re: Route info request: Jaipur-Ahmedabad-Palitana-Bhuj and back

Thanks Manson. Last night I had done a copy paste from my excel sheet and it showed as formatted. I've redone the itinerary portion below and am pasting it here for easier viewing (I believe I cant edit my post here as I'm too new when it comes to post counts).

I'm looking for help on road conditions (I've read many T-logs here especially by Harsh vardhan and V&V and others to get idea about Gujarat before making this itinerary so I know that the best advice on cars / driving is on T-BHP) . Also, whether this route has been correctly plotted or can be done better is also something I'd like to hear from T-BHPians.

Day Date From-To Night Halt Drive (kms)

Saturday 22 -Dec Jaipur - Ahmedabad Ahmedabad 670

Sunday 23-Dec Ahmedabad -Palitana Palitana 220

Monday 24 -Dec Palitana climb up and Down Palitana 0

Tuesday 25-Dec Palitana -Jamnagar Jamnagar 250

Wednesday 26 -Dec Narara /Khijadiya Sanctuary Jamnagar 120

Thursday 27 - Dec J amnagar to Bhuj Bhuj 270

Friday 28 - Dec Bhuj and Villages Bhuj 100

Saturday 29-Dec Bird Safari (Banni/Chhari ) Bhuj 0

Sunday 30 - Dec Bhuj to Modhera and Patan Patan 330

Monday 31 - Dec Patan to Ambaji Ambaji 120

Tuesday 1- Jan Ambaji to Jaipur Jaipur 480

many thanks in advance

Vaibhav
Old 21st November 2012, 18:32   #59
BHPian

Default Re: Bangalore-Nagpur-Agra-Delhi-Jaipur-Udaipur-MountAbu-Bhavnagar-Palitana-Pune-Banga

Dear T-BHPians

I have spoken with some people in Gujarat and now am looking only for the following bits:

a) How is the road between Palitana and Jamnagar and which route to take? Google shows me a straight road whereas my contact has asked me to take the one via Bhavnagar going all the way north to limbdi and then to Rajkot and to Jamnagar.

b) How is the road between Bhuj and Patan and more importantly between Patan and Ambaji? Has anyone done this recently and can tell me the approximate drive times involved (we will be staying overnight in Patan so as to do the round trip to modhera early morning)

c) Any hotel recommendations in modhera or patan?

thanks!
Vaibhav
Old 21st November 2012, 21:41   #60
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Bangalore-Nagpur-Agra-Delhi-Jaipur-Udaipur-MountAbu-Bhavnagar-Palitana-Pune-Banga

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaibhav_a_a View Post

a) How is the road between Palitana and Jamnagar and which route to take? Google shows me a straight road whereas my contact has asked me to take the one via Bhavnagar going all the way north to limbdi and then to Rajkot and to Jamnagar.
I am not sure about the direct road, but I believe the Bhavnagar-Botad-Sayla road is good. From Rajkot, take the Dhrol route to Jamnagar. YOu can also take the Palitana-Amreli-Gondal-Kalavad route to Jamnagar, bypassing Rajkot totally.

Quote:
b) How is the road between Bhuj and Patan and more importantly between Patan and Ambaji? Has anyone done this recently and can tell me the approximate drive times involved (we will be staying overnight in Patan so as to do the round trip to modhera early morning)
Outstanding 4-laned roads if you go via Radhanpur, Palanpur. Not sure about the shorter route from Radhanpur direct to Patan (make local enquiries at Radhanpur).
hvkumar is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote