Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 28th January 2013, 15:32   #16
BHPian

Default Re: Pune to Tirupathi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Dobbaspet-Doddaballapur-Devanahalli-OMR (via BIAL Road)

Route Link

I dont know how is Devanahalli-Hoskote NH207 status. Its better to take the BIAL road.

Thanks ampere for quick reply. Is BIAL 4 laned toll road like NICE? Also how are the roads between Hoskote and Chittoor?
abhijitvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2013, 15:39   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhijitvp View Post
Thanks ampere for quick reply. Is BIAL 4 laned toll road like NICE? Also how are the roads between Hoskote and Chittoor?
BIAL road is 2 laned state highway.
ranjitp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2013, 17:16   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhijitvp View Post
Pune-Banglore NH4 is in superb shape now. Road widening is going on at some stretches but that doesn’t slow you down much. Can anyone please suggest the fastest route around Banglore to reach Tirupati (If you are coming from Pune)? I would be reaching outskirts of Banglore around 2PM.
Someone recently apprised me that the Sira-Madhugiri-Gauribadanur-Chickballapur-Kolar road condition was good, except that it is a narrow road. However, I have not gone that way personally. IF true, this will be shortest route to avoid Bangalore city region and connect to NH4 at Kolar, and thence to Tirupati.
hvkumar is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2013, 20:00   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
Someone recently apprised me that the Sira-Madhugiri-Gauribadanur-Chickballapur-Kolar road condition was good, except that it is a narrow road. However, I have not gone that way personally. IF true, this will be shortest route to avoid Bangalore city region and connect to NH4 at Kolar, and thence to Tirupati.
I had gone on this road in reverse in 2010 ( coming back from Tirupathi). The road then had been damaged by unusually heavy rains and was in bad condition. If you have a recent update & the road condition is good it is a good time saver. Pretty scenic also. You do not need to go down to Kolar. After Chickballapur turn towards Chintamani & then Madanapalle & then onwards to Tirupati. Route will be pretty free of truck trafic but no proper eateries. Carry a good map or a navigator. Check out route online @ http://maps.mapmyindia.*com

The turn in from NH4 to Sira is pretty obscure. There is a small road on the right after the petrol pump & you can miss it. So be alert.
sridhar-v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2013, 20:24   #20
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhar-v View Post
I had gone on this road in reverse in 2010 ( coming back from Tirupathi). The road then had been damaged by unusually heavy rains and was in bad condition. If you have a recent update & the road condition is good it is a good time saver. Pretty scenic also. You do not need to go down to Kolar. After Chickballapur turn towards Chintamani & then Madanapalle & then onwards to Tirupati.

Good point. Combining the two, one can also do :

Sira-Tumkur-Dobbaspet-Devanahalli-Vijayapura-Chintamani-Madanapalle-Pileru-Tirupathi.

But then as you say, no good eateries or break points.
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2013, 20:39   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhar-v View Post
I had gone on this road in reverse in 2010 ( coming back from Tirupathi). The road then had been damaged by unusually heavy rains and was in bad condition. If you have a recent update & the road condition is good it is a good time saver. Pretty scenic also. You do not need to go down to Kolar. After Chickballapur turn towards Chintamani & then Madanapalle & then onwards to Tirupati. Route will be pretty free of truck trafic but no proper eateries. Carry a good map or a navigator. Check out route online @ http://maps.mapmyindia.*com

The turn in from NH4 to Sira is pretty obscure. There is a small road on the right after the petrol pump & you can miss it. So be alert.
The road was good after the rains - some 3 months ago - and it had been relaid totally.
hvkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2013, 14:10   #22
BHPian

Good day fellow Bhpians,
i am planning to do a trip as below,
Mumbai(dombivili)-tirupati-mantralayam(near Raichur)-Mumbai.
it will be me and my wife with both of us driving in turns.
i have been going through this thread and some others, can any one please update me about the optimal route to take, considering road conditions, stop overs, eateries, etc.
we will be driving in our brand new XUV5OO!! just booked it on dussera!!
your advice would be much appreciated.
thanks & regards,
Mandar.
msk016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2015, 11:51   #23
BHPian

Default Pune to Tirupati (Jan 2016)

I am posting on behalf of a friend, who is not a member of the forum, but follows it regularly.

We tried searching for a Pune - Tirupati thread but found a couple that were a bit old, so am starting a new thread.

Below is my friend's query:

Quote:
Hi,

I am planning to travel from Pune to Tirupati on 22nd Jan 2016. I plan to start from Pune at around 3 pm, take an overnight break somewhere and then continue to Tirupati and aim to reach in the evening (before 6 pm). I am not familiar with the route.

Can someone help me with the route and good place to stay overnight on the way and also good eating joints enroute?

BTW, I am travelling with my friends – no family members or kids.

Thanks!
amitg79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2015, 14:09   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Pune to Tirupati (Jan 2016)

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitg79 View Post
Hi,

I am planning to travel from Pune to Tirupati on 22nd Jan 2016. I plan to start from Pune at around 3 pm, take an overnight break somewhere and then continue to Tirupati and aim to reach in the evening (before 6 pm). I am not familiar with the route.

Can someone help me with the route and good place to stay overnight on the way and also good eating joints enroute?

BTW, I am travelling with my friends – no family members or kids.

Thanks!
3PM start from Pune will ideally take you to Belgaum or Hubli with 5 and 6 hours of drive respectively.

At Belgaum you can halt at Sankam Regency and Hubli has quite a few options like Clarks Inn and The President.

Coming to your route itself:

A simple one that is a big time saver in terms of bypassing Bangalore completely would be this:

NH4 all the way till Dabaspet and then turn left here for Doddaballapura - Devenahalli - Hosakote (or Mulbagal) - Kolar - Chittoor - Tirupati

Whenever I have driven back from Mumbai/Pune for Bangalore, I have noticed a lot of MH12/14 cars deviating off NH4 at Dabaspet bound for Tirupati and this is quite a popular route anyway.

The other alternate would be deviate off NH4 at Sira and then Madhugiri-Gauribadanur-Chickballapur-Kolar - Chittoor - Tirupati

Now if you really want to enter Bangalore and do it, my advise would be a strict no only because certain bottlenecks will consume a lot of time.

Last edited by paragsachania : 10th December 2015 at 14:11.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2015, 16:08   #25
BHPian

Default Re: Pune to Tirupati (Jan 2016)

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
A simple one that is a big time saver in terms of bypassing Bangalore completely would be this:

NH4 all the way till Dabaspet and then turn left here for Doddaballapura - Devenahalli - Hosakote (or Mulbagal) - Kolar - Chittoor - Tirupati
Thanks Parag, for the detailed info!

How is the road from Doddaballapura to Tirupati? Is it safe? Any decent eating joints on this route?
amitg79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2015, 17:48   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitg79 View Post
Thanks Parag, for the detailed info!

How is the road from Doddaballapura to Tirupati? Is it safe? Any decent eating joints on this route?
Your concern should only be the stretch from Dabaspet - Doddaballapur - Tirupati highway which might be 2 hours affair at max after you get off NH4 from Dabaspet.

Once you are on Tirupati highway,its the usual NH again with good pilgrim traffic and joints to break.

So plan accordingly.
paragsachania is offline   Reply With Quote