Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 1st December 2008, 22:28   #136
BHPian
 
prabhusati's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 248
Thanked: 12 Times
Default

litesaber,

Since you are starting at 1pm, i would recommend you take the Hebbal-Yelahanka-Doddaballapur-Dobbspet route to reach NH4. You will avoid getting stuck in the heavy truck traffic on the Yeshwantpur-Nelamangala stretch. Drive safe and have a nice journey.

Best Regards/Satish Prabhu
prabhusati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2008, 23:46   #137
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bangalore/Hubli
Posts: 111
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by litesaber View Post
Thanks Girish. I have never taken Magadi Road. I should be taking Kempe Gowda Rd, City Railway station then a left to an underpass to Magadi Rd. Can you elaborate a little?

Where does Magadi Rd meet with the Nice Rd? I could not track it in wikemapia.

Can somebody comment on my earlier planned route to Dobbspet? I've been on the Dodabellapur road many time but only on Sundays and its been clear always.
litesaber, looks like you are comfortable with Dobbaspet route. Please go ahead with this route and do not think about Magadi Road. Sometimes its better to stick to the routes that we know better.
At 1PM, even the Mekhri Circle-Hebbal flyover-Yelhanka stretch may have normal traffic.
Have a safe and pleasant journey and do update on the timings.
girish.r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2008, 11:52   #138
Senior - BHPian
 
sushrutha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Chikmagalur/Ban
Posts: 1,702
Thanked: 322 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by litesaber View Post
?

Where does Magadi Rd meet with the Nice Rd? I could not track it in wikemapia.
It's almost 8-10kms from Magadi road starting( start point is Prasanna talkies near Vijaynagar).
You need to take a ight turn once you find NICE Road( Just after the bridge).
Instead of this route you can better take ( Coz the traffic to reach NICE road is almost same if u go Via Rajanagar)
Residency road - Rajajinagar - ( Or Sankey Road - Yeshwanthpur) - Yeshwanthpur - Nelmangala

Last edited by sushrutha : 2nd December 2008 at 11:55.
sushrutha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2008, 12:11   #139
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 92
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Here is my Bangalore-Mumbai Road Trip

I started on Friday (5/12) at 11am. I took the Yelahanka-Doddabellapur-Dobbspet route to NH4. Was able to hit NH4 by 1:45. The road after Yelahanka is decent and devoid of traffic. After the first toll booth I missed the turn to follow the highway and went straight ahead. I realised after around 500 meters and took the next right to catch up with NH4.

As mentioned earlier the NH4 from Tumkur to Chitradugra is very good with a few diversions as you approach Chitradurga. From Chitradugra to Ranibennur is with diversions and sometimes a two lane road - which I guess is the old NH4.

I think I missed the Ranibennur bypass and ended up straight into town and was caught up in traffic. This was the slowest section and was caught up the 'rush hour' traffic. Does Ranibennur have a bypass? I still cant figure out how I missed it if there was one :-(

Fueled up in the BP pump with the "Ghar Dhabba" just after Ranibennur. There are two railroad crossings on the way and was stopped at both for 10-15min each.

Near Haveri NH4 becomes its 4 laned avtaar and I followed it up to the Hubli-Dharwad tollway and got out at the 3rd exit to reach Rajatgiri - my halt for the night. I reached at 7:30pm showing 450km on the trip meter. I calcuated a FE of 18 for my Santro.

Left Dharwad at 7:15am next morning. Dharwad to Kolhapur is the best part of the NH4. After Kolhapur to Pune the way is good and one can make good speeds. Took the Pune bypass and then the Expressway to hit Vashi 1:40. Then it was Vashi-Sion-Bandra and was home at 2:40pm. The right turn from Sion hospital is closed due to flyover construction. I was forced to go all the way to Sion circle and come back to the hospital and take a left. If I had known this would have taken the earlier turn from Sion Station.
litesaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2008, 13:21   #140
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 92
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

A word of thanks to forum members like hvkumar, girish.r, sushrutha and others for all the tips, route info and encouragement :-)
litesaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2008, 14:31   #141
Newbie
 
manasvas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 10
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Ranibennur does not have a bypass and you have to cross through the city. I think I have seen some work on the bypass road last month but not sure about the progress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by litesaber View Post
Here is my Bangalore-Mumbai Road Trip

I started on Friday (5/12) at 11am. I took the Yelahanka-Doddabellapur-Dobbspet route to NH4. Was able to hit NH4 by 1:45. The road after Yelahanka is decent and devoid of traffic. After the first toll booth I missed the turn to follow the highway and went straight ahead. I realised after around 500 meters and took the next right to catch up with NH4.

As mentioned earlier the NH4 from Tumkur to Chitradugra is very good with a few diversions as you approach Chitradurga. From Chitradugra to Ranibennur is with diversions and sometimes a two lane road - which I guess is the old NH4.

I think I missed the Ranibennur bypass and ended up straight into town and was caught up in traffic. This was the slowest section and was caught up the 'rush hour' traffic. Does Ranibennur have a bypass? I still cant figure out how I missed it if there was one :-(

Fueled up in the BP pump with the "Ghar Dhabba" just after Ranibennur. There are two railroad crossings on the way and was stopped at both for 10-15min each.

Near Haveri NH4 becomes its 4 laned avtaar and I followed it up to the Hubli-Dharwad tollway and got out at the 3rd exit to reach Rajatgiri - my halt for the night. I reached at 7:30pm showing 450km on the trip meter. I calcuated a FE of 18 for my Santro.

Left Dharwad at 7:15am next morning. Dharwad to Kolhapur is the best part of the NH4. After Kolhapur to Pune the way is good and one can make good speeds. Took the Pune bypass and then the Expressway to hit Vashi 1:40. Then it was Vashi-Sion-Bandra and was home at 2:40pm. The right turn from Sion hospital is closed due to flyover construction. I was forced to go all the way to Sion circle and come back to the hospital and take a left. If I had known this would have taken the earlier turn from Sion Station.
manasvas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2008, 20:32   #142
BHPian
 
BunnyPunia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 798
Thanked: 184 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by manasvas View Post
Ranibennur does not have a bypass and you have to cross through the city. I think I have seen some work on the bypass road last month but not sure about the progress.
Yes it still doesnt have one. i did Pune-Davanagere on sat (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...7-12-08-a.html (Pune-NH4-Davanagere Route updated:7/12/08)) and was caught up in evening traffic.

Doing the same route (davanagere-pune) tonight. Shall be faster due to better night traffic (no cycles / bikes / cars etc)
BunnyPunia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2008, 21:23   #143
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: PNQ-HKG-SZX
Posts: 1,238
Thanked: 17 Times
Default

I did my first Mumbai trip last december and had done this stretch 4 times until now since then and that Ranibennur bypass progress is still the same I think.
VJ_MAVRICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2008, 21:55   #144
BHPian
 
team suzuki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: *****
Posts: 144
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VJ_MAVRICK View Post
I did my first Mumbai trip last december and had done this stretch 4 times until now since then and that Ranibennur bypass progress is still the same I think.
Wonder whats wrong with the government,did you notice when you leave maharashtra you have farmers who place their crops or whatever in the middle of the so called highway and another think i noticed is when you reach karnataka border you have vehicles coming from the wrong side.
team suzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2008, 09:41   #145
BHPian
 
chetans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 225
Thanked: 69 Times
Default road trip to pune

i am planning to go to pune on 18th dec.
last time , had started at around 5am from cv raman nagar, took orr , peenya , tumkur and then NH4. Reached kolhapur at 7 pm, as was driving around speed of 70kms in a new wagonr with less than 5k on odometer. halted there and reached pune the next day.
this time, i am bit confident and want to do this trip in one stretch. i am surely not going to touch 100kms even this time. so wante to know if i can make it ?

need your suggestions, tips on this.
chetans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2008, 12:15   #146
Newbie
 
manasvas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 10
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Did B'lore - Pune last month. This was my first one day 600+ kms journey. Started from B'lore @5am and reached Pune @8 pm with total halts = 1 hr.
Avg Speed : 85 KMPH
This route is doable in a single day inspite of all bad roads and diversions.
manasvas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2008, 12:27   #147
BHPian
 
BunnyPunia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 798
Thanked: 184 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetans View Post
i am planning to go to pune on 18th dec.
last time , had started at around 5am from cv raman nagar, took orr , peenya , tumkur and then NH4. Reached kolhapur at 7 pm, as was driving around speed of 70kms in a new wagonr with less than 5k on odometer. halted there and reached pune the next day.
this time, i am bit confident and want to do this trip in one stretch. i am surely not going to touch 100kms even this time. so wante to know if i can make it ?

need your suggestions, tips on this.
With reference to http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...7-12-08-a.html (Pune-NH4-Davanagere Route updated:7/12/08), even if you stick to 100km/h, you will end up averaging around 75km/h. Thats 11 driving hours. So, doing Blore-Pune in a day is very much possible. I would say, leave Blore early to avoid traffic and you should be in Pune by 7pm or so. The main thing though is, would you be the only driver?
BunnyPunia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2008, 12:34   #148
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: PNQ-HKG-SZX
Posts: 1,238
Thanked: 17 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetans View Post
i am planning to go to pune on 18th dec.
last time , had started at around 5am from cv raman nagar, took orr , peenya , tumkur and then NH4. Reached kolhapur at 7 pm, as was driving around speed of 70kms in a new wagonr with less than 5k on odometer. halted there and reached pune the next day.
this time, i am bit confident and want to do this trip in one stretch. i am surely not going to touch 100kms even this time. so wante to know if i can make it ?

need your suggestions, tips on this.
Contact Hari "Lukeskywalker" about the road conditions of specific stretches as he cruised along the NH4 recently on his trip to Pune,Shirdi,Ganapatipule.

My ride is an alto 1.1 which is essentially the wagon-r engine and you can reach Pune in 12 hours maintaining speeds of around 100KMPH keeping in mind some bad patches ,without any issues provided you stop only for your grub and fuel.
VJ_MAVRICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2008, 10:54   #149
BHPian
 
f1fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 693
Thanked: 41 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by litesaber View Post
Then it was Vashi-Sion-Bandra and was home at 2:40pm. The right turn from Sion hospital is closed due to flyover construction. I was forced to go all the way to Sion circle and come back to the hospital and take a left. If I had known this would have taken the earlier turn from Sion Station.
I believe you meant to say you went all the way to King Circle and not Sion Circle .
Also hope you didnt get stuck in the massive traffic jams in that area due to the upcoming flyovers at KC and Sion Hospital.
f1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2008, 13:59   #150
BHPian
 
Hurrycane12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 457
Thanked: 52 Times
Default

I did the Bangalore - Mumbai trip in the 1st week of Oct 08; We left Bangalore at 4:45 AM and were in Pune at 4:30 PM there on touched Vashi at 6:45 PM, Mira Road at 8 PM.

The 12 hr journey to Pune included 2 fuel breaks and 1 break each for breakfast and lunch.
Hurrycane12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Noteworthy Highway Eateries on NH7 - NH47 (Bangalore-Salem-Thrissur) ranjitp1 Route / Travel Queries 7 10th May 2016 19:59
Food joints / Eateries on Indian Highways dilips Route / Travel Queries 34 29th December 2015 08:46
Highway Eateries : Depleting rapidly in number and quality anujmishra Street Experiences 38 7th October 2012 22:34
Delhi to Amritsar Road conditions and Eateries smooth Route / Travel Queries 3 24th July 2012 11:07
Cochin-Salem(GQ)-Pune-Vapi trip today. Road condition updates please... Sunney Route / Travel Queries 2 25th August 2011 09:17


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 16:53.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks