Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 4th April 2017, 19:22   #2101
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian
 
NPV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Namma Bengaluru
Posts: 4,589
Thanked: 4,292 Times
Default Re: Bangalore - Pune - Mumbai: Route updates & Eateries

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
I am sure that is a typo? You certainly meant Belgaum and not Hubli.
Yes, I meant to type Clarks Inn at Hubli, ended up typing Sankam!

For Belgaum, Sankam Residency is a good choice. I also saw a Pai Resorts almost behind Sankam Residency and the place looked very nice from outside.
NPV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2017, 08:58   #2102
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Pune
Posts: 91
Thanked: 46 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-Six View Post
Folks!

Quick question: My B-I-L is driving down from Pune to Bangalore and was planning to take a break for the day around Davanagere. Can you suggest some good places that they can use as a night halt for a family?

On another note, if Davanagere is not a good location for a night halt and if they should stop early (Hubbali?) feel free to suggest that as well.

Thanks
R-Six

Hi R-Six. There is no point in staying at Hubli or Belgaum. In May 2016, I had gone to Mysore. I took first night halt at Davangere. I started from Pune at 7am and reached Davangere somewhere around 6-6.30pm. Your B-I-L can reach upto Davangere so his next days journey gets cut by some distance.
In davangere I had stayed in Shrigandha Residency alongwith my family. Hotel was good and was value for money. You will require Google Map to locate the hotel. You can even give Sankama a try. Sankama comes before Shrigandha from highway. Pune to Davangere is 580kms. It is doable. Tell him to try Benne Dosa of Davangere it is very good. While doing Davangere to Bangalore the next morning, he can stop at Hotel Atithya for breakfast at it is very good.
kabir3551 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2017, 09:41   #2103
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Bombay/Belgaum
Posts: 245
Thanked: 445 Times
Default Re: Bangalore - Pune - Mumbai: Route updates & Eateries

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post

For Belgaum, Sankam Residency is a good choice. I also saw a Pai Resorts almost behind Sankam Residency and the place looked very nice from outside.
Pai resorts in Belgaum is indeed a very good place for food as well as stay, with very easy accessibility from NH4.

Another newly opened Punjabi restaurant near highway named "Oye Shawa" serves some really awesome North Indian cuisine. Highly recommended.
vivek95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2017, 09:21   #2104
BHPian
 
Shanmd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 94
Thanked: 32 Times
Default Re: Bangalore - Pune - Mumbai: Route updates & Eateries

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-Six View Post
Folks!

Quick question: My B-I-L is driving down from Pune to Bangalore and was planning to take a break for the day around Davanagere. Can you suggest some good places that they can use as a night halt for a family?

On another note, if Davanagere is not a good location for a night halt and if they should stop early (Hubbali?) feel free to suggest that as well.

Thanks
R-Six
Apoorva, right on the highway just outside Davanagere is a good option. We normally halt here. There's a clean small pool.. helps in unwinding.
Shanmd is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2017, 16:52   #2105
BHPian
 
vinayrathore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: DL-9C/KA-01
Posts: 516
Thanked: 300 Times
Default Re: Places to visit on Pune-Bangalore route

Bumping up an old thread.

Driving down to Pune from Bangalore on 25th April. Will be starting around afternoon from Bangalore and planning to cover as much distance as possible before taking a break. Need suggestions on a place to stay. Major criterion: should be safe as would be traveling with wife and kid, preferably on the highway and should be a decent property.

Suggestions welcome.
vinayrathore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2017, 18:52   #2106
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian
 
NPV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Namma Bengaluru
Posts: 4,589
Thanked: 4,292 Times
Default Re: Bangalore - Pune - Mumbai: Route updates & Eateries

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinayrathore View Post
Driving down to Pune from Bangalore on 25th April. Will be starting around afternoon from Bangalore and planning to cover as much distance as possible before taking a break. Need suggestions on a place to stay.
Replying to your post here as it seems better suited for this thread.

You can stop at Belgaum - Sankam Residency and Pai Resorts are good (they're almost neighbours). With a noon start from Bangalore, you should be in Belgaum around 8pm with a 30-45 minute break en route. These places are safe and family friendly.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2017, 19:19   #2107
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Pune
Posts: 24
Thanked: 29 Times
Default Re: Places to visit on Pune-Bangalore route

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinayrathore View Post
Bumping up an old thread.

Driving down to Pune from Bangalore on 25th April. Will be starting around afternoon from Bangalore and planning to cover as much distance as possible before taking a break. Need suggestions on a place to stay. Major criterion: should be safe as would be traveling with wife and kid, preferably on the highway and should be a decent property.

Suggestions welcome.
I did this route last month. We started at about 11 am from Bangalore (Jakkur area). It took us slightly more than 8 hrs driving time to reach Kolhapur. Took two breaks, lunch break for about an hour and a 15 min tea break. Stayed at Sayaji Kolhapur. Next morning we visited the famous Mahalaxmi temple and then we were on our way to Pune.

As far as staying at night is concerned, Kolhapur is much better, being a bigger city than Belgaum. You'll find many options in Kolhapur, both for staying and dining.
If you start at 12, Kolhapur is better. If you start at 2 or later, Belgaum may be a better option.
RubberSideDown is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2017, 08:48   #2108
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian
 
NPV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Namma Bengaluru
Posts: 4,589
Thanked: 4,292 Times
Default Re: Bangalore - Pune - Mumbai: Route updates & Eateries

Not exactly a Bangalore-Pune query but this was the closest and most active thread I could find for a query.

Where does one turn off from the NH48 highway to get to the Bovipalya bus stand after Tumkur (was told that this is the Madhugiri road and the turn off is marked with signage on the highway and need to get to service road and turn right below the flyover).

Wondering where exactly this turn off is and how far from the Kyathasandra toll plaza ?
A Map link would definitely help. Anyone ?

EDIT: Is this the correct route ? Map Link

Last edited by NPV : 21st April 2017 at 08:51.
NPV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2017, 09:39   #2109
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Belur/Bangalore
Posts: 3,947
Thanked: 9,259 Times
Default Re: Bangalore - Pune - Mumbai: Route updates & Eateries

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Not exactly a Bangalore-Pune query but this was the closest and most active thread I could find for a query.

Where does one turn off from the NH48 highway to get to the Bovipalya bus stand after Tumkur (was told that this is the Madhugiri road and the turn off is marked with signage on the highway and need to get to service road and turn right below the flyover).

Wondering where exactly this turn off is and how far from the Kyathasandra toll plaza ?
A Map link would definitely help. Anyone ?

EDIT: Is this the correct route ? Map Link
NPV, What is your destination? - Madhugiri? I am asking because I opened the Map URL you posted and saw the destination as Madhugiri.

If yes, why would you want to go to Tumkur at all when you can easily do Dabaspet - Right - Madhugiri. Distance wise this is only 6-8 kms shorter than Tumkur road but you wont have to pass the Khyatsandra Toll nor Tumkur.

Last year when I was returning from Rajkot, I ended up on this road (Dabaspet - Madhugiri) by mistake as 2 Roads fork out at Dabaspet (One for Doddaballapura and one for Madhugiri) and realised after 5 kms of driving that there were way too many KSRTC Buses on this route than usual and the terrain and scenes around looked much unusual to me . Then opened maps and saw my position and realised I was on the wrong route and then did a U-Turn to take the right route home.

Regarding the road - It was fantastic. Wide single carriageway but well done.

Not sure if this has answered your query.

If you still insist to take the one via Tumkur, I am not able to recall if there is a signage for Madhugiri, but trust maps to help you here on where to take the service lane exit.

As I put your link in Satellite mode, I noticed that this turn off comes around 1.5 kms before the signage for 6 lane expressway (Tumkur - Chitradurga) begins.
paragsachania is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2017, 10:17   #2110
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian
 
NPV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Namma Bengaluru
Posts: 4,589
Thanked: 4,292 Times
Default Re: Bangalore - Pune - Mumbai: Route updates & Eateries

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
If yes, why would you want to go to Tumkur at all when you can easily do Dabaspet - Right - Madhugiri. Distance wise this is only 6-8 kms shorter than Tumkur road but you wont have to pass the Khyatsandra Toll nor Tumkur.
The destination is near Bovipalya bus stop which I was told is about 1Km from the turn off on NH48 on the Tumkur-Madhugiri road, hence this routing (and not via Dabbaspete).
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2017, 10:08   #2111
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 85
Thanked: 25 Times
Default Re: Places to visit on Pune-Bangalore route

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinayrathore View Post
Bumping up an old thread.

Driving down to Pune from Bangalore on 25th April. Will be starting around afternoon from Bangalore and planning to cover as much distance as possible before taking a break. Need suggestions on a place to stay. Major criterion: should be safe as would be traveling with wife and kid, preferably on the highway and should be a decent property.

Suggestions welcome.
Its a little surprising that no one has mentioned Ramya Residency near Dharwad as an option for Blore-Pune-Mumbai travellers. I stayed here last week while enroute to Mumbai - figured out it fits the bill perfectly on all aspects. Right next to the highway, clean rooms, clean bathrooms, hot water and its light on the pocket as well.

Here's the location :-

https://goo.gl/maps/p1NUeaCBV9S2
explorer09 is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2017, 23:11   #2112
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Navi Mumbai
Posts: 30
Thanked: 14 Times
Default Re: Bangalore - Pune - Mumbai: Route updates & Eateries

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
For Hosur:



For Hubli:

1. Clarks Inn

2. The President Hotel

Need some advice. Change of plan (slightly) for Mumbai - Kodaikanal - Munnar - Mumbai Road Trip.

My parents will be taking a flight from Mumbai to Madurai and then travel to Kodaikanal by road which I suppose will take 3 hours (from Madurai airport to Kodaikanal). We will visit Kodaikanal and Munnar together and they (my parents) will go to Kochi airport from Munnar and take a flight back to Mumbai.

As for me, my wife and my sister, we will take the road and meet my parents in Kodaikanal. Since my parents will reach Kodaikanal by 4 in the afternoon, I have tweaked the itinerary a bit. Now it looks like this -

Day 1 - Navi Mumbai to Hubli
Day 2 - Hubli to Dharmapuri
Day 3 - Dharmapuri to Kodaikanal (approx 350 kms so that we reach early and catch up with my parents at the resort).

I am still thinking that on the return trip, whether I will take Munnar - Mysore route back.

Should I book the hotel for night stay at Adhiyamaan Palace Hotel in Dharmapuri in advance? considering maybe there are few good hotels in Dharmapuri and I will be traveling with 2 females. Also I hope it is safe to do this road trip with 2 ladies on-board! As far as hotel bookings at Hubli or Mysore are concerned, there are many good options so may be I can book them when I reach these places on that day itself. I am not sure about Dharmapuri.

Any suggestions?
ar.abc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2017, 00:10   #2113
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian
 
NPV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Namma Bengaluru
Posts: 4,589
Thanked: 4,292 Times
Default Re: Bangalore - Pune - Mumbai: Route updates & Eateries

Quote:
Originally Posted by ar.abc View Post
Need some advice. Change of plan (slightly) for Mumbai - Kodaikanal - Munnar - Mumbai Road Trip.
...
I am not sure about Dharmapuri.

Any suggestions?
I would suggest staying at Salem instead, will be worth the extra distance. Radisson and Grand Estancia are both very good and on the highway itself.
Dharmapuri is a much smaller town and the highway almost completely bypasses the town, so I'm suggesting Salem.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2017, 07:50   #2114
Team-BHP Support
 
ampere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 15,350
Thanked: 8,167 Times
Default Re: Bangalore - Pune - Mumbai: Route updates & Eateries

Quote:
Originally Posted by ar.abc View Post
I am still thinking that on the return trip, whether I will take Munnar - Mysore route back.
Since its a long drive back, I would suggest stick to 4-lanes. (via Bangalore)

Quote:
Should I book the hotel for night stay at Adhiyamaan Palace Hotel in Dharmapuri in advance? considering maybe there are few good hotels in Dharmapuri and I will be traveling with 2 females. Also I hope it is safe to do this road trip with 2 ladies on-board!
As NPV mentioned, please push till Salem and choose for a stay. It makes much more sense.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2017, 16:19   #2115
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: KA-03
Posts: 471
Thanked: 49 Times
Default Re: Bangalore - Pune - Mumbai: Route updates & Eateries

Quote:
Originally Posted by ar.abc View Post

Day 1 - Navi Mumbai to Hubli
Day 2 - Hubli to Dharmapuri
Day 3 - Dharmapuri to Kodaikanal (approx 350 kms so that we reach early and catch up with my parents at the resort).
Again, with early start, you can push upto Tumkur on Day 1, and Day 2 can be Tumkur-Kodai.
The reason being, with all youngsters, you may do with lesser breaks. I would suggest, have some hotels shortlisted, and decide based on where you reach.
sriturl is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Noteworthy Highway Eateries on NH7 - NH47 (Bangalore-Salem-Thrissur) ranjitp1 Route / Travel Queries 7 10th May 2016 19:59
Food joints / Eateries on Indian Highways dilips Route / Travel Queries 34 29th December 2015 08:46
Highway Eateries : Depleting rapidly in number and quality anujmishra Street Experiences 38 7th October 2012 22:34
Delhi to Amritsar Road conditions and Eateries smooth Route / Travel Queries 3 24th July 2012 11:07
Cochin-Salem(GQ)-Pune-Vapi trip today. Road condition updates please... Sunney Route / Travel Queries 2 25th August 2011 09:17


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 08:23.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks