Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 16th May 2011, 21:06   #16
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: HYD - Horsley Hills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet_Rider View Post
I am planning a trip from Hyderabad to Horsley Hills by road. Wanted to get an update on the road conditions from anyone who has been on that route recently.
Hi Rahul, you can take the hyderabad-Ananthpur-Horsley hills route. Look at the link below.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post2314689

Hyderabad-Ananthpur will be a distance of 359kms on Nh7 to bangalore and is a fantastic four lane road. From Ananthapur to Horsley hills would be around 165 kms on 2 lane road and road conditions are reported to good as of january
.look at this google map . This would be the best route to Horsley hills.
Google Maps
Fordmanchau is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2011, 13:15   #17
Senior - BHPian

Guys, how would be the weather in Horsley Hills at this point of time till June/July? What would be the average daytime/night temperatures over there?
rameshnanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2011, 13:43   #18
BHPian

Cool Re: HYD - Horsley Hills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau View Post
Hi Rahul, you can take the hyderabad-Ananthpur-Horsley hills route.
Thanks for the update Fordmanchau! My trip has been planned and bookings at Harita Resorts done today! Time to escape the scorching heat of Hyderabad for a few days! I am also planning to visit Talakona water falls which is about 90 kms from Horsley Hills. But being summer, I will first check from a few folks at Horsley Hills whether the falls are worth visiting or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshnanda View Post
Guys, how would be the weather in Horsley Hills at this point of time till June/July? What would be the average daytime/night temperatures over there?
Check out the link below to know the details about the weather at Horsley Hills. I have already planned a trip there during the next week. A maximum summer temperature of 32 degrees is far better than 42 degrees in Hyderabad!

Horsley, Horsley Hills, Travel Horsley Hills, Horsley Hill Station, Horsley Tours

Regards and Keep Revving,

Rahul Waghmare.
Scarlet_Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2011, 14:57   #19
Senior - BHPian

I am planning a trip in early September..
Anybody who has been here recently?
Please let me know how long will it take, assuming normal driving?
I am planning to start at 5 AM from Hyderabad and hope to reach there by 1 PM. Is it a realistic plan?
adimicra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2011, 15:08   #20
BHPian

Post Re: HYD - Horsley Hills

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
I am planning a trip in early September. Anybody who has been here recently? Please let me know how long will it take, assuming normal driving? I am planning to start at 5 AM from Hyderabad and hope to reach there by 1 PM. Is it a realistic plan?
I had been to Horsley Hills in May 2011. Please check out my travelogue for details : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...s-viceroy.html (Hyderabad to Horsley Hills in The Viceroy)

The first 370 kms are a breeze as you have the excellent NH7 Bangalore Highway. The remaining 150+ kms is a normal highway with lots of railway crossing, curves and 2-3 narrow bridges.

Rahul Waghmare.
Scarlet_Rider is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2011, 16:19   #21
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the reply.
I went through your travelogue. Great pics and nice description.

Seems like it took you 12 hours for the journey.
So, my estimate of 8 hours looks very optimistic .

If it is indeed 12 hours or so, it basically means 2 days are gone for travelling only. I guess I need to rethink ... is it worth travelling for 2 days and stay for just 1 day at the place?
adimicra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2011, 22:00   #22
BHPian

Post Re: HYD - Horsley Hills

There are 3 main reasons as to why it took me 12 hours to reach Horsley Hills :

- As mentioned on my travelogue : "The stops during our journey were dictated by our 9 month old kiddo! His wish was our command! So we had to stop accordingly for his food and of course the routine change of diapers!"

- The car in which I went there was not a new generation car.

- I was the only one driving.

So if you are going in a new generation car, making lesser stops and sharing the driving bit with someone, covering the journey in 8 to 9 hours is certainly possible.

Horsley Hills is basically a place to escape from the hustle and bustle of city life. I would say 2 days of stay is enough. One day to chill out and the other to indulge in various recreational activities. I would also suggest you to visit certain places that I missed out :

- Talakona water falls, located at 130 kms from Horsley Hills. Worth visiting in monsoons. I could not see them due to reasons mentioned in my travelogue.

- The famous Rishi Valley School near Horsley Hills.

- The famous silk sarees (If Applicable! ) in Madanapalle which is about 20-25 kms from Horsley Hills.

Rahul Waghmare.

Last edited by Scarlet_Rider : 5th August 2011 at 22:01.
Scarlet_Rider is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote