Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 6th December 2015, 11:46   #31
Default Re: Chandigarh - Mumbai - Chandigarh : Route Queries

Originally Posted by suzuki san View Post
Hi Guys,
A friend of mine will be attending a wedding in Chandigarh and has decided to drive from Bombay to Chandigarh in his new S Cross 1.6.
I may accompany him just for the drive - and to check out this S Cross.
Would really appreciate any inputs as to which is the best route to take as far as road conditions go.
Intention was to go via Ahmedabad and Udaipur but we are open to suggestions.
Leaving Bombay on the 8th. so would really, really appreciate any help from you guys.

Thanks in advance,

Hi.....I did this trip last year with my family and basis this the best route would be Mumbai - Nasik - Dhule- Manpur on the Mumbai Agra Highway. Turn Right on to Manpur Lebad Ratlam Chittorgarh Highway. Super roads with little traffic..only down side compared to Mumbai Ahmedabad highway is the quality of eating and staying options till Chittorgarh. Last 10 odd kms before Chiottorgarh is the only bad patch while coming from Manpur Ratlam route.

In case you decide to take Mumbai - Ahd highway...turn off at Vadodara to the Halol - Modassa - Shyamalji route and then turn right to the Udaipur highway. Again a super alternative to completely bypass congested Ahmedabad area.

From Chittorgarh take Bhilwara - Ajmer -Jaipur - Rewari...good roads but comparatively heavy traffic. From Rewari turn left on the Rewari - Rohtak - Panipat highway to completely bypass super congested Delhi. Again a super traffic free four laned highway.

ashtech007 is offline   Reply With Quote