Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 30th October 2010, 09:39   #1
BHPian

Default Nearest beach from Pune

Doc has advised a regular "walk on the beach sand" for my kid. But I live in Pune and cannot do so on a regular basis. At least, i want to do this once every weekend.
-Which would be the easiest-to-reach sandy beach from Pune? Not looking for an adventurous drive, but a highway drive to concentrate more on the destination rather than the drive
- Is there any place in Pune where you can get such a "sandy" experience, maybe some temple premises or any playground?
thx in advance.
rajarams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2010, 10:33   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajarams View Post
Doc has advised a regular "walk on the beach sand" for my kid.
1]-Which would be the easiest-to-reach sandy beach from Pune? Not looking for an adventurous drive, but a highway drive to concentrate more on the destination rather than the drive
2]- Is there any place in Pune where you can get such a "sandy" experience, maybe some temple premises or any playground?
thx in advance.
1] Nearest beach to Pune via good roads is Alibaug.
Though nearest beach is diveagar by road distance, it will take more time to reach than alibaug.

2] As far as sandy walk is concerned, try the playgrounds having facilities for the sports like long jump.
Otherwise, try the sand depot of vendor in building material business.
Best way is try the construction site near your resi where sand is available.
ASHISHPALLOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2010, 11:53   #3
BHPian

I am not sure how its feasible to hit beach every weekend being from pune. However as ashish suggested sports like facility centre and best option could be getting sand from sand vendor. You can make a small rectangular enclosure in your car parking or so if garden is not available.

Construction site is not available as there is good possibility of presense of rusted nails, wires in sand.

However , more details like age of child, reason for advice would certainly assist you to get better solution.
idea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2010, 09:36   #4
BHPian

thanks Ashish and idea for replying.
My daughter is 2 yrs old. The advice of "sand-walk" is help to improve her walking style.

Btw, a clarification.
Ashish, you say "Though nearest beach is diveagar by road distance", but if i check on google maps.
Alibaug is around 150 kms away through Mumbai hway/Pen
whereas Diveagar is at least 180 kms (thru Tahmini).
Is there a different diveagar that you are talking about?
rajarams is offline   Reply With Quote