| || ||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|3rd January 2011, 16:10||#16|
Join Date: Sep 2010
Thanked: 0 Times
Re: Hyderabad to Goa
My first posting... I've driven to Goa from Hyderabad about 13 years ago and absolutely cannot recall the route I took.
Now I have a Honda Jazz and will travel with my wife and 2 kids (Teen & 6 yrs). The trip is for 8 days starting this Saturday.
Based on latest update from srimath, I came-up with the following onward route.
1) Hyderabad to Jadcherla - Take the exit towards Palamooru and Devarsugur
2) From Devarsugur, South to Raichur
3) From Raichur, West towards Lingsugur (via Kalmala, Sirvar, Kavital)
4) From Lingsugur to Hungund (on NH13) via Basava Sagar Reservoir, Nagarhal, Karadi
5) From Hungund to Bagalkot, at Amingad, ask for route to Sirur
6) From Bagalkot, head west towards Gaddakeri, at this point turn south on NH218
7) On NH218, at Kulgeri, turn west towards Suriban, Hoolikatti, Monali, Sanikoppa, Bailholgal, Bagewadi (NH4 north) reaching Belgaum
8) In Belgaum, ask for Sawantwadi Road, reaching Sawatwadi via Amboli
9) At Sawantwadi, take NH17 south, reaching Calangute via Banda, Chikhalim
I did not want to take the same route on the return. Wanted to experience Maharashtra and hence thought of the following:
1) Goa to Ganpati Pule (stay there) on NH17 north via Shirada, Vengurla, Kharepaten, Ratnagiri
2) From Ganpati Pule, back on NH17 north, take the road to Mahabaleshwar / Panchgani (stay there).
3) Drive east to join NH9 at Tembhumi via Phaltan, Nateputa, Akluj
4) From Tembhumi to Hyderabad via Solapur
Any other suggestions / places in central / eastern MH on the return trip?
@ashishy, have you completed your travel? If so, would you please post your updates?
Thanks guys.. Anand
|3rd January 2011, 23:57||#17|
Join Date: Oct 2010
Thanked: 0 Times
Re: Hyderabad to Goa
Just returned from Goa. I had joined this forum while looking for info about routes to Goa. It only make sense to add my bit to it.
Onward journey to Goa:
Highway between Hyderabad and Solapur is not really smooth. Heavy traffic at 6am getting out of Hyderabad.
Solapur to Bijapur the top layer of the road had disappeared totally. Quite deserted part of the stretch.
Bijapur to Bagalkot Road good.
Bagalkot to Belgaum excellent. Can maintain good speeds. Sugarcane belt. You will encounter tractors pulling 2 trolleys. Multiple small speed breakers at every entry and exit of villages in Karnataka.
Belgaum-Amboli-Sawantwadi-Goa road alright for a ghat section. Narrow in sections, uneven, had relatively low traffic. A landslide had just been cleared and traffic was allowed. Please ask in Belgaum before taking any of the possible routes as conditions might change.
Gao to Belgaum via Sawantwadi but with a lot of traffic. Could be New Year rush.
Belgaum to Bagalkot same excellent road.
Bagalkot to Hungund, the same excellent road extends. After Hungund, turn off to Lingsugur. Single road, good condition. Please remember the speed breakers.
Lingsugur to Raichur - Here we start getting bad patches of the road. 60km from Raichur, Please be on the look out for craters. Missed one and bent my car rim. took me 1:30hrs to just cover the 60km stretch.
Raichur to Mahboobnagar - Similar conditions. AP side a lot of the craters patched up. Still be aware. Took me 2:30hrs
To Hyderabad from there is great.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|A road trip from Chattisgarh to Vibrant Goa (Bhilai-Pune-Goa-Hyderabad-Bhilai)||Sommos||Travelogues||21||27th October 2014 15:14|
|Hyderabad -Belgaom-Goa and Goa -Hubli-Rayachur Road Trip||dsreddy||Travelogues||32||29th July 2013 16:55|
|Getting out of the comfort zone: Hyderabad - Goa - Hyderabad||spadix||Travelogues||74||4th August 2011 21:38|
|Hyderabad-Goa-Hyderabad 9/12/09-13/12/09 Suzuki Swift vxi 2006||unoczar||Travelogues||6||25th December 2009 22:50|
|Hyderabad-Goa Drive : Calling all Hyderabad TBHPian's||mobike008||The Team-BHP Meet Section||86||2nd July 2009 15:13|