Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 16th November 2010, 14:11   #1
Senior - BHPian

Default Bangalore: Route from Forum mall to Airport

Can someone guide me to the route from Forum mall in Koramangala to Airport. I have been on it once but due to the so many crossings inbetween dont remember it, need to use it for early morning or late night to the Airport.

A mapped route will help, thanks.
dadu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2010, 14:34   #2
BHPian

Here's the link to the route from front of Hosur Road

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Hosur+Rd&daddr=12.97178, 77.60445+to:SH+104,+Karnataka,+India+(Bengaluru+In ternational+Airport)&hl=en&geocode=FeRfxQAdRUOgBA% 3BFQTvxQAdYiagBCm7Lgr3fhauOzEINYElZDGYuQ%3BFZt4yQA d_KyhBCEp82yRz02pmw&mra=dpe&mrcr=0&mrsp=1&sz=15&vi a=1&sll=12.978129,77.606993&sspn=0.021579,0.038581 &ie=UTF8&ll=12.960398,77.644157&spn=0.086321,0.154 324&z=13

1. Head Down straight towards MG Road.
2. After the Richmond Road signal you will reach a dead end where you have to take a Right. You will see Koshy's to your right and that means you are on the right road.
3.Immediately after Koshy's you will see a lane going towards the left, take that. Incase you miss it, take left at the signal right after Hard Rock Cafe.
4. At the next signal take a Right. You will have the Chinnaswamy Stadium on your Right. Keep heading with the traffic along this road, it naturally curves to the left. And then you will have Raj Bhavan on your Left. Keep heading with the traffic till you reach a signal.
5. Take a Right at this signal. And then you will reach roundabout, take a left here and head straight. You will have the Bangalore Golf Club to your Left.
6. Now you basic direction needs to straight. The road might turn about a bit, but you just need to go straight. After the Golf course once you have passed the underpass and a small flyover, the road turns to the left you need to take a right over the underpass. Majority of the traffic will be doing that. And then Take a Left again. This is a bit confusing, but as before you basic direction will be straight only.
7. After this head straight. On the Hebbal flyover dont take any of the deviations.
8. Its straight to the Airport after this.
praful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2010, 14:59   #3
BHPian

In case of doubt, find a BIAL volvo bus (going towards airport) and follow it blindly.

Rohan
rohan_iitr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2010, 17:57   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
Can someone guide me to the route from Forum mall in Koramangala to Airport. I have been on it once but due to the so many crossings inbetween dont remember it, need to use it for early morning or late night to the Airport.

A mapped route will help, thanks.
The route mentioned by praful is one route through the city; another one is through Hebbal.

1. From Forum mall, you can go straight towards Silk Board.
2. Take left at Silk Board and head towards Marathahalli.
3. Take the underpass at Marathahalli and continue straight.
4. You'd need to keep on going for atleast 25km where you be a T-junction and find a perpendicular flyover. Take LEFT here.
5. Merge with the main road and continue.
6. After a few kms., you will come across another flyover : a sign board saying LEFT towards BANGALORE CITY and UP on the flyover towards MEKHRI CIRCLE/HEBBAL.
7. Get on the flyover and go as the road goes (without turning anywhere).
8. After 10-odd km, you will come across quite some flyovers and a roundabout beneath.
9. Here, you have to take a 90-deg right turn.
10. Once you do that, all you have to do is go straight.
11. Finally, you will come across a under-construction toll booth. Just after that, there will be a flyover at the left of the road which goes to the airport.
12. Get onto it and go along the road.
13. Airport straight ahead!

FYI : If you wanna make it easy by taking a BIAL bus, go to BTM (Kuvempu Nagar) bus stand. It will a km after you take a RIGHT turn at Silk Board. From BTM Bus Stand, you will have buses throughtout the day. Both BIAS 8-A and 12 will originate here and go to Airport.
libranof1987 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2010, 06:18   #5
BHPian

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff: Post Deleted. Typing a message which is not a value-addition to the topic being discussed, or is just entirely irrelevant is considered as “Spam” on this community. Spamming is STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 2nd January 2012 at 10:45.
sarinkumar is offline   Reply With Quote Received Infraction
Old 17th November 2010, 07:11   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

@Dadu, it would have been helpful if you had mentioned any places in the city that you are familiar with. Would have been simpler to build it up from there, rather than giving directions afresh - and you having to search for the signals & landmarks.

Else, get in touch with someone who you can call as you drive. That's often a fail-safe method to get directions.
condor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2010, 08:01   #7
Senior - BHPian

Forum Mall - Dairy Circle flyover (take right from flyover downhill slope) - Audogudi signal - Take left to Brigade Road - Richmond Circle - Governer's Residence - Take left before signal to shivajinagar just after a petrol pump - Golf course - Windsor Manor hotel - take u turn at Mekhri Circle - from there take straight road w/o any turns and there are well marked boards with Aeroplane signs on them. From this point on even if you follow a meru cab, you'll damn sure reach the airport. Infact at any point in the route you see a meru cab or ilk just ask at a signal if they are going to the airport, and follow them.
prince_pervez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2010, 13:30   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
@Dadu, it would have been helpful if you had mentioned any places in the city that you are familiar with. Would have been simpler to build it up from there, rather than giving directions afresh - and you having to search for the signals & landmarks.

Else, get in touch with someone who you can call as you drive. That's often a fail-safe method to get directions.
Thats a good suggestion condor, I have your number.

Thanks people for the Outer ring road suggestions but I usually take that, its long and too much of traffic and flyover constructions.

But due to some changeof plan, had to come to Koramangala, took the intermediate ring road, Old airport road towards MG road, right towards trinity circle, left onto MG road from Trinity circle, took the right to Chinnaswamy stadium road and then left towards Raj bhavan road, Golf Course and straight to Airport. Thanks guys, I need to try the earlier route too someday.
dadu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2012, 00:05   #9
BHPian

Default Re: Bangalore: Route from Forum mall to Airport

My knowledge about Bangalore's airports is going to show off: Anyways, can someone provide me with some info and tips regarding the following:
1. I'm going to land in Bangalore from Mumbai some day (not fixed yet) in Feb 2011.
2. Do the domestic flights land in the same old airport (near Kodehalli) or do they land in the international airport?
3. In either case, which taxi service would you recommend to hire? I need to go to Basavanagudi. I definitely don't need a Omni ride. Thanks!
Iluvcars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2012, 07:22   #10
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvcars View Post
My knowledge about Bangalore's airports is going to show off: Anyways, can someone provide me with some info and tips regarding the following:
1. I'm going to land in Bangalore from Mumbai some day (not fixed yet) in Feb 2011.
2. Do the domestic flights land in the same old airport (near Kodehalli) or do they land in the international airport?
3. In either case, which taxi service would you recommend to hire? I need to go to Basavanagudi. I definitely don't need a Omni ride. Thanks!
No worries mate, domestic and international flights land at the same airport (BIAL) in Bangalore (unless you're a head of state so you can use the old HAL airport near Kodihalli ! )
When you come out of the terminal towards the exit (main entrance of the terminal building) you will find lots of taxis in a line and there will be at least a couple of folks there guiding you towards them. Make sure it's Easy Cab, Meru, etc or others that have digial meters and issue printed receipts.
Do NOT go with touts/other drivers who are themselves soliciting rides (there will be many of them around near the terminal building). If in doubt enquire with an airport official before you exit the terminal building.
Also, BMTC has a very good Volvo bus service. These buses are available a few hundred metres in front of the terminal building. This is a great way to travel during peak traffic hours. You can check at their counter for the correct bus to Basavangudi (route #) to Basavangudi and they will guide you. They operate several routes from the airport to various parts of the city.
Hope this helps.

Last edited by NPV : 2nd January 2012 at 07:30.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2012, 08:34   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
No worries mate, domestic and international flights land at the same airport (BIAL) in Bangalore (unless you're a head of state so you can use the old HAL airport near Kodihalli ! )
When you come out of the terminal towards the exit (main entrance of the terminal building) you will find lots of taxis in a line and there will be at least a couple of folks there guiding you towards them. Make sure it's Easy Cab, Meru, etc or others that have digial meters and issue printed receipts.
Do NOT go with touts/other drivers who are themselves soliciting rides (there will be many of them around near the terminal building). If in doubt enquire with an airport official before you exit the terminal building.
Also, BMTC has a very good Volvo bus service. These buses are available a few hundred metres in front of the terminal building. This is a great way to travel during peak traffic hours. You can check at their counter for the correct bus to Basavangudi (route #) to Basavangudi and they will guide you. They operate several routes from the airport to various parts of the city.
Hope this helps.
Good advice there!

BIAL has a very simple layout. Walk straight out of exit till you see a long line of Logan taxis and there will be a couple of people in the queue taking the taxi - couldn't be easier!

Public transport by VOLVO buses is also pretty good. Exit the airport and walk towards the left-extreme corner and you will find a bus stand. Ask for Basavangudi and get in. If you are single and without lot of luggage, this is highly recommended.

Ignore "taxi sir?" guys as you walk out.
androdev is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2012, 22:38   #12
BHPian

Thanks for the replies! I appreciate them. Maybe after returning I can share my experience if it's worth it.
Iluvcars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2012, 15:57   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

I need to drop my friend in bangalore international airport tomorrow. I stay near Meenakshi Temple in Bannerghatta road, would need some advise on the route to take because I will have to start around 10:00 AM during peak traffic(need to be in airport by 12:00). Below are the routes I am aware of but never traveled during the morning office hours in these routes. Hence need some suggestions,

Route1: Meenakshi Temple-Silkboard-Take Outer Ring Road - Marathahalli-KR Puram - Hebal and then St to Airport - Totally its around 60Kms

Route2: Meenakshi Temple - Diary Circle - (Through the City) - Hosur Raod - MG Road - Sanky Road - Hebal - and then St to Airport - Totally its around 50Kms

Please advise.

Route3: (From my place NICE road is just 2Kms) Meenakshi Temple - NICE Road - Tumkur Road - Take Outer Ring Road before Yeshwanthpur - Hebal - and then St to Airport, Google Maps says that its 75KMs, around 15 more than Route1 and 25 more than Route 2. I am not bothered about the Toll if it takes lesser time than the above 2 routes.
arun_josie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2012, 16:05   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
I need to drop my friend in bangalore international airport tomorrow. I stay near Meenakshi Temple in Bannerghatta road, would need some advise on the route to take because I will have to start around 10:00 AM during peak traffic(need to be in airport by 12:00). Below are the routes I am aware of but never traveled during the morning office hours in these routes. Hence need some suggestions,

Route1: Meenakshi Temple-Silkboard-Take Outer Ring Road - Marathahalli-KR Puram - Hebal and then St to Airport - Totally its around 60Kms

Route2: Meenakshi Temple - Diary Circle - (Through the City) - Hosur Raod - MG Road - Sanky Road - Hebal - and then St to Airport - Totally its around 50Kms

Please advise.

Route3: (From my place NICE road is just 2Kms) Meenakshi Temple - NICE Road - Tumkur Road - Take Outer Ring Road before Yeshwanthpur - Hebal - and then St to Airport, Google Maps says that its 75KMs, around 15 more than Route1 and 25 more than Route 2. I am not bothered about the Toll if it takes lesser time than the above 2 routes.
Meenakshi temple > dairy circle > Hosur road (joins near Mico) > St marks road > MG road > Sankey road > Bellary road
PS: Sorry, noticed you have this route already. I would suggest this route.

Last edited by Guna : 10th January 2012 at 16:08.
Guna is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2012, 16:09   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post

Please advise.

Stick to Route2 because:
During that time of morning, at least the road witnesses less traffic from MG Road all the way till Hebbal Flyover and after which you will just have to pass the rest of the signals till Airport.

Route3 is also a good option but only partially because:
You might do the entire NICE from Bannerghatta Road till Tumkur Road in 30 minutes and even get onto the Nelemangala Elevated stretch till Goreguntepalya but after this the traffic situation is a gamble.

Since the past 2 weeks, Goreguntepalya signal is witnessing lesser than expected traffic (as opposed to the worse condition just a month back that witnessed jams on the elevated bridge also). Taking the ORR after this again is a gamble if you get stuck at those Railway Gates. After the gates, Underpass work at BEL Circle is also in total mess and it will take 25 minutes for you reach Hebbal from Goreguntepalya alone (without the Railway gates closed) and this will also be a super long route.

If you still want to try NICE, I will suggest the following route to the Airport from Tumkur road:

Jallahalli Cross- Vidyaranyapura-Yelehanka-New Airport Road.

NH 4 to Unknown road - Google Maps

After you take left from Jalahalli cross (Tumkur Road) its a relatively traffic free road (no signals and its moving constantly) all the way till you join Bellary Road (new Airport Road) and not even a single Railway crossing.

Last edited by paragsachania : 10th January 2012 at 16:12.
paragsachania is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote