Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 29th November 2010, 10:49   #1
BHPian

Thumbs down Update - Route from Mysore to Nanjangud

Hi All

I had been to Bandipur Yesterday and was going thru Bangalore-Mysore-Nanjangud-Gundalpet.

The road condition between Mysore and Nanjangud have gone bad. It took me almost 1hr to cover this 22kms with no traffic at all, as i was driving at night and it was around 3:30AM. The whole road has worn out tar and have started having big pot holes. Would recommend whoever traveling this road to add additional 1hr of time for safe traveling.
tabrez02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2010, 10:57   #2
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabrez02 View Post
Hi All

I had been to Bandipur Yesterday and was going thru Bangalore-Mysore-Nanjangud-Gundalpet.

The road condition between Mysore and Nanjangud have gone bad. It took me almost 1hr to cover this 22kms with no traffic at all, as i was driving at night and it was around 3:30AM. The whole road has worn out tar and have started having big pot holes. Would recommend whoever traveling this road to add additional 1hr of time for safe traveling.
i second that, but then the route after that is beautiful, right upto Bandipur
whitemm550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2010, 11:19   #3
Team-BHP Support

Its not good at nights on the Mysore-Nanjangud stretch.
You dont know, which pothole you would hit at what point in time.
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2010, 11:30   #4
BHPian

Yes, the road condition is really bad, I have a friend in Mysore who travels to Nanjangud daily on work and even his Honda City has started rattling and he had to get a suspension job done too !
kannan666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2011, 16:51   #5
BHPian

Question Re: Update - Route from Mysore to Nanjangud

I am planning to visit Nanjanagud Temple coming weekend. Would like to know how is the condition of the road between Mysore and Nanjanagud. Is there any alternate route apart from Mysore and T Narasipura? Got to know T Narasapura to Nanjangud is a nightmare.
kadurRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2011, 11:55   #6
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Update - Route from Mysore to Nanjangud

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadurRacer View Post
I am planning to visit Nanjanagud Temple coming weekend. Would like to know how is the condition of the road between Mysore and Nanjanagud. Is there any alternate route apart from Mysore and T Narasipura? Got to know T Narasapura to Nanjangud is a nightmare.
I last traveled the Mys'- Nanjangud route about a month back and the road surface hasn't changed as such. It wasn't much of a back breaking drive apart from a few rough patches. Also it aint much of a long drive between Mys and Nanjangud, roughly about 24kms or so.

Last edited by rjstyles69 : 9th November 2011 at 11:57.
rjstyles69 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2013, 00:50   #7
BHPian

Default Re: Update - Route from Mysore to Nanjangud

An update on the road conditions from mysore to nanjangud...

I drove down to Nanjangud from Bangalore last weekend, via mysore - The road IS quite good b/w mysore-nanjangud. Hardly any potholes . Could cover the distance of about 24 odd kms in about 15 minutes. The only bug bear was there was substantial lorry traffic...
haria is offline   Reply With Quote