Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 1st December 2010, 10:50   #1
BHPian

Default Karwar to Visakhapatnam route query

First of all,would thank people here who quickly replied to my mumbai - karwar route query posted in another thread. Some more assistance required to finalize my iterenary.
I have to drive down to visakhapatnam after finishing my karwar getaway. My earlier plans were to come back to mumbai, and then drive to vizag via Pune - Solapur - Hyderabad - Vijaywada route.
However, will i able to save up on some time if i drive to vizag directly from Karwar? Any good roads that will obviate the need to drive back to pune n follow the route mentioned above?
nvldvr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2010, 11:21   #2
Team-BHP Support

I guess the best route would be : (Others can validate)

Karwar - Ankola (NH17)
Ankola - Hubli (NH63)
Hubli-Bijapur-Homnabad (NH218) (I saw a TL on Malvan which had very good reviews on NH218).
Homnabad-HYD NH9
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2010, 13:57   #3
BHPian

Thanx Ampere.But I am really sceptical about the state of National Highways in Karnataka. If someone who has actually travelled on these roads in the near past can contribute anything, that will be a big help.
Old 1st December 2010, 14:55   #4
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvldvr View Post
Thanx Ampere.But I am really sceptical about the state of National Highways in Karnataka. If someone who has actually travelled on these roads in the near past can contribute anything, that will be a big help.
NH63 is awesome and no issues what so ever. Once you hit Hubli, NH218 is decent (Look at Uday's comments below )

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...nt-malvan.html (Magficient Malvan)
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2010, 09:49   #5
BHPian

Thanx again ampere. Went through udaygk's thread. Quite reassuring. Will most probably do the Karwar - Bijapur - Homnabad - Hyd - Vijaywada - Vizag route in 2 days of driving.