Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 24th December 2013, 11:24   #31

Default Re: mangalore to mysore

Guys,
Any new updates on the status of Madikeri - Mangalore route? Have to travel to Mangalore via Mysore post christmas and I've heard horror stories about this route.
Brian Ammanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2013, 15:47   #32
BHPian

Which car will you be taking. I travelled 10 days back with a Punto, the roads are doable and the 30 Km stretch from Sampaje to Jalsoor too 1Hr15Mins.
slicvic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2014, 12:06   #33
BHPian

I had gone in last week of May from Mangalore to Madikeri. The road overall if you take is good, work on the highway is going on. Altogether i feel maximum total 10 kms bad stretch is there, that is also motorable. After the rains start the bad patch may deteriorate further but i hope it will be patched up so should not be much of a problem.
nityaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2014, 12:11   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nityaya View Post
I had gone in last week of May from Mangalore to Madikeri. The road overall if you take is good, work on the highway is going on. Altogether i feel maximum total 10 kms bad stretch is there, that is also motorable. After the rains start the bad patch may deteriorate further but i hope it will be patched up so should not be much of a problem.
Could you kindly advise what was the route taken and time taken.TIA
ranjitp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2014, 12:17   #35
BHPian

Default Re: Route Information : Mangalore to Mysore

My route was Mangalore - Mani - Puttur - Sullia - Madikeri. While going my wife was driving and since it was her first time in the ghats it took us 4 hours driving leisurely. On way back i was driving again it took us 4 hours, but that included 1 hour for lunch at Puttur.
nityaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2014, 06:01   #36

I did the Mysore -> Madikeri -> Sampaje -> Suliya -> Puttur -> Mani -> Mangalore -> Udupi trip and I found most of the stretch good, except for some very bad patches between Sampaje to Suliya post rains took us about 4.5 hrs as we had our children needing a few breaks.
adityarao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2016, 13:49   #37
Senior - BHPian

Bumping up this old thread. Thinking of doing Mysore to Mangalore road trip sometime soon and wanted to know the road conditions and the best route to take.

Thanks in Advance.
DieselFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2016, 19:47   #38
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselFan View Post
Thinking of doing Mysore to Mangalore road trip sometime soon and wanted to know the road conditions and the best route to take.
You can take the regular Mysore-Hunsur-Kushalnagar-Madikeri-Sampaje ghat-Sulla-Mangalore route, road conditions are fine, not sure of any adverse impact due to monsoons.
NPV is offline   Reply With Quote